Greentree data / Greentree Data

1 unknownunknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-9266435

Greentree Data slammed my AT&T phone account with $8.43 plus tax charge for a service I did NOT request. I called them and said I didn't request it and they said I signed up online which I NEVER did. I told them to remove their service. Remove their charge and refund it asap. I then called AT&T and filed a complaint with them about Greentree.

At&T said they get complaints all the time and they would remove the service but they have to get a refund from Greentree in order to refund to the customer. Apparently, this is a lengthy process in which Greentree continues billing. You either have to call in each time and dispute the charge or pay it or not pay it and then late fees start piling up.

I'm going to file a complaint with State of Texas also.

Comments

• Er
      25th of Oct, 2008

they signed me up for an 800 phone number that I did not authorize

10th of Nov, 2008

I understand why AT$T can not refund the money, but they should be able to prevent ANYONE from charging to our account without our authorization. I'm wondering if there might be legal action against AT$T for leaving our accounts open to unauthorized access. I am dropping AT$T as my IP and reducing my account to the bare minimum. A company of this magnitude should be held accountable for the lack of security.

• Cm
      21st of Nov, 2008

I also was charged by Greentree for services not ordered. I demanded an immediate credit from Greentree and got a confirmation no. from them which I passed onto ATT. ATT said my account would be credited. This is a scam. Keep demanding credit from Greentree and ATT. These companies hope you won't notice the small charges or do anything about them.

• Ti
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I just got off the phone with AT&T and they told me the same thing, question is I'm trying to find Greentree Data Inc. phone number and haven't had any luck yet.
    I never heard of Greentree Data Inc. before and never agreed to these charges and don't believe AT&T should let anything like this happen, I'm sure their in on this as well and are making a dime or two out of this.
    With as busy as most people are these days I'm sure their raking in the money!

• Ro
      12th of Dec, 2008
    Greentree data - illegal charges
    Greentree Data
    Phoenix
    Arizona

I was charged $8.23 on my Qwest Bill this month I did not order this service and am not paying for IT!!

• Te
      22nd of Apr, 2009
    Greentree data - unauthorized service
    Greentree Data
    Springfield
    Oregon

My phone service is not suppose to allow any third party authorization of additional services. Somehow I was signed up for a voicemail account that I don't want or need. I closed the account two(2) days after it was begun. I then tried to contact this company by phone and by mail, their employee gave me the wrong mailing address. I am still being billed for set up fees and would like to know how to make it stop.

• Gr
      5th of Jun, 2009

These shysters billed me through Qwest for VoiceMail I never ordered.

I have complained to all - so we'll see if these a**holes cancel or keep billing.

• Mi
      11th of Jun, 2009
    Greentree data - adding a fee to qwest phone bill
    ESBI
    2216 7th ave. # B-302
    Pueblo
    Colorado
    Beavermw@comcast.net

I cancelled my qwest phone account over 2 months ago and continue to be billed from a company called Greentree Data I never signed up for any voice mail services for my home phone and I feel it is fraud and stealing from people to add a charge on top of your monthly phone bill with out permission . I see from this site that this company has scammed many others beside me and the only reason I noticed it was that I keep receiving a bill from qwest months after I cancelled my phone service . How many millions of dollars this company has scammed from people over the years . its unheard of to charge people for services they didnt order and dont want . M. B.

28th of Feb, 2010

Same exact thing happened to me. But it wasn't just Greentree Data Inc. but also some group called Email Discounts LLC. that both showed up on my ATT bill. I called the phone company and they agreed to refund my money. Now that I've found via google that others have had this problem I intend to call ATT fraud division and make a stronger report. Absolutely ATT has a responsiblity to prevent third parties from using their billing system for fraud. As it stands ATT only refunds money to people who call to complain and everybody else who doesn't notice the charge are being bilked out of their money.