GreenPoint Mortgage / Unfair fees and deceptive practices

1 Customer Service, P.O. Box 84013, Columbus, GA 31908-4013Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-784-5566

GreenPoint Mortgage (owned by Capital One) is not taking new mortgages, and so it has shifted to try to assess maximum fees on existing customers to generate as much profit as they can. I paid on time every time for 2 years, and wanted to payback early since I found a better rate elsewhere (and because GreenPoint customer service was horrible whenever I was forced to call to ensure they processed a payment). I have a no pre-payment penalty clause in my mortgage... Guess what? They assessed a $2500 "admin fee." When I called to investigate, the customer service reps were abrasive, and basically told me to deal with it or they are under no obligation to process my paperwork. They also told me one complaint from one customer doesn't really matter. Here's customer service for you...

My advice to anyone out there, complain to Capital One, which is the parent company which is cashing in on the GreenPoint practices.

Hu

Comments

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

30th of Nov, 2008

We keep hearing these Lenders will work with you, in my dealing Greenpoint, BullSh-t.