Greyhound Bus / terrible customer service

My sister and my daughter traveled using your company in February 2009 and again in April 2009. In February, my sister who paid for two seats was unable to find adjoining seats on one of your buses, coming back to New York from North Carolina. There were customers who were traveling alone and refused to offer the seats to my sister and my two year old daughter. The driver said, "nothing". My sister was then told, "That they would have to sit in separate seats. How would anyone want to allow a two year old to sit with a complete stranger and expect for the ride to be an enjoyable one. My sister had no other choice, but to hold my daughter in her lap from North Carolina to Maryland. I felt that my sister should have been entitled to a refund on my daughter's ticket. Secondly, the buses were way behind in their schedules. My sister and daughter waited eight more hours at a Fayetteville, N.C.terminal awaiting for a bus that was heading to New York. She had to get a number ticket in order to get on the bus. My question is why would she need to have a number ticket, when tickets were already purchased? My sister and daughter was suppose to reach Port Authority at 1pm but instead, did not reach until 7:20 pm. No explanation was even given to passengers. Third, My sister purchased two full priced adult and child tickets in April 2009. Once again, buses were late for arrival and did not have adjoining seats. My sister, daughter and I arrived at Port Authority two hours before departure. Staff was very uninformative about bus gates, bus times and bus scheduling. Staff needs more training when dealing with the public. As we all understand that we are customers who are paying for services that are not being rendered. My sister and daughter arrived at Raleigh, N.C. and because of the late arrival of the bus, missed the connecting bus that would've have taken them to their destination in Lumberton, N.C. Staff was unfriendly and discourteous with paid ticket(s) passengers. My sister was told by an employee that she missed her bus and to stand on line again to get on another bus. The wait would be another hour and a half. I*t, s just a shame how your bus company operates and with all the inconvenience, should really consider going out of business, due to its hassles to paying passengers. Someone really needs to look in to this problem. I will be accompany my sister, daughter and son in July 2009 and don't know if we will be using your company's services. Perhaps taking the plane or train will best suit our needs. Very dissatisfied

0p

Comments

• Ne
      9th of Sep, 2010

HORRIBLE COMPANY! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!:(

They charged me twice for a ticket they never gave me. so, I ended up paying $250 for a nightmare experience from New Mexico to Colorado. I had a huge fight in Albuquerque with the customer service representatives. They wouldn't let me board the bus without paying again. IDIOTS! I demanded to speak to their supervisors, and I asked for everyone's name. I called the corporate headquarters and the customer service department, and they were rude and belligerent! I fought my way onto the bus, and I was squeezed in the back of a Mexican bus, near a man with a dirty-diapered baby. The whole bus smelled like diarrhea, and it made me want to puke. The bathroom was nasty, too! Some [censor] bought a dog on the bus, and it kept crapping on the floor. Eventually, the bus driver had to pull over the bus on the freeway, and the [censor]ic owner had to get off on the side of a busy highway, and walk their damn dog. What an a**hole! What kind of dumba** brings a dog on a 500-mile journey?! OMG! WTF? INSANE!!!

I am still trying to get a refund for my ticket. But after reading the other reviews of this pathetic Gayhound, I think I'm just going to write it off as a lost cause. I may mail a copy of my ticket receipt and explanation to the corporate office, and visit my local office in Cali. But I doubt they will actually help me. Everytime I call the customer service line, they keep me on hold until the business hours are over/closed. What a great way to treat customers...NOT!

PLEASE STOP RIDING GAYHOUND! IF ENOUGH PEOPLE REFUSE TO GIVE THEM THEIR HARD-EARNED MONEY, THIS SO-CALLED COMPANY WILL ULTIMATELY GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND DIE! BOYCOTT GAYHOUND! STOP THE INSANITY! DON'T GIVE THEM A CENT! THEY SUCK! THEY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE DIRT! NO MORE! IT IS TIME TO TAKE A STAND! YES, WE CAN!!! LOL!