GreenZap.com with DebitCard123.com / Fraud

If DebitCard123.com or GreenZap.com sounds familiar in any way and you ever gave Greenzap your account info- change you bank account now!!!

I KNOW these companies are connected in some way. I had a checking account that was mainly used as a savings account as it had a great interest rate. I wrote three checks a year from that account to the same people for the last 10 years, so the account info itself was not out there much to begin with.

The one and only time I ever gave the account info out was to register with GreenZap - back in 2005 or 2006. The more I learned of the company the more it just didn't sound right, so I never used their 'service'. No transactions were authorized, no transactions took place, and I basically forgot about the company until recently.

At the end of 2008, a withdraw of 119.95 showed up on my statement. After getting more info from my bank, it was in the form of a check made payable to DebitCard123.com (memo area said Inquiries call [protected], signature area said 'Authorization on File'). I looked up the website, tried a WhoIs search, and called the number thinking maybe it was a honest mistake and easily fixed... wrong.

The following month another 2 bogus checks were submitted - one for just under 10.00 and another for 129.97. The smaller one cleared, but was able to stop the larger one just because the bank knew something was going on from my previous contact with them and they called me.

Another interesting angle is the same day this account was closed DebitCard123.com tried doing ACH (electronic) transactions. One was for a deposit of .13 and then a withdraw of 1.25. It seems this is common practice for fraud people to see if the account is still open.

Point being, once your information is 'out there', be it with an existing company, one that was sold, one that went bankrupt... whatever - your account info is still there sitting in someones data bank - be it the company itself or a process agent they use.

Both of these companies speak for themselves - claiming to provide international 'service', while hiding their true identity and any reals means of contacting them. Check archive.org or a WhoIs search.

Do yourself a favor and have some peace of mind in the future, if you EVER gave GreenZap your info, or if DebitCard123 has shown up anywhere on you statements, change your account ASAP...

A  12th of Mar, 2009 by
I think this is what just happened to me. I noticed suspicious activity on my checking account, starting 2/20/09--every few days there was a small deposit or withdrawal by "DebitCard123COM" (13 or 15 cents at a time). Fortunately I caught it and closed my accounts before any larger withdrawals were made, but it was a hassle. I never would have made a connection with GreenZap, since it was so long ago since I had last seen the name, but yes, I think that is a real possibility. Thank you for posting this, TK2.
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by
I had the same problem. I noticed a small ach push into my account and a small push in the past month. today i look and 119.95 is gone from my account. I tried to contact the number and alas it goes to voicemail. I also tried debitcard123.c0m website and it starts to load then shuts my browser down
A  17th of Mar, 2009 by
I made the mistake if signing up years ago, and supposedly got my information removed from their records. Then, 20 Feb 09, it started again with little deposits followed by a withdrawal for $119.95 in the last couple of days. The account is closed and they have been informed of such, but just keep at it. Who knows. My state fraud department is interested in this and was wondering if any other states are pursuing class action yet, or if anyone is pursuing class action??
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This just happened to me for 119.85. We should all file a class action suit agains Green Zap. I know I've lost over $500 total to these things.
e-mail me if any willing lawyers want to participate in a law suit.

N  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
What can we do? This is crazy???? They hit me for $119
N  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Seriously, why isn't the state or feds doing anything about this. I added up what has been taken out of my account since 2005 and it is over $600. That is for one person. I just don't understand how these people are still doing this. I wrote on this blog in May 2008 and everyone complains but noone is doing anything. Who can we go to? Can we reach out to the Media. It seems with the Media so eaten up on reporting about the economy that they would be interested in reporting on these people!!! I don't undersand. I am willing and ready to fight but have no clue what to do or who to talk to.
A  1st of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is the second time in a year that someone associated with greenzap has stolen money from me. Previously it was from a company called esafe. which traces back to the blond guy from Chips the old TV show. I was somehow successful in getting my $200 back from that incident. This time however they've taken me for another $119.85. They started with small deposits and withdrawals that I overlooked. 6 cents 11 cents then a 6 cent withdrawal then a 13 cent deposit then a withdrawal for the $119.85. I've changed my banking account and debit card number then I contacted the FTC and local law enforcement. Next step is State and Federal jurisdictions. If you dig a little you'll find that Greenzap was a scam to begin with and was even fined and brought up on charges by the state of Texas and California. This has got to stop. Lets all get together and do something about worthless people like this. Thieves have never done a hard day's work. Its time to stick em in a cell somewhere to get used to being taken advantage of.
A  19th of Jun, 2009 by
same deal, a few years ago signed up for greenzap gold account. never used funds, when signed up they said they will match my 100 cash balance with a 100 greencash ballance. which they did, there was nothing i can use my money on and was never able to complete transactions with cash or greenzap balance. i agree on the class action as well. I was also promised 50 members below me when i signed up. They entered a few, called and questioned it, they told me they were processing them. To this date i have not earned what was promised and they still have my deposit.