Greyhound Bus Lineslost baggage

I recently took a Grey hound bus on Thurs. evening the Nov.14th, departing out of Wichita Falls Texas. I personally helped the driver load my 2 bags on to the bus. One being a suitcase containing all my clothes, personal hygiene items, cancer medication, and processor I use to compose music with. The second bag was a Stanley tool box on wheels which held over 3 thousand dollars worth of my work tools.
We stopped to change buses in Amarillo, at which time I went to assure my bags would be taken off my bus and placed on my new bus. Workers who were loading and unloading told me I was in a restricted area and rudely told me to go inside the station and assured me my bags were loaded on my new bus.
We then arrived in Phoenix where we were to grab our bags and put them on our new bus which was headed to my final destination which was Yuma, AZ. My bags were NOT on the bus! I was told that they would be in Yuma when I arrived that evening. Upon arrival, they were not there!
The counter person told me that they were on the way and would be in today Sat. the 14th at 1 PM, I went down to the station at 1 pm and of course they were not there. I was told "hey, maybe try back at 9 tonight" and was not offered any help or a solution.
Since these bags contained my work tools I have so far lost a whole day of wages, and life saving medication which I cannot replace till Monday since it is the weekend and the doctors office is not open.
Grey hound has only pushed me away when asked about their negligence and have only told me false lies, to please me. This company does not care for the needs of their passengers, still right now I continue to loose wages and still have not been offered a solution.

Comments

Mar 26, 2011

OMG !THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME IN AMARILLO MARCH25 AND THEY WERE RUDE TO ME AND ASSURED ME MY BAG WOULD BE PLACED ON THE BUS.NOW ITS MARCH, 26 I HAVE NO CLOTHES AND ALL THEY COULD SAY WAS COME AND FILL OUT A LOST BAGGAGE CLAIMS FORM.

Mar 26, 2011

I TRANSFERRED BUSES IN AMARILLO TEXAS MARCH 25, 1:45 a.m. and was rushed to get on the bus and not allowed to get my bag. my bag was in my view, myself and others were assured that our bags would be placed on the bus and when we got to denver colorado none of our bags were there. I called every possible destination and my bag has not been located.IM here in denver with no clothes or medication and all they can say is fill out a claims form

• St
      May 08, 2011

Funny, the same exact thing happened to me IN AMARILLO. They told me they'd moved my luggage to the next bus. "Oh, don't worry, we've already taken care of it!" they said. I stressed to them to MAKE SURE they'd moved it. EVERYTHING I owned was in there, including my clothes, wedding video, birth certificates, and all my Early Childhood Education certifications. Without them, I can't get a job. I've moved all the way from Ohio. I am in a new state with NOTHING but the carry-on bag I had, which only contained my sketchbook and jewelry. And they are treating me as if the whole ordeal is my fault. Because of a flaw in THEIR original paperwork (they wrote San AN, instead of San Angelo), we have decided to sue. I will be using your post as additional evidence and hopefully making some changes to the way that greyhound runs their luggage service.

• Gr
      Jan 30, 2015

and heres the worst part. THEY WONT GIVE U A DIME EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY THEY WILL. they will make you fill a claim form wait six months then send a letter saying that they have investigated the matter and feel they are not going to pay for it. they are ###. i hate greyhound with a passion

• Me
      Mar 29, 2017

The station in Amarillo bus station is by far the worst station I have been to the staff and management re worthless and do not do their jobs a lady I was traveling with had her purse stolen another lady sitting close by had said she seen a young man carrying it and even asked if it belonged to the lady who was sitting there in which she replied no the sound man proceeded and boarded the bus with the lady's purse when the manager was approached the manager with this knowledge straight up told her he can not and will not check the bus that the man had gotten on simply because the purse went missing in the attached restaurant...that is bs and inhuman. Shame on Amarillo for hiring such worthless workers who treat their traveler's Ike they do not matter as for my family and I greyhound will never be a travel option for us. If a manager is allowing someone to get away for stealing then there is no telling what else he is willing to let pass. Shame on you Amarillo greyhound!!

• Am
      Nov 13, 2017

They lost my aunts luggage on September the 20th 2017 and we have been trying to get someone to tell us where the bags are at. We have filed claims and done everything that they have told us to do and it is now November 13 and still nothing. I asked for there legal departments phone number and address to send a demand letter and they gave me the phone number I called originally. Terrible service. I would never ride on Greyhound!!!

• Ro
      Apr 22, 2019

Greyhound stole my property terrible service