Greatly Lowered Settlement Amt / Scam / Fraud

1 726 Exchange St Ste 700Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-899-1978

Some weeks back I remember seeing a similar letter, but we ripped it up and threw it away as he believed it was a scam. The letter looked JUST LIKE THE letter we have now received.

We received a letter from them stating they were engaged by Resurgent Capital Services, LP, to resolve my delinquent debt of $1, 756.79. They say they will accept $263.52 as payment in full if paid within 45 days.
They say the previous creditor is NCO Portfolio Management - First Usa
They say the current creditor is LVNV Funding LLC. They give an account # [protected].
We called them and said we never heard of these companies, and they said that was fine, no problem.

WHO would accept such a small fraction of such a large amount due? Collection agencies INCREASE the bill with fees and interest. They do not reduce the bill. Not that I have heard.

Comments

• Je
      26th of Oct, 2009

I have received a similar letter from the same company, Capital Management Services. I was wondering the same thing, why the would be so generously reduced? It is a suspicious offer.

4th of Sep, 2010

I also recieved this very same threatening letter, about some debt with AT&T. I have never done business with that company and if they have been de-frauded oh well! I would not send them a dime, as a matter of fact i may sue them. account # 222293766742 has proved to other agencies that they have the wrong person, and i won't go through the time effort and money again to prove to these crooks to harrass someone else.