Green Tree Mortgage / Terrible experience!

1 345 St. Peter StreetSt Paul, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-643-0202

Every year, Green Tree requires me to fax proof of insurance. Every year, I get my agent to fax this information to them. The next year, they want it AGAIN. I have never been without homeowner's insurance, and the previous mortgage services (Greenpoint & NationsBanc) never did this harassment. Sometimes these letters (I just got one) are accompanied by phone calls where the Green Tree sharks try to talk you into buying their bloated insurance ($1600 vs $1100 I am paying currently). No matter what you tell them, they insult your intelligence and badger you about better coverage and such. They are relentless! If you don't give them the proof of insurance they want, they threaten (in writing) to buy insurance for you (and change your monthly payment). They are quite rude and condescending.

Va

Comments

• Jr
      31st of Jul, 2009

GreeTree is the worst - rude, threatening, asking for way more information that should even concern them. They need to be taught a lesson - there has to be a legal course of action to take against them.

• Ne
      30th of Jan, 2010

Thank God we paid greentree and sold our mobile home