Green Acres Self Storage / Paid for climate controlled storage/ everything was wet and moldy when I opened my unit

1 550 Lindale Drive, Marion, IA, United States
Phone: 319-377-8000

I paid nearly $200 a month to store all of my belongings in a "climate controlled" unit at Green Acres storage in Marion, Iowa. When I went to retrieve my property, they were covered with red and black mold and dripping wet. The company admitted to pushing snow against an outside door which melted and ran under the walls of the outside unit into mine. I had several thousand dollars worth of damage to my belongings which they refuse to pay for. They claim to not be responsible for ANYTHING while your property is stored there. At first they said they would possibly pay something but iltimately refused to come up with any money. When asked for a copy of my rental agreement, they provided a blank form that I believe has been altered since the damage ocurred. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU VALUE YOUR BELONGINGS!!! They will take your money, but not provide the protection they promise.