Great Neck Nissan / criminal

1 NORTHERN BLVDGreat Neck, NY, United States Review updated:

I gave the Manager, Joe Castelli, a $1, 000 credit card deposit, based on terms that they would give me a 30-day / 1, 000 mile warranty on the engine and tranny for a used vehicle. When I went back the next day to pick up the vechicle, the manager - Joe Castelli, said that he would only cover the tranny. This was not what I agreed to, so I told him that I didn't want the car and that I wanted my $1, 000 deposit back. Then he tried to scam me by saying that he only had a cash receipt of $100. I showed him my Credit Card Receipt from His Dealership - showing that $1, 000 was charged to Great Neck Nissan the night before, and he denied any knowledge of it and would not agree to refund my money. He kept insisting that I only left $100 cash. I then had to call the cops on him to get my money back. Just before the cops got there, he somehow realized that he was looking at some else's folder! What a line of Cr-a-p! He forgot that I left a $1, 000 dollar deposit in less than 24hours, but he remembered where I lived because he made a derogatory comment about my neighborhood (this was before I even asked for my deposit back!). Joe Castelli should be ashamed of himself...trying to steel money from lost customers due to his rudeness and lies. I'm surprised that Nissan would allow someone like him to manage one of their stores. I hope a lot of people see this review and realize that Nissan of Great Neck is not a good place to do business - in fact...it's probably one of the worst places!

Comments

• Pt
      13th of Mar, 2010

In reply to gentleman from Northport-scrammed by G.N. Nissan 3/3/10
    u posted "I hope a lot of people see this review and realize that Nissan of Great Neck is not a good place to do business"

So sorry of your bad story there & thanks to warn us heads up before entering the 'Dragon's mouth & make our blood steam up'.

Also saw James C. of LIC, NY 's on Yelp's review
    "A very disappointing experience at Beiner Audi on 2/19/09 test drive story."

Shame on those horrible people & the ones all over this country's scamming act, may they all be radon in hell for 6 generations... har!

PT in Queens as looking for a better used small-auto car on 3/13/2010 good day to all

• Mr
      13th of Mar, 2010

Well I guess all of this got the Nissan dealer to fire Mr. Castelli so he is no longer there Who knows maybe they are a good dealership after all.

30th of Jul, 2010

I can't beleive that actually happened at Great Neck Nissan! The Manager's name is Junior, I don't think Jim Castelli works there anymore. They must have fired him due to these types of practices. I was treated with courtesy and understanding. They answered all my questions knowledgable and gave me a test drive without any pressure.

• Mi
      1st of Aug, 2010

I had a similar experience with Jim Castelli that guy is a total [censor]. Last year during the cash for clunkers program I purchased a nissan altima coupe. Jim Castelli said that I will get the $4, 500 back for my clunker trade in when the dealership got the $4, 500 reimbursed from the government. After one week I found out that I was supposed to get the $4, 500 taken off right away but when I confronted him about this he said that there was no record of me ever turning in a cash for clunker vehicle and that I was never owed $4, 500. Pissed off I went to the Better Business Burro and got a lawyer, when they got the call from my lawyer Jim Castelli said that he had misplaced my records and gave me my $4, 500 the next day. Jim Castelli is a true dirt bag and I will never buy a nissan from Great Neck Nissan as long as I live.

• Na
      5th of Apr, 2011

I bought a Nissan Rogue in 2010. I brought the price list from EDMUND.COM and asked them to give me a car price as what it says.
    The Manager agreed and he offered me monthly payment of $536 for
    5 years which I thoght that it's resonable price. I purchased it.
    It's my mistake that I didn't see the Contract saying 72 payments (6 years) but simply I trusted the guy...
    I disvocered the fraud 9 months later that I purchased the car and went there with the contract. I was just told that he doesn't remember what he offered and I don't have any proof that he gave me a monthly quotation for 5 years...

• To
      1st of Sep, 2011

Beware...of this dealership group. Owners promise their employees a lot work them a lot, lie to them. No demo's, tell them lease or buy from them cause they will get an expense check each month. Not true.. they also do not tell or mention employees entitled to a Nissan discount on auto.. if you are an honest, hard working and give yr blood to this company, they use lie and let go and make empty promises about owed pay, expense checks never received and, etc..they do not care if you did a good job or if you have a family or dependants disabled or not.. oh, if you are promised vacation they will let you go day you start it or if medical reason to take it the same heartless.. if they can treat good employs like this then how will they treat a customer.. if you want customers to come back then you need good employees that are treated and respected professional for the long term not fly ny night ..non caring chain wearing unprofessional people and also to have the manager Jr and owner not car when employees buy cars to get rebates or not to be forced into a car cause buy, you are hear forever, what are you worried about I pay for it.. a few payments made not one expense check.. family important so you give yr blood and get staves in the back... I am a relative of an employee promised many things including they promised not to let him go cause he did his job, but because no back bones in other owners and an some employees not doing their jobs but their guys.. well we will move you.. then again more lies now no move and still waiting for money..I do hope Joe does right by him or we will help with all we have to make sure no one ever a customer or employee put in spot cause of lies, deception, and you know... Shame on you Joe for hurting a man and his family for being a hard worker ...how do you sleep at night...beware...if he plans on treating employees this way how will he expect to treat you a customer...really thought from my relative Joe wanted to turn things around, treat customers better respected and improve csi and make money.. guess he enjoys not too..

1st of Sep, 2012

I came to this dealership on Thursday to have my car serviced. First i asked for a loaner car for the time (as i was told i would get one when ever the car was being brought for service) and was told their were none available. After asking for a manager, all of a sudden theirs a loaner car available for me, I deeply appreciate the managements concerns and actions taken. Mind you i was looking forward to coming back and purchase the new sentra or altima for my mother over the weekend. When i bring this loaner car back after driving 50 miles, they noticed a little scratch on the car which i had not seen when taking the vehicle nor i would have pointed out and charged me $125 for the scratch, and this was not done by me. I was really upset about this matter especially after i had just purchased a brand new 2012 Maxima for my self was going to come back to get another car from this dealership over labor day weekend. The rental manager insisted he was perfect at his job and he had made no mistake when handing me the vehicle with 4, 000 miles ran on. If some one can reach out to me and explain why i was charged especially after being a loyal customer and wanting to return to purchase another vehicle, i will be glad to repair this situation as i look to have Great neck Nissan as my preferred dealer and wont have to go to those lousy people at Star Nissan or Hillside Nissan where ever. Until then, I am very upset about this incident as no damage was done in the 3 hours i had rented the loaner vehicle.