Greyhound — have not got refund!
I was in the US for a holiday from India with my parents in May 2007. We had planned a trip to Niagara Falls while we were there. On May 16, we bought three tickets for travel from Milwaukee, WI, to Buffalo, NY. We took the 2.15pm bus from Milwaukee to Chicago as scheduled and reached Chicago around 4.30 pm. From Chicago, we were to take the 4.55pm bus to Cleveland. At Cleveland, we would have made another change and reached Buffalo on the morning of May 17.
But at Chicago, we were told that the bus to Cleveland was full and we could not take it. We had confirmed tickets and were in good time but were not allowed to board the bus. The next bus was seven hours later and would have reached Buffalo in the afternoon. But that would be too late for us because we needed to visit the Canadian visa office there for a visa to go and see Niagara from the Canadian side. Besides, the seven-hour wait would be too much for us. My father who is a senior citizen.
So we said we would rather go back to Milwaukee. We were told we would get the refund for the tickets (a little over $300) if we sent the original tickets to the Greyhound office in Dallas. We sent the tickets to Dallas in the refund envelope we had been given at Chicago, with the tickets and the explanation why we needed the refund. We still haven't heard from them. I have sent Greyhound three emails since returning to India but have had no response.
We had a great holiday in the US but for this very unpleasant experience. Not only did Greyhound spoil a trip to Niagara (which we could not see after all), and cause us a lot of harassment (we returned to Milwaukee a good 8 hours after we left for Chicago), they are not giving us our money back although we have given them the address to send it to. This is daylight robbery and not something we have ever come across anywhere.
More Greyhound Complaints & Reviews
- Greyhound Bus - customer service 
- Greyhound Bus - overcharge and poor customer service 
- Greyhound Bus - terrible experience! 
- Greyhound Bus Services - losing lost luggage! 
- Greyhound Bus Lines - unbelievable horrific experience 
- Greyhound Bus - money never refunded 
- Greyhound Bus Service - cold & unheated bus
- Greyhound Lines, Inc. - bus service/delays/disrespect/customer service/discrimination
- Greyhound Lines - bad service and rude employees
- Greyhound Bus Lines - lost baggage