Greendot Grant Program / not an official check

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I received the check in the mail also, I actually took the check to US Bank and asked them if it could be cashed because I wasn't about to take it to my bank. I got caught up in another one of those scams before. Hopwever, US Bank said that they could not pull up the account number for the check. I took it to a place where they do money grams, because it also says at the bottom of the check, issued from moneygram payment systems, and money gram had no record of the transaction, nor would anyone else cash the check, please be aware of these things coming in the mail, especially with no return address on the envelope, or phone numbers on the checks.

Comments

• En
      27th of May, 2009
    Greendot Grant Program - Fraudulent Check
    GreenDot Grant Program
    Iowa

Someone claiming to be from the GreenDot Grant Program is issuing checks asking customers to return at 10% commission and to deposit the check. There are numerous typographical errors as well as nonsensical explanations. The check has been verified fraudulent with KeyBank in Ohio.

• Sh
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I got a check in the mail and it just seems to be too good to be true. I am researching to validity of this program. Not for sure yet I do know I am not cashing the check!

• Ni
      24th of Jul, 2009
    Greendot Grant Program - FRAUD- BY CHECK
    CORNELL ENTERPRISES
    California

My husband just received one of these checks in the mail today. We actually almost deposited it. I have contacted the proper authorities to resolve the issue. Thanks for this web site to protect innocent consumers.

17th of Aug, 2009
    Greendot Grant Program - Linda Spaulding
    Greendot Grant Program
    sendgreendot.com

This company sent me a check for $956 that I needed to cash and then return a 4.023% commission or $402.50. Since the check was sort of fuzzy and someone was offering something for nothing I new it was a scam. I looked on this site and here it was. This site is very helpful.

• Fr
      31st of Aug, 2009

Most definately a scam

• Ga
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Hello can you tell me who I would contact about this? I already deposited the check and now am minus in my account for doing something stupid. However, I am going to college and thought it was from that and greendot was legitimate so stupid, stupid, stupid.

• Bi
      8th of Sep, 2009
    Greendot Grant Program - fake check
    Greendot Grant Program
    Peoria
    Illinois

I received a check for a grant that I didn't apply for. It was from someone named Linda Spaulding. She said that I received a grant for $10, 000.00. The check was for $959.85. After reading the complaints about this I figured how could I receive a grant that I didn't apply for?! Beware!

• Mi
      15th of Sep, 2009

I received the same check through Linda Spaulding. Was the check from People Currency Exchange. But my check was able to be cashed through the bank I deal with. Well, I have been applying for grants in the past so I thought it could have been someone getting back to me about it. I actually did every step that was listed. Now waiting to see what will happen to the money I sent back as Linda's commission using GreenDOT moneypak.

To me, it is crazy because in the letter she stated that you could be report to the credit if you cash the check without following the steps that was stated on the letter.

• Pl
      12th of Oct, 2009

PLEASE EVERYBODY RECIEVING ONE OF THESE CHECKS, CALL YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE AND TELL THEM YOU WANT TO REPORT A CRIME TO THE FINANCIAL CRIMES DIVISION YOU CAN GET YOUR LOCAL OFFICE NUMBER AT www.fbi.gov/homepage.htm ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE UNDER CONTACT US YOU WILL SEE A LINK THAT READS" YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE" CLICK THAT LINK AND IT WILL REDIRECT YOU TO A PAGE WITH A LIST OF OFFICES. I HOPE THIS WILL BE HELPFULL TO EVERYBODY.