Greenpark Lending Firm / Greenpark Lending Firm is a scam

1 114-142 North RdSudbury, MA, United States Review updated:

This company is a total scam and they prey on those who are financially challenged and strapped for cash. In any normal circumstances one would question it but when you are financially strapped and you're desperate you're not thinking straight. And this is how their scam works: I got a call from a Julia Chambers from Greenpark Lending saying that my loan application was approved for $5, 000 with an interest rate of 8.50% and that they need me to sign the loan papers they faxed over along with a copy of my driver's license and in order to show good faith to the lender they require 5 months of advanced payment which will be applied towards the loan and the first payment would not be due until 5 months later. The money must be wired via MoneyGram to the broker in Canada which they claim they will reimburse you any fees for the MoneyGram. They get their money and they release the funds to your account within 24 hours. 24 hours goes by and funds never got released but instead I got a call from a Bruno Capello who claimed that Julia "misrepresented" the terms of the loan and was fired and he apologized. What they actually needed was 10 months advance payment and to fix that they increased the loan to $7, 000 and the first payment will not be due until 10 months later and upon wiring directly to the "private" lender who's also in Canada the funds would be released within 3 hours. 3 hours goes by you call Bruno Capello and he does not answer so you get patched to his "supervisor" Stanley Higgins who apologizes and says that the funds were not released because there was an insurance fee of $1, 000 that was not paid. I told him nothing in the contract states that and I was never told such a thing. He said he didn't have time to explain and would issue refund money by certified check sent regular mail and that Bruno has left for the day. Direct deposit was not an option for the refund. Funny thing was I called back after I spoke to Stanley and Bruno answered but once he heard who I was and I started to confront him, he hung up on me over and over again. Finally I called Stanley the next day and asked why he lied and he said I was never suppose to have call Bruno back and that I should have dealt with him directly. He was unable to provide any type of evidence or tracking information on the refund and he cursed and used all kinds of foul languages, calling me stupid and dropped the F word all over and then hung up. Amazingly he told me that the refund check was already sent out and he knew that without asking who he was talking to! And even more amazingly is that Julia Chambers who was supposedly fired answered the phone when I called back and hung up on me. I've filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau. I wanted to warn anyone who has come in contact with these crooks to report them and DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SCAM!

Va

Comments

• Va
      8th of Apr, 2008

wow! yeah i go a call from green park lending and they said my business loan for 30, 000 was approved from a bruno capello (prob a fake name). i called them back to see the terms and have not received a call back in 5 days. Luckily i had the sense to check them out on google...so i could see the status of my loan and noyhing but the same story over and over again. this breaks my heart that they are STEALING from the poor and desperate. No Robin Hood Company i can see here. Well no money for them, i guess they didnt want it that bad. I cant believe these people can live with themselves...they will get caught eventually...they always do in a matter of time. I really wanted that business loan but i will just have to continue trying to increase my fico score. bye-bye business dreams for a while. I wont be calling them back!!!

• Da
      11th of Apr, 2008

Yah these guys/girls/losers/dirtbags are going down one way or another. Bad karma will follow u thats for sure. Good luck to the "employees" of Greenpark, they will need it. When there caught, and they will be, I hope they enjoy the accomodations.
    Personally, they deserve the max, unfortunately, bleeding hearts won't give it to em but they deserve every and any punishment, and then some. They are going d o w n.

• Ra
      13th of Apr, 2008

Yea, these guys got me too. I hope that they pay big time. The funny thing to me is that I called them the other day and the guy told me that the lender just sent them confirmation that I should receive my check by Wednesday of this week. We'll see about that. When I asked him to fax me documentation of this confirmation he hung up on me. When I called back again he said that if I continued to call them they would deduct $100 from the check and then hung up on me. Funny. Then I called back and he told me that that was going to cost $100 and if I continued to call they would call authorities and get me for harassment. Go ahead goobers, call the authorities. I just want my money. The sad thing is is that I've spoken to at least 2 different guys who have both told me that they have kids. What a shame that they are doing this to their families because they will get what's coming to them and their families will suffer because of their greed.

14th of Apr, 2008

I have also been taken by these dirtbags. I got the same story but I didn't send them anymore money. In fact I am trying to call them right now but it goes straight to voicemail for "Julia Chambers" and "customer service". I tried finding something on line about these people before sending any money but all the documents looked legite so I didn't see any reason why I should worry about it. Why can't people just work for a living like other people do, why do they always have to take advantage of other people. Now I don't know who to trust anymore. I how these people get what is coming to them.

• Gi
      18th of Apr, 2008

I am really glad that I found this. I got a call from Julia Chambers who told me that I was approved for a $5, 000 dollar loan and that she was going to fax me the paper work and that I needed to make a pre-payment. However they never told me where to send it and when I called the customer service number that was provided I keep getting a recording that says the office account has been temporarily placed on hold and to contact customer service. It seemed very strange that I was told to contact customer service about the problem but it was the customer service number that wasn't working. I was going to fax them the paperwork with my checking account information. I am glad that I didn't but I will be reporting them.

• Wi
      20th of Apr, 2008

I to was taken by greenpark lending. It is a shame that you can't trust anyone anymore. These people will pay for what they have done to me and my family-because I will keep pursuing this until they are caught.

• Su
      24th of Apr, 2008

They appear to be operating now as "borrow4tomorrow". Same scam, Moneygram to secure loan and guess whos phone is now out of order. Notified BBB, FBI, etc. Not feeling too hopeful about the outcome but at least others can be warned.

• To
      16th of May, 2008

they tried to get me under a company name Welland Park Investment Group. They faxed me some loan docs (probably phoney), and wanted me to send them $885.00 to secure a $5, 000. loan. I didn't have the money at the time (Thank God). When I did have it, I tried to call, and the number 888-323-0882 did not work. On the fax that I was sent, had "Borrow4tomorrow at the top. I goggled that site, and found all of these compliants.
    It's so sad that this company get's hopes up, then dash them against a stone. I'll pray for all of those that lost money to somehow get there money back. Looks like my it was good I didn't have the money at the time I was contacted!!

• Ne
      21st of May, 2008

I was also a victim of this scam. In my case, Stanley Higgins played the rep who had been reprimanded for mis-representing the company and Bruno played the supervisor. I was asked to send my money to a Ron Copeland in Canada. Stanley even stayed on the phone with me as to make sure that I had no problem with the procedure when it was time to send the money via money gram. I actually believe that Stanley and Bruce was the same person just answering by different names.When I called back demanding my refund be sent back to me as quickly as they received it, I was told that the money was coming from Canada. Each time that I called about my refund the number of days that I was told that I would receive it got longer and longer. There are actually several companies linked in with company. After this loan defaulted I called another number for a different company who said that they were not affiliated with Greenpark. However a few weeks later when I called, their number along with Greenpark were out of service. I even called a series of numbers randomly within the sequence of 800 numbers. They were all disconnected. Desperate times do call for desperate measures, however I learned a lesson from this that I am likely to never forget.

• Wf
      17th of Jul, 2008

Do not let these losers get away. We have to band together if anything is to be done. They've victimized enough people and I agree karma will get them in the end even if the law doesn't. In the meantime we have to put pressure on the authorities to take this seriously and do something about it. If you have been scammed by these losers please got the the FBI Taskforce at the website below and report it! These scums deserve to rot in hell for what they are doing and should not even be allowed to populate this earth.

www.ic3.gov

22nd of Feb, 2009

These guys are on to their next scam...I get my elderly grandma's mail delivered to my house and she received a letter from "Publishers Clearing House." The very poorly written letter (which was addressed to my grandfather, who has been dead for nearly 15 years) stated that he won second prize, $1, 000, 000!! Holy cow! They even included a check to cover any "outstanding fees." These idiots sent a check with a northern California tile company listed as the account holder. Knowing this was obviously a poorly constructed scam, I googled the number listed on the letter (888-323-0882) and got this site. These people, and others like them, are a discusting and awful disease on any society.