Greeting Cards / Vendsmart placement company!

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-238-1635

This is a story about a so called company called Premier Greeting Cards Inc. Whcih was suppose to be out of Philadelphia, Penn. Back on Aug 3, 2007 I sent 2 wire transfers, which both totaled up to $35,603. For a distributorship. Which was suppose to be 20 stores. After I had checked them out best as I could. Premier was member of Better Business Bureau and Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce Premier gave me other so called distributors, phone numbers. Which I did call, from several different states. They told me I could make good money doing this business.

The placement company, that Premier sent for me to have my cards and display racks. {20 display racks and 8,000 cards} Was none other than Vendsmart Placement company out of Tuscaloosa, Alabama . Which I gave them also $2,490 , was suppose to be $3,000 for the 20 locations. They could only find 15 and never the 20 locations. Bottom line David Addison of Vendsmart and Tim Harris of Premier Greeting cards will one day get what's coming to them , from none other than Almighty God. For unless they repent, and turn away from scamming others. They will both be cast into the Lake of Fire, even if their names really aren't David Addison or Tim Harris, for God knows their real names. It doesn't matter. For one day on judgment day, these scammers, will get what's coming to them... I'm out over $38,000 from these 2 companies. Please do yourself a favor. If it sounds to good to be true, it is probably a SCAM... Scammers phone numbers... Premier Greeting Cards phone number [protected] Vendsmart [protected].

Comments

• Mb
      21st of Dec, 2007

We are victims of Premier Cards Inc. as well. We paid for 30 locations ad have had cards (including Christmas) and racks in our garage for 2 months. It has been 3 months since we paid our $50,000 to what we checked out and thought could be a profitable business.

We spoke with individuals who had distributorships up and running for years (supposedly) and they told us that they had great locations in nationally known retail stores and that they recouped there money within a short time and were now running a very lucrative business. We were told by our second locator that the claim made by these other distributors and by our first locator that the information about the cards being in reputable chain stores is as he said " an embellishment"

We have received excuse after excuse from Premier when we are able to contact them. We were contacted by our "locator" on Wednesday December 19, 2007 and told that Premier had gone out of business.

There is no way to make contact as their phone, faxes, website and e-mails have all been shut down. The individuals who we spoke with initially regarding their distributorships can not be reached and the locators, which are an independent company have full voice mailboxes.

We have contacted a lawyer and are collecting names of individuals who have be victims. If you are interested we encourage you to write a complaint to a website called Rip-off and we will monitor that website for new information.

Our hope is to recoup some funds but would be satisfied to see someone in jail.

24th of Dec, 2007

I am to a victim of this scam. I have contacted the BBB and states attoney of PA. I only hope we can band together and somehow get these creeps. I had a friend go check them out in Philly. I can be contacted at 847 489 2162. Hang in there everybody.

Jim Horak

• Ga
      28th of Dec, 2007

I too was a victim of Premier Cards Inc's scam. They used the same method of operation on us. We are out over $35,000. I would be interested in helping in anyway to bring these frauds to justice. I can be contacted thru email.

Gary Odom
    aligar7@gmail.com

31st of Dec, 2007

We too are victims. We bought in for 20 racks, never received our cards. All we have are the 20 plastic racks which are wothless. We have contacted the BBB, states attoney of PA, and our local Congress Rep. Don't know if there is any hope of getting our investment back but we are going to keep trying.

• Mo
      2nd of Jan, 2008

We are also victims. We purchased 20 racks and were never contacted by a locator. We also received excuse after excuse and now see that the company is out of business. We checked the BBBa and all references and got positive answers. I can be contacted by email.

• Co
      7th of Jan, 2008

I am as well a victim of the scam by "Premier Cards" I wire transferred money to purchase "10 stores" as a distributor, I have 10 rack, ugly cards(NOT Hallmark) I might add. As all the rest of you, I never got locations, all I have now is a huge bank loan for the money I borrowed for this business. Does anyone know what we can do as a group to try and recoup our money at least? I have contacted the Attorney General in my state (Michigan) as well as in Penn and private attorneys that don't want to take this case on. Any ideas of what we can all do such as a class action suit? Would love to hear from some of you in regard to our mutual problem. I want us to prevail and let us stay as victims.

• Ke
      8th of Jan, 2008

I was also scammed by Premier Cards aka Tim Harris. Purchased 10 Racks and cards. Only received racks with no cards. Racks were also short some pieces. Hope we catch these guys. I have filed complaints with ftc.gov and bbb and [redacted]s and attorney general. Good hunting to all!!!!!!!!!

• Ca
      15th of Jan, 2008

I too have been ripped off. Anyone thats wants to do something send me an e-mail

• Ca
      15th of Jan, 2008

lets get Tim and his friends

18th of Jan, 2008

I found some interesting information on the Colorado Secretary of State web site. Premier Cards Inc. was Jenny's House of Cards. The Registered Agent was Jenny Smith, then a change was filed for a new Registered agent whose name is Michael Jeffery Burns. You can do a search on this site and look at the historical documents dating back to the early 90's.

25th of Jan, 2008

Tim Harris has hit again.... Be greatful that at least some of you received uselss uncomplete plastic racks and ugly greeting cards. I only received a pretty little information folder. If anyone has found out anything on what we can do please contact me via email.

26th of Jan, 2008

I am also a victim of the Premier Greeting Cards. I purchased a distributorship in June and I have had the same problems. I purchased a silver level distributorship which is 30 stores. So I am out 50,000 dollars. The locator that I used was called Speciality Marketing. I can't even get a hold of that company anymore either. If anyone has any information please email me.

• Sc
      10th of Mar, 2008

We have also been scammed by this company. We did receive our cards and are now trying to find some way to sell them to make a small dent in the money we have lost. Anyone else have any ideas. We currently have a lawyer, however we are doubtful we will ever see our money again. Please keep us posted on any news.

16th of Mar, 2008

I, too, have been a victim. I purchased 30 racks in June and am also out $50 K of my retirement money with no locations or income. What can we do to recoup our investment? Tim Harris would never take my calls after he got my money! What can we do? This should not be happening!!!

• Gu
      4th of Jun, 2008

I learned about this so called "business investment opportunity" through an Add in a local paper in my area.
    I contacted the company by phone, and I was approached by three individuals in matter of minutes, here are their names:
    Jim Barrymore - Phone No.1-888-238-1635 - Extension 1021
    Tim Harris (VP) - Phone No. 1-888-238-1635 - Extension 1003
    David Branson - Templeton Placement Services - 1-800-725-0252
    I was convinced this was a sound business opportunity; but I did my homework and this is what I found some inconsistencies that made me walk away from wiring $35k:
    First Strike: On the Website they had: http://www.premiercardsinc.com/distributor.html; I noticed that they included the following statement: "As a Cards R Us distributor you are our public image"; Cards R Us was not one of the companies they had listed under their "strategic alliances and buying power" flyer. When I questioned Mr. Harris he went: uhhh...uhhh...uhhh...I'll get back with you on this!!!
    Second Strike: The company claims to be founded in 1990, but became member of the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce until May 07, 2007; that did not sound too encouraging as a "sound investment opportunity" on a company founded 17 years ago, and becoming a member of the BBB so recently.
    Strike Three: Their agreement is subscribed between the "distributor" [we the thumb suckers], and "Premier Cards Inc.", and signed by Mr. Michael J Burns, signing as President and CEO of Premier CArds Inc.; my suspicion led me to run a websearch on Mr. Michael J Burns, and I found Administrative Proceeding - File No.3-11994 The United States of America Before the SEC, imposing remedial sanctions to Mr. Michael J Burns (Respondent) - in a matter related to "penny stock offering" - barring Mr. Burns from participating in any offering of a penny stock. I have a print out of the document. When I inquired Mr. Harris on this, he went: uhhh...uhhhh...UHHHH...I DON'T KNOW...LET ME FIND OUT AND I'LL GET BACK WITH YOU...!!!
    Strike Four: The agreement is issued by "Premier Cards Inc", but the Bank Wire Transfer Instructions under "Additional Information" reads: "For final credit to: Premier Cards Inc LIMITADA" - not good...! And under beneficiary name lists: BANCO INTERFIN S.A.; that caught my attention and again, I ran a websearch and found out this bank is located in Costa Rica. When I addressed this item, Mr. Harris did not know what to say either...!
    I'll give you Strike Five: Mr. Harris made a mistake by calling from a phone number area 213 in California, claiming he was calling me from PA; but maybe their "switchboard" was somehow going through a "HUB" in California...!!!
    And Strike Six: When I requested a list of three stores in my area where they had already placed cards, Mr. Harris got very disturbed and unpleased, and told me that i was crazy if I thought that for $35k he was going to risk his business by giving me specifics of his clients...???!!!
    I was very close to be taken by these unscrupulous individuals. I have all of this information available if anyone needs it!