GreenTreeData.com / Unauthorized Service

1 OR, United States Review updated:

As I see from someone else, they received a charge on their local telephone bill for $8.43. I called the 800 # listed on my bill and the machine that answered did not identify Green Tree Data and stated a different 800# than what I dialed. After waiting for 2 minutes for an agent they said that my service was activated via their website. I requested immediate cancellation of their service. They said they would cancel the account. I also contacted my local carrier who said I am not liable for this 3rd party charge.

I went to the website for GreenTreeData.com and found it totally useless. I am not sure if this is a scam or not. Beware!

Comments

• Tj
      24th of Nov, 2008

Was charged $9.95 by NWKAG.com for services of some sort on my debit card. Bank is going to have to change it out for new card due to this unauthorized deduction on 11/17/08. Don't appreciate it, & it's costing me money to do this. Besides havin' to call folks about the card change.

• C1
      1st of Mar, 2009

I have recently discovered a similar "crammed" charge from OAN on behalf of Greentreedata on my own telephone bill. Upon further investigation, I find many complaints of this all over the internet, but no one seems to mention any resolution.

I tried to contact OAN/Greentreedata by phone and web, with no luck. All I got was a "mailbox full" message. So I called Verizon. The girl there told me not to pay the bill, that they would take that charge off the bill and issue a new bill. When I got the next bill, it contained a disconnect notice because I didn't pay the previous bill! When I called Verizon this time, the woman insisted they would never tell you not to pay the bill (makes sense in retrospect--they need to fire the woman who told me that). The OAN/Greentreedata charge was still on there. Tried to call again, got the same message. Went online and filled out yet another request for contact from their customer service. Crossing my fingers, but I don't think this is going to help.

Has ANYONE had any success removing these charges?