Great Lakes Warranty Company / Company won't pay claim

1 P.O. Box 12630Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I bought a 2000 VW Beetle and purchased an extended warranty w/the vehicle. Recently my engine blew and I had my repair facility contact Great Lakes. They said they'd send out an independent inspector to check out the car. He/she said that a $20 radiator hose cause the engine to blow and that part wasn't covered, therefore they wouldn't pay for the engine. I couldn't believe it. These people are despicable and I'd really think twice before you purchase a warranty from this company. I've had other extended warranties and have had no problems. I hope this prevents other people from buying policies with this company. Learn from my mistake!

Va

Comments

• Eu
      21st of Jun, 2010
    Great Lakes Warranty Company - Using bad used parts and will not fix
    Great Lakes Warranty Company

Great lakes has put 4 used transmssions in my car and they have all gone out within 1 to 3 days. I have now contacted the atty gen. to seek help as my car is still at the dealer. The dealer had to wait on payment for the first transmission they installed in Nov.

They just got paid only because my car is an infiniti and the only person that can fix it is them. Even though G.L. had our car taken 3 times after the dealer to another transmission place because they tried to say the dealer did it wrong the first time.

However the co. they sent it to put in 3 and they all did the same thing. I would have never got this extended warranty if i would have knew they use used parts. They conviently make sure this is stated under your signature not where they state all the parts they repair. I think we should all get a civil suit against them and shut them down after our cars are fixed or services are paid for.

I will keep you posted on what happens with the atty gen. For PA it's currently Tom Corbett go to their site and file.

• Ob
      5th of Aug, 2010
    Great Lakes Warranty Company - Scam
    Great Lakes Warranty Company

My son purchased a auto warranty from Great Lakes Warranty Corp.for his Kia.The engine blew up and when it came time to collect on an approved claim they kept telling him it was being processed.He called many times to no avail.When we asked to speak with a manager we got another message.Now their answering machine say's this coropration doesn't exixt anymore but please leave a message.Who is going to get our message.What a scam and my son is out the price he paid for the warranty plus the $1, 200.00 for the engine repair.Whomever was in charge of this scam should be prosecuted.