Great Expressions Dental/Dental Health Group / Unresponsive and inept Bureaucracy

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I was erroniously billed $277 for a procedure. The DHG dentist who handled my case directed that the charge be deleted and even made a follow-up phone call directing this for a second time. The DHG office manager at the Tampa East Busch office made multiple computer entries for over three months trying to get the Detroit bookeeping operation to remove the invalid charge. I visited their office twice and made repeated phone calls attempting to resolve this matter. Nothing worked, bills continued to arrive from Detroit.
Finally, to protect my credit rating from this incredibly inept and unresponsive operation I have paid the bill, even thought I do not owe it.

I have no complaint about the dentist or the quality of his work, but I refuse to do business with an organization which stonewalls and ignores not just its customers, but its own subordinate management. I will never do business with DHG again.

Comments

• Li
      9th of Jun, 2011

FRAUD! FRAUD! STAY AWAY PLEASE! I WAS WORKING THERE...LISTEN (DENTAL ASSISTANT)
    I WAS A DENTAL ASSISTANT AT DENTAL HEALTH GROUP/GREATT EXPRESSION DENTAL IN SOUTH FLORIDA. IT WAS TRAUMATIC FOR ME GOING TO WORK EVERYDAY. I WAS ALWAYS AFRAID THE NEWS MEDIA WOULD COME SOMEDAY AND EVERYONE WOULD BE ARRESTED. THEY OVER CHARGE THE HMO PATIENTS AND THEN BILLED ADDITIONAL FEES. EX. ALL PATIENTS ARE BILLED FOR CROWN PREP, BUILD-UP AND LAB FEES THAT IS THE RULE. MOST TIMES THE PATIENTS HAD TO PAY ADDITIONL FEES OUT OF POCKET WHEN NO BUILD-UP WERE DONE. IF YOU THE PATIENT IS HAVING A SIX UNIT BRIDGE DONE, YOU ARE LITERALLY CHARGED TWO LAB FEES. THEY CALL IT REHAB CASE. HERE ARE THE CODES! 10102 FOR REHAB CASES AND 10166 FOR A REGULAR LAB FEES. THE ASSISTANT WHO ARE THE TREATMENT PLAN COORDINATOR (CRAZY IDEA...HOW CAN ONE DO BOTH) ARE TOLD TO CHARGE $195 UPGRADE FEES REGARDLESS OF FEES, A TOTAL OF ABOVE $320. AS FOR FILLINGS FEES 1 SURFACE $85, 2 SURFACE $105 AND 3 SURFACES $125. THIS RELATES TO ALL HMO CASES. OK! TO GET AWAY THE ASSISTANT IS ASKED TO APPLY $40 TO THE ONE SURF FILLING AND $45 TO A DESENTIZING AGENT(NO SUCH IS EVER AGENT IS EVER PLACED) PLUS A $0 MISC RESIN POSTERIOR(THIS IS A DISTRACTOR...THIN NOTTHING IS $0 IN THE COMPANY). THEY CANNOT WITH PPO CASES BECAUSE THEY ARE ONE SET FEES. AS FOR YOUR SRP SCALING ROOT PLANNING AND GROSS DEBRIDEMENT I HAVE SEEN THE DOCTOR CHANGE NUMBER FROM 3MM TO 4MM JUST SO THEY CAN GET PAID MORE FOR GROSS DEBRIDEMENT OVER PROPHY. BE AWARE !BE AWARE BE AWARE!
    I AM TRYING EVERYTHING TO EXPOSE THAT COMPANY...IT IS A FRAUD!!!

• Mo
      9th of Jun, 2011

This is exactly why getting dental work done is completely unafordable for many people.

• Ex
      7th of Feb, 2013

The most unprofessional dental care I ever knew. Receptionists are very rude, unhelpful...Very disappointed. Wouldn't recommend Great Expressions to anyone.

10th of Feb, 2013

PLEASE REPORT THEM TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT IN TALLAHASSEE THE MORE COMPLAINTS THE BETTER
    1-850-245-4339, EXT. 8320 MS.LAUREL WESBROOK
    SHE IS PRESENTLY WORKING ON THIS COMPANIES COMPLAINT

• Si
      21st of Dec, 2015

This place is a joke and completely unprofessional! Took my 8 year old there for (what I thought) was an extraction of a tooth that was chipped and causing his great pain. When I made the appointment over the phone I was very clear and stated "he had an appointment there last week to which o was advised he needed 2 teeth pulled, one on each side, and the one tooth that my son complained to the dentist about hurting him, was due to it having an exposed nerve. Then she said he also need another filing." I told the lady on the phone I needed to make an appointment to have the tooth on his right side pulled asap because he was in severe pain each time he ate. Went to the appointment 3 days later and no one came out to verify what they were doing that day, they just said "ok mom, we are going to take him back and get started" so I assumed they knew what they were doing... Big mistake!! 2 hours later they had pulled the other tooth, (left side) and did a root canal with a crown on another tooth!!! They didn't even pull the right tooth, the entire reason I was there!!! And I didn't go there for a filing either! I already had another appointment for that at a later date. Talk about furious!!! All I got was "I'm sorry, there must have been a mix up on his paperwork, it said we were doing everything on his left side today" I willnever trust my cchildren's teeth to this place again. I found another dentist and had the correct tooth pulled but best believe I in he process of writing a lengthy email to the BBB and the corporate office as well as making sure my sons story is put out there for all to see. I would not be surprised how many other kids this has happened too.