GreenPoint Mortgage / Unfair fees and deceptive practices
GreenPoint Mortgage (owned by Capital One) is not taking new mortgages, and so it has shifted to try to assess maximum fees on existing customers to generate as much profit as they can. I paid on time every time for 2 years, and wanted to payback early since I found a better rate elsewhere (and because GreenPoint customer service was horrible whenever I was forced to call to ensure they processed a payment). I have a no pre-payment penalty clause in my mortgage... Guess what? They assessed a $2500 "admin fee." When I called to investigate, the customer service reps were abrasive, and basically told me to deal with it or they are under no obligation to process my paperwork. They also told me one complaint from one customer doesn't really matter. Here's customer service for you...
My advice to anyone out there, complain to Capital One, which is the parent company which is cashing in on the GreenPoint practices.
More GreenPoint Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- GreenPoint Mortgage - PREDATORY LENDING 
- GreenPoint Mortgage - Funds transfer fiasco; Pemco & Countrywide Home loans. 
- GreenPoint Mortgage - Unfair mortgage loan payments 
- GreenPoint Mortgage - 2nd mortgage 
- GreenPoint Mortgage - FALSE Forclosure report on my credit report 
- GreenPoint Mortgage - Poor Business Practices 
- GreenPoint Mortgage - Failure to report refi charges I paid to the IRS