Greendot.com / non manageable accounting

1 ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18774343578

This stupid greendot crap is unbelievable. After purchasing a reloadable greendot visa and faxing all my personal info I never received my card. Then purchased a moneypak and went to load it an error pops up and tells me I will be getting a refund. Called the 1 800 number and they were extremely rude! I better get my refund within the 7-10 business days as they promised or I will make sure they lose a lot of customers. Warning!!! Do not purchase a greendot card!!! They will just screw up your money and your account not to mention half the merchants dont accept them!!! Thanks for reading my complaint.

Sincerely
Pissed off in boise idaho

Tr

Comments

11th of May, 2009

Same thing happend to me just now. I bought a Greendot prepaid VISA card and put $100 on it. Got home, tried to activate it online so I could make a couple online purchases. After putting in all my info, I get a screen that says I already have too many cards issued to me and I will be sent a refund. I only have 1 other Greendot card and it's a Mastercard which I don't use anymore.
    I call customer service and get a foreigner. I ask to speak to someone else. The second person tells me that my SS# could not be verified. I said thats crazy I know my SS# by heart. They said that they USE A 3rd PARTY VERIFIER. I said I better get my refund. and hung up.
    Now my $100 is gonna be held hostage for who knows how long !!!

• Ni
      11th of May, 2009

Idaho, I've had Greendot visa AND mastercards for three years now and have NEVER had a merchant decline to take them!

Magicman, I have no idea why they would be claiming you have too many cards issued to you if you only have the one mastercard but if you never cancelled the mastercard and just stopped using it, you probably have accrued fees. It states is the TOS that there will be a $4.95 per month service fee. If you owe fees, that's probably where the problem lies.

As to Greendot using a 3rd party verifier, yeah they do. So do banks, anyone issueing credit of any kind (credit card, store shopping card, even your check-cashing card at the local grocery store) as well as many utilities companies.

Just makes your day knowing that, doesn't it?

22nd of May, 2009

Update.
    I just got my refund check in the amount promised, $109.95. I logged in to check the card I already have. The amount of fees incurred is $7.21. So I don't think they would have declined to let me activate another card because I had a huge fee outstanding.

The supervisor told me on the phone last time that my SS# did not pass validation. So I'm inclined to believe they do some sort of secret credit check.
    What I'm going to do now is reload the card I have and hoping it takes so I can place my online orders I wanted to do last week. What A pain in the dick. I could have had my orders delivered and in use by now.

• Tm
      24th of May, 2009

get rid of the card it's probably some a.. h... sitting in front of a monitor laughing as his money rolls in greendot in a complete and total joke, what goes around comes around

• Me
      27th of May, 2009

Who do you call about a problem with your greendotshopping credit card?????? I need a live person.

• Tm
      27th of May, 2009

i found it impossible to get a live person, it's a computer black hole where are money goes!

• Ni
      30th of May, 2009

If you want a live person, press whatever number it is to "report card stolen". That's info they take in person, not by mail or computer.

Never had a problem getting hold of a live person in this manner.

• Md
      22nd of Jul, 2009

can't register card because it says card isnt validate and can't talk to live person uuuuuugggghhhhhhhhh

• Md
      22nd of Jul, 2009

helpgreendot stinks

• Ka
      26th of Jul, 2009

i read all these bad reviews and didn't activate my card, so i took the full refund option. if my money doesn't come in 7-10 business days, i'm gonna be really pissed. i paid 100 bucks for that piece of crap.

• Ag
      25th of Aug, 2009

I have had my greendot visa three years now and have never had a problem with it. I have never been refused by a merchant except to rent a car but that was because the rental car company did not except which they explained but I pay for hotels and gas and other merchants never a problem. I found that usually the way you approach people is the way they return attitude if you do have a problem and also read the terms of the agreement. Some times its the person loading the car or company. I always use Walmart .