GreenTree / Scammers!

1 345 St. Peter St.St Paul, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-643-0202

We have been in our trailer since 2000. Our loan originated with Greentree then sold to Conseco and then back to Greentree. I have only had to split my monthly payment up 2-3 times and have never had any problems until recently. I had became pregnant in 2006 to much surprise and had to take some time off because of some problems. Only missed about 1 mo. total of work until had baby in Aug. 2006 and then went back full-time in Oct. 2006. To even more surprise, found out I was pregnant again in April 2007. Started looking for daycare for kids, none available, put on bed-rest middle of November 2007, baby born Dec. 2, 2007, could not return to work because of no daycare. Yes, no daycare, out of 60 available in county no openings for an infant and a toddler (completely different topic.) Called them in December 2007 and asked about possible deferment of payment, no they wouldn't but they would split pmt. into 3 and tack onto next 3 payments after Dec. which was no problem until end of Feb. this year. My husband had to take time-off when I had baby because I had C-section and couldn't even pick-up baby, let alone toddler. Went back to work and ended up getting laid-off intermittently until now (May, works for snowmobile manufacturer). Called them in Feb. and explained could not make pmt., what were my options? Was told to borrow money to get us current for the month $80 or borrow $400 to pay what was left for Jan. and all of Feb. and then they would defer pmts. until June. Well, borrowed money and guess what? No deferment. Took pmt. out for Mar. and I had to have bank return it because of lack of funds( would have been overdraft $200 not inc. bank fees and needed to heat house and buy food for little ones)(yeah, no help from local agencies besides WIC because my husband brought in more that $770/mo., btw, who comes up with those figures?) So, they call me in middle of April and I ask to make pmt to get us current with my rebate check(all $990) and they said no, needed to borrow money from someone. Explained already did that, why was there no deferment? Was told that paperwork was never started and was my fault because I hadn't asked for it. When I called in Feb. and got the borrowed money and made pmt. I asked for deferment and was told the paperwork would be started the following Monday, this was on a Friday. So, anyway my acct. rep. proceeded to tell me that I was yelling at her and that I needed to use my inside voice and to calm down and treated me as though I was a child, I asked to be transferred to her supervisor and she wouldn't and I hung-up. I called back and asked to speak with anyone else but her and was transferred to another person. Spoke with him, got things set-up and then when pmt was supposed to be made, hubby got laid-off and it was waiting week, no money. Called again, got different person. Spoke with him got transferred again to different person. Was told to only talk to last person and guess what? Have 3 different people calling me.

How can they do this to people? It's not like I'm trying to get out of paying my loan. We just hit a rough patch and are trying to work with all of our creditors and Greentree is the only place that won't work with us. My hubby says to let them take the place because he's sick of hassle, but we don;t have anywhere to go and we have 3 kids to take care of. I just don't know what to do.

Va

Comments

• To
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I wish I had known back in 2000 what Greentree was really all about. We used the land we had as our down payment and purchased a modular home ... it came out in pieces ans was placed on a custom foundation that we paid an extra $5000 for. We were told by GREENTREE that our home would be reclassifed as residental realestate as soon as the house hit the foundation...WRONG. We are paying a higher rate of interest because Greentree won't send the proper paperwork into our county assessors office for the reclassification. We also pay twice the amount of property taxes because we are forced to pay taxes on the house and taxes on the acre we put up instead of a cash down. Here's the best part I cant refinance because on the tax our home is listed as a moble home, and other than Greentree very few companies will loan on moble homes. The fact that our house isnt any more mobile than that 1920's bungalo that my neighbors moved in seems to be beside the point. Can this really be legal? Can a mortgage company withhold vital information from the county assessors in order to force homeowners to stay with high interest loans? I wish I could find a straight answer to that one.

23rd of Sep, 2008

I LOST MY HOME ABOUT TWO WEEK AGO AND I WENT TO CREDIT UNION TO GET THE MONEY MITCHELL TOLD KEITH AT THE CREDIT THAT MY LAND WAS SOLD AND I FOUND OUT THAT IT WASN'T I LOST MY HOME OVER 1, 338 AND MITCHELL TOLD THE MAN AT THE CREDIT UNION 7, 280 DOLLARS TO SAVE MY HOME AND HE WAS LETTING ME GET THE MONEY BUT AFTER HE TOLD THAT THE LAND WAS SOLD.HE SAID IT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE IN GETTING THE MONEY MITCHELL IS NOT A NICE PERSON.

• Ka
      18th of May, 2009

Greentree is the worst place I have ever dealt with. They harass you to no end. They don't try to help you, just demand money you don't have.

• Cb
      15th of Jul, 2011

I feel ya! I also bought a mobile home at the time was Conseco and they switched it over to Greentree, to my surprise Conseco was bankrupt and also the finance company GREENTREE after reviewing the contract has differant signatures on the contract, called and asked them about it and the said that is what the mobile home sent them. Since then I have been at 10 years and have never meet a more rude and unprofessional company in my life, in this day & time of uncertain economy they (Greentree) acts as if we (Home Buyers) knew the economy would get this was, just like others they have harrassed me just cause of a payment 15 days late and I explained that was due to death of daughter and they act like they didnt care. I recommend that no one finance thru them, save yourself a headache and a heart attack.