GreenTree / holding check

green tree
po box 6172
Rapid City
Phone: 1-800-643-0202
On the 24 Febuary 2009 I sent green tree a check for final payoff.
On the 9 march I checked the webb site to find out if any action had been taken and to my surprise none.
I called the company aprroximately 6 pm on the 9th. Their service representative STEVE said that they received the payment on the 6th.
I requested too talk too the supervisor because he became really obnoxious. He refused to get the supervisor, I hung up and called again and spoke too Crystal. Crystal told me the same thing, that the check was received on the 6th. I find this very strange even though the mail service is sloww it's not that slow. When I asked why it was so slow to be posted her answer was that payoffs went to another address, which it is.
My complaint is that it appears that Green Tree is sitting on the payoff checks to receive more interest money from thier customers.
Greeen Tree stated that I owed another 97 cents but they would write this amount off. If they had posted the check in a timely manner then it would never have been an issue.

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
another banking company trying to rip off the little people for all they can
N  31st of Mar, 2009 by
I've had a mortgage thru Greentree for nine years with only one year left on loan. The first loan was actually started thru Greenpoint then Greentree bought it. I had no trouble at all with Greenpoint but since Greentree has had my loan it has been nothing short of harrasment. I got behind on a payment last month and they started calling me this past weekend. Not only was they calling over the weekend but they was calling as late as 10:oop.m. @ night. I finally got off work yesterday morning after working a 48 hour shift and called them back. The first person I talked to was named Kim and she was a ###. I told her I had mailed a payment out on Saturday and she said that was unexceptable. I proceeded to talk to 5 different people who made fun of me called me names and told me I was stupid. Throughout all this each one of them hung up on me each time, now keep in mind I had sent off my payment. After about 2 hours of this with several people I asked for the pay off on the loan and told them that I was going to pay the loan off so I would'nt be bothered with these stupid people anymore . They refused to give me the payoff on this loan. I spent the next hour talking to 2 more people about getting the payoff on this loan and each of them hung up on me and refused to give me the payoff. I had to go at the end of the day and have my lawyer call them and he spent all day today on the phone with these same people. I never did get the information I asked for and they refused to talk to me anymore. So I guess with Greentree people are not allowed to pay their loans off in full. D oes anyone on here who have had complaints with Greentree know how to talk to someone higher in offfice about the way these people are treating thier customers. I am going to call the BBB because of the way they treated me and their refusal to give me my payoff. I would also like to meet the person who trained these people to be so rude .
A  19th of Apr, 2009 by
I completely agree, GreenTree is gouging people. My loan was originally through Bank of America and then last year it was sold to or bought by GreenTree, and thats when the trouble began. Never behind on a payment, paid extra to principle with Bank of America, even if it was $10 more sent, was posted to principle. GreenTree told me I have approximately $300 in a "suspend" account. When asked why it wasn't posted to account, they told me they post from the 'suspend' account to my account on the payment date. To pay more to principle, I have to send twice the payment amount more than 3o days from the next payment due date, which is impossible since I get a monthly bill for the minimum amount, even though they are sitting on my money in this 'suspend' account. Told I dont have to send a payment for next month, like I am gonna fall for that and have these crooks ruin my credit. Complete ripoff. Looking into refinance options to get away from GreenTree, so I can someday pay off my loan, since I can and do pay more than due every month. Stay away from GreenTree..they are theives!!!
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by
My experience is very much like everyone else's. My husband and I bought our home in 2000, and it was originally financed through Greenpoint. We had no problems with Greenpoint at all, and the GreenTree took over. Nomatter when we made a payment, it was never on time and it was never enough. We get harrassing phone calls several times a day. They even call my in-laws and tell them that if we don't send a payment immediately they are going to foreclose on our home. It is a constant headache with these people. We were looking into refinancing, and when we called Greentree to ask what our pay off is, no one would tell us. After going rounds with different people, we finally got a figure and the amount was 10, 000 more than what we originally financed. We have asked on numerous occassions for detailed reports of our payment history, and have never received anything. There was one time that my husband and I spoke to a "supervisor" that was completely unreasonable. We were given a deadline to come up with 2 months of late payments, and we told them we would have the money, but they wouldn't leave us alone because they wanted a post dated check from one of our family members for the amount. When we told him that we did not find that necessary and they would have their money by the agreed date, he started treating us like we were ###. He made derogatory comments about my husband while on the phone with me. He laughed at me when I told him that I was not stupid and that I had a college education with post-graduate work, and the list goes on. I don't know how this company has survived this far without someone blowing up their headquarters. We are currently working on getting away from Greetree, even if it means losing our home. It's just not worth it!
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I just returned from the Texas Consumer Credit Commissioner's office. They told me to fill out complaint forms against Greentree with them and the Federal Trade Commission. They told me to tweet, twit, bleep and blog every way possible to let people know what is going on. The phone number for the Texas office is 512-936-7600 or 1 800-538-1579. The Federal Trade Commission phone number is 1-877-382-4357. FTC web site is www.FTC.gov. There is a site that MSNBC has that accepts complaints. Let's all hit it and see what happens. Each state has their own credit commissioner. The paper is only 1 page. Write a cover letter to send with the complaint to explain. Make some noise people. I AM!!! If your issue also contains problems with CIT, which mine are, their phone number is 1-800-621-1433. and they are out of bankruptcy now so they can collect our money without having to pay their creditors. The mailing address for the FTC is: FTC, 240 600 Pennsvlvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20580. My loan was ready to go to closing and Green Tree refuses to bring lien paper with state of Texas current thereby not allowing any paper work to proceed. It is stymeed right there according to the Exe Director of the Texas Manufactured Housing. The BBB has these people listed as A+. Let us fix this for them.
A  12th of Aug, 2010 by
I am having problem with greentree also. I have been with this company and all the end and outs for 13 years. I use to have insurance through farmers Ins until the made me carry insurance threw there service provider. I did so and after 5 years I just had to make a claim. took 6 weeks to get a check and now before I cash it, I have to sign the check over to greentree and there only giving me 1/2 the check back to fix my water damaged floor. this is a scam cause there pocketing the money for there self... I also still owe 31, 000 on the home when I paid 37, 000 13 years ago. I wish I knew no back then. I would not go threw this mess. Greentree is a fraud a
A  14th of Sep, 2010 by
Green Tree; HORRIBLE!!!
Collections dept. Mark Temporado and Laura Ponzin and Juaquin and Natalie are all insulting and rude and name callers and are abusing the debt collection laws making misrpresentations and extortion tactics. Keith Anderson is the President and he does not respond to complaints. Please file a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission and your state's Attorney General. Also contact the lender they are servicing for and Fannie Mae if applicable.
N  9th of Jan, 2011 by

GreenTree - Rude liars

I want to start out with asking anyone would they like to come in with me and form a group and file a lawsuit against Greentree? I am over a very large group of people around the nation that are fighting the oil and gas companies, the way they do business, and I sure don't mind taking on Greentree.

I am not an attorney, just an average person who is sick and tired of big business' and corporations who treat people like they are beneath them and are lower than dirt. Who do they think they are?
A  1st of Apr, 2011 by
I have major issues with GreenTree. Checked my loan - the way it was written, it was not under Frannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Had trouble since day one with them, 14 yrs later now unemployed. No way to get help.

The will not put anything in writing, verbally tells me that because they went from Greentree to conseco then back to greentree none of the terms I signed with my original mortgage are valid. Blocked every attempt at selling, short-sale, assuming, renting, re-fi. They just keep verbally calling and saying I must keep and pay the mortgage for the full 30 years, they do not accept payments from 3rd parties, and if I do not live there - I am in default. There are no jobs in my area, and I must move. What do I do? I don't want to ruin my credit by walking away. I have several neighbors that did just that because they did not want to deal with Greentree and they had jobs - just sick of the way they were being treated.
N  14th of Jun, 2011 by

GreenTree - Bad service

I have not received a statement from Greentree in over a year, I cant get anyone to tell me what my pay off is, or anything. I tried for a bill consolidation loan and GreenTree stop it, as soon as they found out about it, they jacked me pay off up to 2000 dollars over the amount I could borrow...I hate them, and the biggest thing is that I didn't even take out a loan with them. The company that I did take my original loan out with went bankrupt and GreenTree bought my loan I HATE THEM
N  21st of Mar, 2013 by
my sister, who had a mortgage with GMAC for a long time with no problems, just had her mortgage turned over to greentree, this was due to the fact that GMAC went bankrupt, my sister never had any late payments, she always paid on time, now that greentree took over they fouled all her paperwork an caused her to be late for the first time, they then said because of one late payment which was greentree's fault not my sister's fault, my sister now has to pay the entire balance which is over 75 thousand dollars, greentree is not a reputable company
N  3rd of May, 2013 by

San Antonio

I aree with u all. We need to do something. I need help i don't really know where to start. I was doing so research about mortgage frauding. It was stated that the 1st thing you would need to do is contact the state attorney general's office at oag.State.Tx.Us. We're under greentree also. We deal with the reps in san antonio, tx. And they're very rude and nasty. They don't know how to talk to you. On our statement it's all wrong. The balance is wrong, they late fees which are not true. I'm trying so hard to keep our home. My husband is disable, i've tried several time to get a mod. But it never happens. I've faxed paperwork several times but it always get lost. Please contact me at slampkin@awesomenet.Net attn greentree. May the lord continue to bless us and our our strengh up to fight these demons. I'll me waiting for anyone email!!!
N  3rd of May, 2013 by
N  20th of Aug, 2013 by
I am now having the same problems with GreenTree. I sent the payoff balance last month and they said it was sent to a different address and they suspended the funds. Still a month later they are dragging their feet. I finally told them that I am contacting the FTC and the BBB if its not resolved within the next week. Waiting to see what happens now. And will never have nothing to do with these crooks again!!!
A  9th of May, 2014 by
I HAD a 2nd with Green Tree, they have been nothing but harassers and CROOKS.
On 5/7/14 I closed a refinance loan with Wells Fargo to be rid of this company. If you know how escrow closing works, you know the balance due is calculated to the last day and funds transferred (electronically, not by sending a check in the mail) to the lender. NORMALLY the lender applies the funds ASAP, NOT Green Tree. I checked today 5/9/14 to make sure the loan was closed and an auto payment would not come out on the 12th. (Unfortunately I was too late in a stop payment) Guess what... When I talked to a "customer service" rep, they said, they have not received the funds... ###. What they are trying to do, is take their time in applying the funds so they can charge me extra interest and not get the loan closed out; because there will be money due. I have bought and sold and refinanced many homes through the years and have never encounter such a bunch of crooks. My advice to anyone with a loan or whatever from them is to GET OUT, ASAP. I did not choose Green Tree, BOA screwed me by sending my loan to them. And if you think they are there to handle dead beats, doesn't matter; my score is in the high 800's.
N  10th of Oct, 2014 by
My loan was also sold to GT from BOA. I have been with BOA for 7 years and have had no real issues with them. Ever since GT has taken over my loan it has been one thing after another. I went thru a layoff with my job and was in a tight situation for roughly 3 months. I did what I could to keep the bills paid. GT acted as if they were willing to help me thru this so they did a modification and raised my mortgage from $1, 100 to $1, 200 a month. I was back to work by this time so I didn't really mind as long as I wasn't gonna lose my farm. Well I paid the $1, 200 without a hitch for about 4 or 5 months and then I received a check in the amount of $1, 200 from GT. I wasn't sure why so I tried calling them. They returned my call the next day stating that a paper from the modification was turned in too late so it was being denied. So my question to her was so what do I do now. She is wanting me to deed it to them in lue of foreclosure. I was like hell no I'm not giving up my farm. She said they have no other choice but to start the foreclosure process. I was at a lose of words, completely devastated. Now that I have a new job and have had that layoff that made me fall behind I can't see another bank that would be willing to refinance me. I'm in total shock of all this. I completely feel like they have the power to do whatever they want no matter what. I have put so much money in this property and now they can come take it from me. The price of land is very high in my county due to the gas rights, I have a funny feeling that they had this planned all along. They could get rid of me and turn around and sell it for probably double. I can't see how they are able to continue to do this to people and get away from it.
A  10th of Nov, 2014 by
Hello Dan, DavisD, and other violated Green Tree customers;

While I am sorry for the abuse that you ALL have suffered at the hands of Green Tree Servicing, it is not surprising as we have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with Green Tree on a daily basis for our clients that have experienced the same or similar current or delinquent mortgage servicing abuses that you have stated in your valid complaints to include CFPB violations for payments not being promptly and properly credited, restricted dual-tracking, fair review process, no runarounds, notification of foreclosure alternatives, refusal to provide payoffs and most importantly; unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices (UDAAP). Can I say that there are multiple consumer rights (and constitutional rights) violations under Federal law that I found in all of your complaints and I am on a mission to educate consumers on their consumer and constitutional rights.

I routinely look for posts to answer in hopes that it will not only bring optimism to those homeowners and borrowers in distress but also some basic information to assist in fighting the banks that are "too big to fail" but yet don't appreciate the bailout that we provided in their time of need. The debt collectors like SPS, SLS, Green Tree, Ocwen and Nationstar are simply just piranhas but they can be beat at their own game too just like the big banks can be defeated. You CAN win this fight!!!

It pains me that you all (including Don and DavidD) have fallen victim to the illegal, unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices of Green Tree, but I also commend you for seeking help; too often homeowners do not fight for their consumer and constitutional rights. Green Tree, like may of the large mortgage servicers, are under greater and heightened scrutiny now per the reported wrongdoing this year and in the past so this is an excellent time to assert your consumer and constitutional rights!

With that said, you have overlooked a key aspect to your fight, which is putting your valid objections and servicing abuses in writing in the form of a proper QWR and attaching proof your consumer and Constitutional rights; they have certainly been violated in this case as I see it. All of the mortgage lending and debt collection companies, including Green Tree Servicing, MUST answer your Qualified Written Requests (QWR) and if they refuse to then you take your fight to all the regulatory agencies outside of Green Tree that assist in fighting for your rights like the CFPB; it’s a shame that these more than profitable and previously bailed-out companies engage in this type of consumer abuse.

We would be more than happy to educate you as to how to fight for your rights. My firm routinely seeks out complaints online so that we can educate as to how to fight back on our weekday show called "The Daily Complaint” where we review a complaint and how to tackle it successfully.

We reviewed your complaint on the show if you would like to listen, visit www.TheDailyComplaint.com

You can learn more by visiting the CFPB's website and becoming educating about the rights afforded you under the FDCPA, Dodd-Frank and RESPA via the CFPB. Let me point out that Green Tree has violated your rights under the CFPB's new mortgage servicing rules as afforded you via the Dodd-Frank Act. Here is a link to the new rules: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-rules-establish-strong-protections-for-homeowners-facing-foreclosure/

In the event you have further questions, you can contact me via email at Dana@ConsultingEND.com or via the website at www.ConsultingEND.com or via phone (my full contact information is below) as I would be more than happy to contact Green Tree on your behalf or with you to determine the status of your loan as well as what options exist for you as a borrower/homeowner!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's END

Dana Shafman
Managing Member
END Consulting
(888) 234-7006 Ext 101
N  8th of Jan, 2017 by
@Dana Shafman CFPB does absolutely nothing for the homeowners except give false hope. They will not save homes all they do is forward complaints we make to lender lender responds then... nothing happens.
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It's such a shame Timothy McVeigh blew up the Federal Building years ago and killed all those innocent people. If he did the same to Green tree Mortgage his efforts would be applauded. Especially by me. I have been harassed and threatened to know end. I even changed my phone number twice to attempt to stop this. Now when I pay by calling them I am a nasty son of a ### and curse them as they desperately need to be. I have a nasty hateful attitude before I call. That way I am already prepared for their B.S. It's always a different piece of human feces. I am actually starting to enjoy treating them as they do myself.
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

GreenTree - Bad service

We finally managed to pay GreenTree to stop foreclosure...The courts dismissed the case.
We started making our payments...as they were.
Today we where threatened by Tamika ( a rep) that they were sending our payments back because they weren't two times (2x) more than we had agreed on.
No papers have been sent to this agreement, only Tamika telling us payment would be sent back. Although, yesterday my husband spoke to an intelligent agent saying we needed to pay the insurance...okay.
This Tamika has badgered us, threatened us. Their attorney's don't return calls.
Maybe as a collective of people we have such damning reports should consider a class action suit. Call the BBB in your area, talk to an attorney to stop these "people" from taking more and more money out of our pockets and keep people like Tamika from calling with an attitude of hostile intent and threating nature!
N  8th of Jan, 2017 by