Great Vacations Club/Mayan Palace / Fraudulent Sales Practices

The Eighteenth Judicial District of Kansas has just entered a judgment for fraud and misrepresentation against this company in case #07 LM 09436. The company has refused to appear and defend itself. The judgment arose out of a sale of a membership promising "30 weeks of vacations at thousands of resorts worldwide" The offering was phony and the plaintiff repeatedly attemped to book vacations on the Gulf Coast, Atlantic Coast, the Carribean, Hawaii, or California. With one exception ( Cancun after it was destroyed by Hurricane Wilma) these attempts to book were met with no availability or a wonderful week "in Alabama"
The company is based in Mexico and apparently believes it can rip off Americans with impunity. It has refused to appear and answer these allegations--leading the court to order a judgment against it.

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Nov, 2007

WE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS.

• Ke
      28th of Nov, 2007

Unfortunately, my wife and I got caught up in this "Great Vacations Club". Try to use it and it's nearly impossible to get what you paid for. We were to go on a cruise to Alaska with a voucher. Of course, our voucher is not good on any of the cruises. If you try to book ahead, they have nothing in that area as yet. I'm not sure what happens if you wait for the last minute deals.

We are very sorry we got involved with this. We lost a lot of money to this club.

• Li
      13th of Dec, 2007

We are having the same problems trying to book Mayan Resorts
    certificates. Does anyone know of any recourse against Great Vacations Club. Please advise.

• Su
      3rd of Jan, 2008

We were also ripped off with the promise we would be staying at the Grand Mayan in Los Cabos--the salesman's pitch. The truth is we have the option of purchasing a timeshare at the Grand Mayan with one of the numerous certificates. The certificates promise 50/% off rack rate at such wonderful resorts as the Knights Inn!

• Ed
      3rd of Feb, 2008

I'm another one who is ashamed to say got sucked into this scam. I have all the same comments as the ones above.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Sh
      18th of Feb, 2008

We also got sucked into this - have never been able to use 1 single certificate - everything is always sold out - no matter where or when I tried to use it.

Any recourse to get my money back???

• Ca
      19th of Feb, 2008

This company TOTALLY misrepresented the program. We had the same problems redeeming the Alaska vacation. We are using it this fall (hurricane season) in Ft. Lauderdale, because that's all we could get. Stay away from these people. We are going to try to use it twice, and consider it a done deal. Total rip off, and it's impossible to sue.

• Vi
      11th of Mar, 2008

We are having the same problem, but it is also other clubs, like Royal vacations.

• Be
      18th of Mar, 2008

This is the WORST company, EVER. We tried right after we bought this package and could not get our money back. Cannot find any places available, even a year ahead. We went to Mayan Palace at Puerto Vallerto, and went through the entire time share so we would get to the end to see Great Vacations club, totally blew us off-- said they would call us, told us to contact Roger at main office, which we had talked to him before. I don't see how they can continue to sell this. Is there anything we can do?

• Be
      18th of Mar, 2008

Could not get any vacations i wanted.

18th of Mar, 2008

We were on our honeymoon in Cancun in 2004 and agreed to listen to the sales pitch in order to get some ticket vouchers for local attractions. BIG MISTAKE DON'T DO IT!!!

After spending several hours touring a beautiful facility and attempting to leave several times - in the end they offerred us a deal on 10 certificates that we had to use over the course of 7 years along with 2 free airline tickets and a cruise voucher.

We paid a couple thousand dollars for this deal! What they sold us versus what we got - not even close!

When we returned to the USA I decided to look into it. I sent formal notice to the company requesting a refund - I felt they misrepresented the offer.

We were not able to redeem the cruise tickets it was not available when we looked into it. Go figure!

I have tried several times to book in advance and they never have any rooms available regardless of the location. Seems odd doesn't it!

What can we do! Class action law suit?

• In
      19th of Mar, 2008

It is a total ripoff. Can we unite and fight back? I am 61.Too old to lead in a law suit but I will gladly join anyone who is determined to teach jerks a good lesson. Inna Almann.

• Ke
      23rd of Mar, 2008

Unfortunately, my husband and I were also roped into this plan in October, 2006 while vacationing at a Mayan resort. We have experienced all of the same problems as above. No cruise availability, no vacation time where we want to go. We have had much better luck trading our timeshare. I'm with Inna, if there is some sort of class action we can file please contact me. I'm also at retirement age and would appreciate the help.

Kathy.

• Fz
      30th of Mar, 2008

hello totally agree with all of them. impossible to get anything bought it at mayam in mazatlan went back and same story wanted to sell us another program we did not want to hear anything. these people should be sued and fined for such a lie

• Ca
      6th of Apr, 2008

I'm just sick and feel so stupid for allowing this to happen to us. These people are crooks and I would definately want to get involved in a class action lawsuit.

• Ro
      18th of Apr, 2008

all of the above complaints i can ditto...this outfit should not be allowed to market their product to anyone. what a rip off!!!

• Sy
      31st of May, 2008

I reluctantly fell for this scam after a wonderful 7 day vacation in Mexico. If you have no committed, don't. It truly is a rip-off! The website is not even coming up anymore. The other complaints noted above are correct. Let the buyer beware!

• Fz
      3rd of Jun, 2008

not only this they are calling to make some offers which are ridiculous als trying to say that your $299 is expired which was not true. A big big scam

• Le
      11th of Jun, 2008

If there is a class action I want to be involved. Nothing I was told is true and everyone is right yopu cannot get what you need or paid for. They never have any openings.

• Mi
      6th of Jul, 2008

I also got sucked in and am so disappointed. I was able to use the $199 certificate to return to the Mayan. My sister went on a time share presentation at another resort and when they gave her the "deal" at the end she said, " no, my sister got taken last year by something like this." The guy said, "did she buy at the Mayan? I hear there is a class action suit against them." So I am now trying to find how to get on board if there is one. These people need to be taken down.