Green Leaf Modify / Do not Perform

1 Vista, CA, United States Review updated:

We started with Green Leaf back in December 2008 - gave Damon Carriger $3500 and he stated the remod would be done 90 days max...Well here we are and it is May 2009 (5 months later) and nothing!!! Our file has been touched by Paul Bain, Damon Carriger, Alex Assassi, Bobby Badkoubei, and now we have a new person because Bobby is no longer with the company...something is seriously wrong when a file gets passed around and no headway is EVER MADE and these people have the nerve to say that they have "fulfiled their agreement in pursuing loan remod"...I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Real Estate Board and probably go further with charges of "false advertising" On top of this I get an answer from Paul Bain who is supposed to be "manager" that we have to be patient!!! and they will get it done!!! I will list each and every name in my complaint to the RE Board. I have had to resubmit my paperwork THREE TIMES TO THIS OFFICE and they dont see a problem !!! They also tell you not to talk to Countrywide or whoever your lender is. Dont do business with these people - very unprofessional and the only thing they are good at is: DOUBLE TALKING

Comments

• Se
      5th of Jun, 2009

Yes they are terrible. I've been dealing with them since December, Damon Carriger. He called me 10 times a day to get me to go with Greenleaf and now that I'm trying to get a status on the modification in JUNE, he won't return any calls. You can't speak to a person it's impossible, no one knows anything.
    I gave them 3250, I never paid in full thank god. If they don't either get my loan modified or give me my money back, I'll be on the first plane to Santa Ana camping out at their doorstep until they do.
    I'll probably lose my home due to these imcompetant idiots...I've reported them to the BBB and they never respond.
    Don't use these scammers!!!

5th of Jun, 2009

Damon came out "personally" to my house here and picked up the paperwork and naturally the check! And the check was the only piece of paper they never did lose!!! Damon is like the "goodwill ambassador" he sounds very knowledgeable in the beginning but then once they have secured the money - no one wants to talk to you much less give you any information on your own file. They never live up to the contract which is to give you "accounting" of where your file is. I have hired an attorney and will take them to court - of course my attorney will get half but that is fine - Personally i would rather come out with half than nothing and allow these people to keep conducting business!! Where are u located? I am in North County... Maybe we should all form an alliance to dismantle their scam

6th of Jun, 2009

Serialmom12: I relayed your information to my atty: Paul Molinaro and he is okay with you providing him with any information and joining with us against Greenleaf Please tell him it is reply to "my" complaint with Greenleaf and you are following thru: His email addy: pmolinaro@loanlaw.net his name is Paul Molinaro let me know when you contact him

• Ca
      8th of Jun, 2009

I have to agree with all these comments. I have submitted my paperwork twice in the past 2 months, and my file has been passed through 4 people already. I called the other day and was told my person doesn't work there anymore. This is the second person that is "no longer there". When I complained to the receptionist, she hung up on me twice! I am completely discouraged at this point. I should have just let it foreclose...

8th of Jun, 2009

Hi Carol: We all here are totally committed to getting answers from Greenleaf so if you would want to submit your suit to the atty that i have looking into mine feel free to do so . He states the more people we can gather up the better it will be for all. The atty name is paul molinaro his email addy is pmolinaro@loanlaw.net

Let me know what you decide to do

10th of Jun, 2009

this company is sooo bad my story is ditto of dianes, i dealt with jerry jendrian and paul bain, there working on it, when it comes to getting my money back they refer to there contract which was sold under false pretenses as a company owned by refi soup. but forget they missed there deadline . full company is scam weather this shift supervisor paul sends my money or not i am gathering all my info and copies and sending to all the local news stations, nbc, abc, cbs, 60 minutes, dateline, ect plus the AG's office and the DRE . they have not done one thing including calling the lender, and when i want my money back after the contract expires paulie has the nerve to tell me i voided the contract by calling the lender, he is a very unethical businessman, do yourself a favor and cxall your bank you will have 4000 extra to bargain with

sammy suminski
    vero beach fl

• Ki
      17th of Jun, 2009

This is all so depressing. It makes me just want to cry because my family thought our prayers had been answered. When I first talked to Chris Campbell about doing this I said how do I know if this is a scam or not? He promised me him or the attorney named Kurt Elkins would not risk their licenses over a scam well guess what??? I GOT SCAMMED!! I don't know what to do now. I live all the way in Ohio. I feel like I am just out $2900 for nothing. The sad thing is my aunt gave me that money to help us save our home. I complained with the BBB too but I feel like that is not going to fix anything.

• Te
      18th of Jun, 2009

My husband & I are in the same situation. We sent everything over to Green Leaf at the end of January 2009 & are still waiting for something to happen. When I send an e-mail to Green Leaf, I never get an answer, it's always "your negotiator will call you back." My negotiator is Sue Mehta - she is unpleasant to say the least. I spoke with her 1 time & she had such an attitude it was unbeleivable. My mortgage company is Country Wide. They were hounding me with phone calls & I told them that I was in a loan modification request & they said that they didn't show any updates regarding this on my accounts. That's when I spoke with Sue. She did call CountryWide - that was 4/5 & nothing has changed since then. They were all about helping until they received their payment in full & now they could care less. I have numerous e-mails that have gone unanswered - the replys I do get are "we are just waiting for your mortgage company". If they are waiting for the mortgage company & CountryWide is waiting for them & my husband & I are waiting for both of them - it's a vicious circle of not a damn thing going to happen. I asked them if they were supposed to be negotiating with my mortgage company, how come they were always waiting - what were they waiting for if they never contacted them. Their answer was we sent the letter to them & now we are waiting for them to come back with an offer. I don't know how this company operates, but if I am trying to get something resolved, I would keep contacting the source until I have reached an agreement. Sounds reasonable, right??I was also told in the very beginning that if they could not get this modification done, that they had a money back gurantee - that NO other company offered this. This was the selling tactic used by Michael Friebrun when he was convinving me they were the best company to use to get this done. I even tried to find any negative reports on this company & came back empty handed. So, I took the chance & I am exactly where I was afraid I could end up...Now their logo is US Home owners Releif...Is this because they are scammers & had to use another name to continue doing fraudulant business??? What do we do now??

• Pa
      20th of Jun, 2009

My story is exactly the same as the above. One question. Has anyone
    ever recieved any money back? I have actually been to their office three of four times. Very disappointing, I knew when I walked up to the office it was a scam. Damon asked me if I was there for the sales position before he knew who I was. I could go on and on with my story, lets just say I paid in full and got scammed. I am trying to get some money back - but not looking good. All of them are scammer . Damon, Sue Meta, the receptionist, Paul Bain, Mike Esterholt, Jennifer in the accounting department. I am ready to take legal action to stop these scammers.

• Ls
      24th of Jun, 2009

I'm FREAKIN' out! I have just paid in full and thought that this company was legit. I had a friend that used them and they did their homework on this company and assured me they would be able to help. I don't know how long is too late to wait now. Should I just contact my loan company and try to refi. with them?? I wish there really was someone out there that could help me! What do I do? Is there anybody that this company has helped????????? Please, I can't lose my home!

24th of Jun, 2009

1show: if your friend used them what were the results on that? I dont know if ALL GreenLeaf location operations are legit...We are dealing with the GreenLeaf out of Santa Ana, CA who now refer to themselves as US Homeowners Relief so sounds like they "hide" behind company names Please refer to my posting about contacting the atty here in CA that is looking at a possibility of an action suit if need be. He seems to be getting an uproar from them so hopefully they see they are now being looked at. Call him or email him and see what he can do for you...

26th of Jun, 2009

Same story here. I have an actually email asking them to state that we will get every cent back should our loan modification not go through. I have sent an email to pmolinaro@loanlaw.net. Hopefully they respond and ask for this email as evidence against these ###.

26th of Jun, 2009

Hi Radman are you here in California?? The question is Are you getting results from GreenLeaf? I think the longer this goes on - the more people we are finding like us that are still waiting for them to fulfil their contract

26th of Jun, 2009

Yes, here in CA. No results. I have been to their offices several times but get a different person shielding Paul Bain who seems to be the head of this scam, or at least the head at their Irvine facility.

• Ba
      26th of Jun, 2009

Hi people, it takes time to get the modification done, its not that easy. This compnay as millions of cases that they go through every months. I paid 2, 900 and with in 90 days they modfiy my loan just the way i wanted. All im saying is hang in there and Green leafy will do what it takes.

If you have any questions please email me at BEYWAR19@hotmail.com

Thanks, and good luck to all

• Lu
      27th of Jun, 2009

Thank you all for your stories. Diane Thank you especially for all you are doing to help these people. I was just about to pony up the 3500.00 to US homeowners relief when I found your complaint, Paul Bain owns this one.
    I have now backed out of it. So again I thank you all for taking the time to right these complaints and prevent others from going through the same horrible scenario you all are going through. My prayer are with you all that you are able to settle this and not loose your homes.

2nd of Jul, 2009

To all here on the site: My lawyer just contacted me to let me know that we have received our refund money back from Greenleaf... Having said that - I do have to acknowledge that they did not they meet their contract agreement of performing within 90 days and would not listen to me asking for a refund as promised through damon carriger. I thank my atty for making them aware of the way my file was being mishandled.

Just a suggestion: If they tell you it is 100% refundable if they cant perform the remod - GET IT IN WRITING .

3rd of Jul, 2009

That is great to hear Diane. Would you mind asking your lawyer how he/she did it? I have an email where they confirm I will get me money back (every penny), but I cannot get through to Paul Bain. I have even gone in person multiple times.

6th of Jul, 2009

I am currently reviewing paperwork sent to me by US Home Owners Relief out of Irvine, CA. Sounds like the new name for Greenleaf. I was checking them out to see how reputable they were and sounds like I might be avoiding a problem. I think I'll look for something local in Florida. Has anyone had success with any other companies? Thanks

6th of Jul, 2009

RADMAN78: My atty wrote a letter detailing the violations as such ... i asked personally before i hired my atty for my money to be refunded and got absolutely nowhere with Bain or anyone else there - Only when i brought an atty into the picture did i get a response !!!