Greatest Vitamin In The World / Money stolen

1 3112 North 30th AvenuePhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-544-8482

I was one of those people who was lured in by the TV infomercial claiming you could make up to $12, 000 a month doing their program. They said the program was free and wouldn't cost you even a single penny but didn't mention certain fees and other costly options to jump-start your business until after they had you hooked. I started out with spending $420 in May 2007 just to get started. This was done through their infomercial call-in phone number. I quickly added another $162 in service fees when I was called back by one of their coaches about a week later. In the meantime, I had distributed over 700 fliers and even as many business cards without getting a single hit to my web site. I later found out that people trying to get to my web site were being diverted to other web sites, most likely directly to the company, so I was not being credited, much less compensated for the hundreds of hours and additional personal expenses of printing color fliers and business cards, not to mention gas for my car and hours of leg work walking around distributing the fliers and business cards.

Finally, by July 2007, again when called by the company, I added another $2985 for additional upgrade options that was really supposed to help jump-start my business and get the money coming in due to having additional online advertising and guaranteed traffic to my web site, which by the way, went the way of the wind after they announced their company folded a few months later. I was not refunded anything for the services not provided to me. So, to sum up, in three months I had spent $3567 for a web site, service and sponsoring fees, online advertising and guaranteed traffic to the web site and it all went up in smoke when the company folded (went bankrupt).

To add insult to injury, when they announced the company had folded, they indicated they were in trouble back in May 2007, at the same time I was signing up for their Independent Advertiser Program from their TV Infomercial, except the only thing disclosed by them was that they were close to a merger with another company that was supposed to make their company even more successful. After the company folded it was revealed that they were hoping to get bought out by another company that could turn around their financial situation but that did not happen. Supposedly another company was supposed to buy the business and contact the Independent Advertisers and keep us on. I was never contacted by anyone. Furthermore, web addresses, phone numbers, etc., went the way of the wind as well.

I hope that this situation will eventually come under a class action lawsuit to help people like me to recoup some of our losses. By the way, I never made a single dime on this program and even around $70 I was supposedly credited with on my web site disappeared when my web site disappeared.

I sincerely regret I was so gullible to think I could have a home based online web business that was as good as they advertised. I was also sorry that the attractive lady pitch person turned out to be a liar for Don Lapre, who I have since found out is the biggest liar of all and has had other similar businesses that turned out the same. My only question is why isn't this guy in prison? At the very least the IRS or the FBI should be able to nail this crook.

Va

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2008

Just today, I had an attorney call me and asked me if I was ever involved in "The Worlds Greatest Vitamins". It brought back such a flood of bad memories about Don Lupre, the most crooked man onTV, that I hung up on her. I tried calling back, but there was no answer. I am out $5, 000 ON THAT BUM.

Please lady, call me back, I did not know whos side you were on.

J. Clark

• Mr
      15th of Dec, 2008

I'm sorry you lost so much money. You should have asked them to pull the fees from your first commission check-then see how fast they leave you alone!

• Me
      9th of May, 2009
    Greatest Vitamin In The World - EVERYTHING
    MellowDee@aol.com
    New York

Let's face it. A couple of years ago, Don's hyperactive, over-promising infomercials were constantly on the air, reaching millions of people. Millions of people that were SCAMMED. With SO many people ripped off, including myself, (over$5, 000), why is nobody taking the bull by the horns and starting a class-action lawsuit against Don LaPeeeeeeeee and his blatant SCAM? If anyone hears of any way to get this started, please contact me at: MellowDee@aol.com ; If I didn't have such pressing personal matters to tend to, I would do it myself. I REALLY hope someone does SOMETHING about this!!

• Je
      11th of Oct, 2015

hear get in suit. haven't hear since

• Da
      12th of Mar, 2018

I ALSO BOUGHT INTO THIS SPENT THOUSANDS . EVEN BOUGHT A LOT OF INFOMERCIALS AND THEN ONE DAY FOUND OUTTHEY WERE SOLD OUT AND NO LONGER AROUND . I HAD CALLED TO BUY SOME MORE SPOTS ON TV AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE CLOSED . I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK