Greentree ServicingCheated and lied

Greentree is a predatory lender. They add fees and interest and add charges to the end of the loan. They harass and threaten and intimate and bully. They are not in any way shape or form a company with integrity. They are not cooperative about given written information and documentation. They will only work with you unless they can cheat you. They call repeatedly even after a payment has been made and another is not due for as much as 20 days. They belittle, twist your words and refuse to listen to reason. They know that they are dealing with people with less power and they take full advantage of them.

Comments

• Pr
      Feb 03, 2011
    Greentree Servicing - Rude service
    Greentree Servicing

I have been behind on my loan several times. I don't dispte the debt. I explained my husband lost his job and we have had a financial setback. Lathan did not care, he lectures and is very hateful. he hangs up on the calls HE makes. If you don't tell him what he wants to hear, he is nasty to you on the phone. He is unwilling to work with me on anything. I have wrote a letter to the company and gotten a response from them that they would talk to Lathan, however, it did not work. He sometime calls me 10 times a day. Look Lathan, if i had it I would pay you, even though you are a mean person. But i don't have it, your money will come when i get it to give you. BACK OFF.

• Ih
      Jan 24, 2012
    Greentree Servicing - Totally Incompetent!!!
    Greentree Servicing

My mortgage was transferred from BoA last summer. Since then it's been one pain-in-the-drain after another! Our mortgage payments are current...we're not one minute behind. Unfortunately, GT continues to amaze me with their total lack of competence. The website incorrectly shows the type of mortgage we have, and recently our statements have begun showing an incorrect direct draft amount. GT just says their programmers are working on it...seriously? Also, they won't do anything without a letter or a fax...ridiculous! They're very rude on the phone, and genuinely seem to want to make it as hard as possible to deal with them. I did not choose GT...I HATE it that I have to deal with such a horrible company. Heaven forbid we should ever need their help!!!

Jan 24, 2012

can't wait til they stop applying your payments altogether and foreclose on you

• Gr
      Feb 23, 2012

They are totally incompetent. For some reason the refuse to pay my taxes even though I pay monthly to my escrow account. I'm absolutely livid.

• Ca
      Mar 17, 2012

My husband is unemployed but diligently seeking employment, I am on disability. Our payment is due on the 1st of the month but not late until the 15th of the month. Last Saturday on the 10th, a representative from Greentree phoned our home at 8:15am & wanted to do a payment over the phone. When my husband explained to her we wouldn't do that until the money is in the account, she said "we play hardball & force people like you out of your home". He told her the last time we did payment before we had the money in our account, they removed the money from our account causing an overdraft which GreenTree of course, is unwilling to pay. They don't have a problem charging us late fees we can't afford though.
    So now we're paying overdraft & late fees. GREAT!
    We have kept every promise in the past & have paid every payment we were behind on. Green Tree phones our home several times a day & when we answer the phone, they hang up wothout saying anything. Very annoying.

• Wj
      Apr 25, 2012

Totally agree with what you are saying. On the website, they show my account as a "home equity' loan which is not. I called and got a different answer about the HE in the account # the next day. The website has "principle" for "principal". And, for just laughs I called and asked if they did not know the difference in the two. The lady got really ugly and said what difference does it make. I said it makes a whole lot, it shows you all do not what you doing. I have been waiting for copies of particular documents for two months now. At first, they were in the mail. Then, JWH hadn't sent them over. And, now the standard answer is your request is being processed. What if we paid our mortgage as inefficiently as they run their offices.

• Ph
      Jun 09, 2013

I was dealing with bank of America and had worked out a split payment . Green tree took over and before my monthly payment was due they Called and not one time I am not exaggerating I had 4 calls to my work 8 calls to my house . even after I called them hung up with them they called right back and even made the comment they will keep calling until they get full payment . I explained that after my bankruptcy. I had worked this out with bank of America so I can try to keep my house . They flat out said they could care less and bankruptcy means nothing to them . For eight months they called un relentlessly each month until the whole bill was paid. They called my work 4 to 5 times a day. they called my family members and the last couple months when my boss was threatening to let me go if i could not get the calls stopped. They called my neighbors YES MY NEIGHBORS AND TOLD THEM I WAS BEHIND ON MY MORTGAGE AND NEED TO CONTACT THEM> . I tried to talk to lawyers but they wanted to much money to take this on. If there is ever a class action law suit against these #@!$#$%%^^& IM all in. They almost cost me my job, theymade my neighbors think I was a freeloader and all my fellow workers thought they had to pitch in to work on something to save my house. OH YES THEY EVEN CALLED MY WIFES JOB SEVERAL TIMES A DAY AND ALMOST COST HER . HER JOB> That would be great both of us out of work so we cant even try to keep the house that we got screwed with on a second mortgage . I still live here but if anything happens were we fall on some hard ship for awhile they will cut their dogs loose.

• Ha
      Jul 04, 2013

all I have to say its a bad business to deal with .anybody from anywhere . please please don't deal with green tree.they will worry you six feet under. also will put out all your business. to people they contact lookin for you. I think that's not right. 2 weeks ago I was at work .and they couldnot get a hold of me so they call my neice house and told her that if I don't send in A PAYMENT that they will come and put a padlock on my home.which they coulded waitded until I get home . something have to be done about them demon people. I believe they are working with satan and his family. because they dot some bad attuide.

• Ti
      Sep 12, 2013

Battling Green Tree solo is not an easy task. They have started to buy alot of second mortgage debt and collect aggressively. It certainly sounds like they violated the FDCPA on your case...calling work repeatedly, your neighbors, ect. You can definitely use that as leverage when negotiating terms. You need to file the necessary Federal and State level complaints in order to force Green Tree to cooperate. Feel free to call my office at 877.297.7011 for more info or visit www.Fresh-Start.co

• Ti
      Mar 11, 2015

I agree with you completely. They just bought out my mortgage. I've been paying on my home for 118 years never been late or missed a payment. Four other companies have acquired my mortgage over the years and i have never had any problems. I usually have one payment at the first of every year to adjust escrow, probably $15 or $20 . They just raised my payment about $30 a month for 12 months..They claim to have done an escrow analysis since taking over mortgage. There is no way my escrow could have gotten that low. . They are very rude, unprofessional, and incompetent. They are not a member of BBB and have received over thousands of complaints to BBB and Consumer
    Affairs