Greyhound / lost luggage

United States, Texas, Dallas Review updated:
Greyhound Bus Services
205 SLamar Street
Phone: 214-655-7082
Like I said the bus company needs to be investigated for losing lost luggages, hiring corrupt lawyers who forged fake signatures and offer 250 damn dollars.C'mon man this is a bilion dollar bus company who's not hurting with money.My luggage was lost Feb21, 2007 during a bussswitch in Oklahoma City.Had over 2, 000 dollars of lost items in my luggage after attending NBA All Star Weekend.So I want people to see what's going on.David Leach is thier disgraced CEO.He's allowing this plus we have a CIVIL Court date in NYC March 25th.I've been fighting these folks for 2 years.

N  19th of Mar, 2009 by
I travelled from Grambling, Louisiana on December 17 to Dallas, Texas. I had my two luggages with me. When I arrived to my destination at Dallas, I couldn't find my luggages. Now it had been 3 months since i lost my luggage. I 'm having really hard time.

That travel has worsen my life. I'm an international student and I just transferred from Louisiana to Dallas for my study. It has been 5 months i came to USA. Since i'm international, all these things are new to me. And I'm so ignorant. So Greyhound is taking advantage of my ignorance.

I called more than 100 times to Greyhound. And they are still getting me in trouble. I had my all clothes, my all meant property that i brought from my homecountry. All my memories from my country, my memory of my family, my clothes, my books, all my items which meant a lot to me. Now I don't have them.

I don't have clothes to wear. I'm sort of money and Greyhound created a nightmare to me. I'm so tired of fighting with greyhound.

I had also claimed my luggage. I had my stuffs worth more than 2000 dollars. I had my all stuffs in that two luggages. And after 3 months long, what greyhound has to offer is only $250 dollars. ###!!!

Just $250 . That sucks man. I called several times and now i'm tired. I said i don't need money. Help me find my luggage. I just need my luggages, i don't need damn $ 250. $ 250 can't buy anything in this expensive usa.
It really had been a nightmare for me.

I have nothing in this big country. The value of my two luggage is just $ 250. I don't agree that. My luggages worth more than that. I'm so tired of fighting with greyhound now.

And the customer service is also worst. They don't give adequate service. And the number for baggage claim, they don't receive the damn phone man.

I'm so helpless in this country.

N  16th of Sep, 2009 by
The letter I've written to British newspapers describes the complaint:

I returned to the UK in late August from an American trip to find that Greyhound were starting a £1 bus run from London to Portsmouth. I'd normally be in favour of news coverage of cheaper public transport. If only it wasn't Greyhound.

Greyhound managed to lose my suitcase in while I was in the USA. They manage it with many other people too through a ridiculous luggage procedure of removing selected luggage to make way for baggage they think is more urgent. Greyhound believes that it's satisfactory for passengers luggage to arrive a day or two after they do. Or not at all, judging by the time wasting form filling leading to no result, apart from the notification of 90 days taken to search for it, and the insincere email messages ignoring questions while repeating sentences word for word of false sympathy.

It's easy to find complaints of this nature about Greyhound on the Internet and complaints about the rudeness of staff. I experienced this between Cleveland and Dallas when I was told by the drivers not to check my suitcase because they were taking care of it, and for safety reasons. At some stops there were uniformed officers to enforce this. When I arrived at Dallas minus suitcase the Customer Services representative walked away from me when I tried to report this to him, then he directed me to the baggage control office which was closed. When I found the Baggage Control Manager he told me I should have checked my suitcase during the trip! Finally another member of staff told me that he didn't travel with Greyhound because of their attitude towards luggage.

Some people think the luggage is stolen. Difficult to prove but difficult to disprove too.

I find it amazing that Greyhound can get away with this performance in the USA where many people are being sued for far less. Mayb it's because they have a monopoly and their clientele are the poorer sections of American society. One woman on the Internet complained about having no clothes because she couldn't afford to buy any, after Greyhound had lost hers.

They've persisted with their luggage procedure since 1997 when I travelled with them for the last time before last month and they did the same thing. That led to a showdown with the Greyhound Manager in El Paso Texas when he tried to recite company rules to me. My luggage was retreived then but now I think it's gone for good.

I'm concerned about similar things happening in Britain if they get the upper hand here.
N  19th of May, 2012 by
I had a TV set stolen from me, as well as a Nintendo Wii system and five games.
It happened in Shreveport, LA.

I told this story COUNTLESS times to Greyhound staff, and they just don't care.

What can I do to get my resolution?

I know it was a Greyhound employee who stole my stuff, but what can I do to get payback?

Greyhound Lines Logo Greyhound Lines