Green Dot Corporation / money taken of my card... an unauthorized transaction that I didnt make or authorized

Pasadena, CA, United States Review updated:

On August 29th 2018, A transaction was made on my card that I didn't make nor Authorized by me in the amount of $357.80 card# [protected]..exp12/21...At A BJs Wholesale in Deer park ny..I've never shopped in this store I dont even know where the location of this store is...I've made several dispute attempts to green dot explaining that this was not me..I've sent documents to there PO Box copies of my ID...and my work schedule and etc...I was informed that they was gonna do an investigation, however I've them and they said the investigation was close, with no explanation or any documentation stating why they will not be returning my funds to my account..I find this un fear I trust green dot I put money on my card weekly. I've even reached out to BJs where this transaction supposed have took place and they said I had to take it up with my bank..I work hard iam not a wealthy person I personally live pay check to pay check I can't not just take $357.80 as a lost this has been an inconvenience for me..I've been trying to get my money back for almost 2 months already..All iam asking is that I be refunded my funds...please help me get my money back...it just isn't fear...Thank you ..Meika Bonets

Me
Oct 16, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Jun 11, 2019

Hello. I am Jackie Allen Cunningham and I purchased an Green Dot card thinking this company was trust worthy and backed up their customers. Ebay was the site I purchased from and my transactions was placed with the pre-paid debit card and the three that was authorized by me had the correct address but three was not pay pay caught the error in the addresses and would not accept the funds. I called pay pal and they explained that they did not have any type of affiliation with the transaction and i needed to contact my card holder. I am being told buy customer service agent Oneal id-75301 that i have to just wait and see who receives the funds and i cannot dispute. I know that is not accurate. Now green-dot is not escalating the matter as if my complaint is not worth escalating. I will not be able to proceed with my urgent matter due to the fact of Green Dot unprofessionalism. I am being put on hold by an agent and told he is contacting an supervisor. I been waiting now for may 25 minutes. I have been told that my money is in an unknown place and also said that its nothing can be done. My contact info is 251-362-2130 of [protected]@gmail.com please contact asap and the call from Oneal is recorded and i will never Shop with green dot again ever and to the corporate i will seek legal advise.

• Sh
      Jun 11, 2019

Green dot has allowed an unauthorized transaction to take place and will not stop the transaction after it has been detected. Green dot will not stand behind their advertisement of protection and monitoring their customers money. One star for them and no recommendations.