Green Tea LLC / Screwed me out of $90.00

I saw the offer from the Oprah also that said pay shipping only for a one time sample. Then I received 2 small bottles. Later I received two more bottles and saw that my bank account had been drafted of $90.00. I did call and was told that I checked the agreement and I should be more careful in reading the next time. The only thing the agreement said is that I agree to the terms. I did not see any other terms. How can they get away with this? I thought that by using Oprah's name it would be on the up and up. Is there any way to get my money back? Am I going to have to change my account now so that they cannot rob me anymore?

Va

Comments

• Va
      23rd of Apr, 2008
    Green Tea LLC - Stop trying, they don't exist, I've tried everything
    Green Tea LLC

I've tried all of the numbers listed on this site and all I get is that recording that says mailbox is full. I called my bank and told them about it before the $84 was charged and they say they are able to put an "ACH hold" on my account to prevent them from going into my account ever. The fee for it was $27 but it is worth it. I tried 1866-660-5801, first I asked the rep if his company sold Thin and Slim AM PM and he said yes but when I told him I wanted to cancel my order, he said they don't sell that product. 1-866-518-6901 they said they sold Thin and Slim, but not the AM PM version and that the problem company is based out of Vegas and that he gets dozens of calls each day about this company, he gave me 1-866-924-7146 which brought me back to square one. Bottom line, get your bank involved, they can even send you a form to give them permission to investigate the matter, they'll probably get further than you or I. Good luck!

• Da
      24th of Apr, 2008

GOOD LUCK! It might not matter if you contact them... I also failed to see the 'Terms of Agreement' button which contains the explanation on how their charges are set up and directions for how to contact them (it's clicked for you so it's easy to miss it). I called as soon as the large bottles arrived, and did actually get a customer service representative, got the magic RMA number and sent the product back within the 3 days just as the agreement says. No refund. I found an email address on the website by going back to their website, pretending I was ordering product WITHOUT filling out the credit card info and clicking on the 'Terms of Agreement' link (if you can't reach them by phone, make SURE you contact them to cancel or they will most likely try to charge you again.)

Several emails were exchanged that ranged from "what is your name? what product did you order?" (which was in the email, of course) "We can refund half your money" and finally ending with "I'm sorry. We don't sell that product." I then contacted my bank and filled out a dispute with VISA. The Greentea people responded with their 'Terms of Agreement' form and claimed that I had not followed the steps in the form. I had. Which then meant that VISA denied my claim and are not refunding my money. I then called my bank and explained this company's promise to refund, and told her they never had. She then acknowledged that this company was acting fraudulently and went back to VISA. But they will not reopen a dispute once they deny it!

The lesson there, send proof of the fraud when you file to be reimbursed from your credit card or bank even if they don't ask for it.

I have also filed a report with the Consumer Fraud division of Nevada's Attorney general, made copies of emails, printed copies of the website, etc. but have not yet heard from them. If you would like to do organize something more than a board or if you would like to know more, contact me at danettemb@ comcast.net.

• De
      29th of May, 2008

i just got off of the phone with these people..$90, are u serious!..they told me to send it back once i got it and then call them with the tracking number, then they will refund the money..all of this for a trial offer..

here is the number...801-208-7485

• Va
    Green Tea LLC - Unathorized withdrawl from my account
    Green Tea LLC

I have had the same experience with Green Tea Pro... believing I was purchasing a trial at $4.95 and then within a few days noticing a charge of $84.90. My bank is currently looking into this matter.

I do have an email for the others who have posted. It is: This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it I am outraged as are all of you. Their 866 number is constantly busy or the mailbox is full. There must me something else we can do. I just sent my email and don't know how helpful or not it will be. Good luck to all of us.

• St
      8th of Jun, 2016

Your right, they are a scam. I to got the product for a shipping charge only. Then they started sending 2 bottles each month, could not get through via 866 number, email, etc.. Went to my bank and stopped payment on my card, also blocked further charges from this scam company. I did send their product back each time, crossed out my name and address, wrote return to sender. I originally bought via phone and was never told about future shipments. These people should be ashamed of the way they do business.. Go to your bank and stop payments, and block any further charges to your account. Take a copy of the google page.. Good Luck...

• Am
      8th of Jun, 2016

I haven't tired them, but was going to. Then I stumbled across this site and I'm changing my mind. I haven't given them any info as of yet. And I'm happy I haven't, they don't seem trustworthy anymore. I may as well buy green tea from the store and loose weight that way. I have a suspicion that their phone line is always busy and their voice-mail box is always full because of all the complaints though. Their are so many complaints on here I can only imagine how many are in the voice-mail box. I can't believe how low people will stoop for a buck or two. Everyone who has been scammed by these people should get together and sue Green Tea LLC and all their sub-divisions. Together all of you should have a strong case. If only I were a lawyer...