Great Expectations Online Dating / Fraud

Blatant Fraud! High powered sell that clearly intends to defraud singles. Sales Woman, Jessie of Chicago/Schaumburg Center, quotes attributes that do not exist. The following were promised during a high powed sales pitch: members are: professional, business owners, make in the 6 figures, active and physically fit, marriage minded, pictures are accurate because we take them etc. I was shown about 40 profiles that I was told were currently available, all were between 45-55 years of age, none are in the system. Jessie told me to look at 2 men that she had spoken with personally about me, both declined without a reason, only one did I have anything in common with. At another time she encouraged 2 other men to contact me, neither of whom I had anything in common. To illustrate the degree of fraud my profile briefly describes me as: self employed psycho-therapist, with a background in the arts (BFA from the Art Instite of Chic.), well traveled, culturally and intellectually literate ( MSW from Loyola Univ.). She gave my phone number to a man who described himself as follows: I love comedy clubs, especially raunchy humor, love Las Vegas and gambling, golf, and work in management with Popeye's Chicken. The one man that I dated, openly admitted to a 30 year history of profound alcholism ( sober 16 mos.), looked nothing like his photo (at least 60 lbs heavier), and had a litany of medical issues assoc. with his history of abuse. I won't go into his admissions that his ex-wife won't have anything to do with him or his disappointment with his gay son who is not living according to scripture. This site could better be called "Great Exploitations." There appears to be at least 20 women to every man, a more exploitive experience for women. I plan to explore a class action law suit. If you would like to pursue this please email me.

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2009

Laura,

After having gone the same lies and sales pitch you went through in January of this year, I have not met one man who is the quality they professed to have in there huge data base.

If you are still thinking about the class action suit against them I am willing to help with it. I just pulled up this site and never knew how many other people got scammed. I am so angry with them and the way they do business.

Let me know if you are still interested.

• Ad
      24th of Nov, 2009

Laura,

By Jessie, I have a folder of facts identical to yours. I believe there is power in numbers and suggest a meeting of the minds. Please feel free to email me so we can discuss whether a solution is within our power.

I have fought many times, successfully, for the correction of flawed business practices. Furthermore, as a budding pubic whistle-blower, I am currently seeking a second degree in paralegal studies to support my goal utilizing social media outlets to create quick sweeping, grass roots efforts to invoke rapid correction of industry exploitation of consumers.

I will help in any capacity to make sure no one else is taken advantage of my the Schaum, burg Great Expectations office.

Adeline Rose on Yahoo. (no spaces)

• Am
      18th of Jan, 2010

Would consider the same if others are interested in a lawsuit... Please email amazing_aly_01 at yahoo dot com. This entire service, from sales pitch to actual male members that are available (and don't look like they scrounged up their last mortgage payment to become a member to), is a total sham. I was sold the same bill of goods last November. A complete crock. I want my $4700 back!

• Ac
      14th of Mar, 2010

Unfortunately, what is said about Great Expectations is more true then people realize. There was a piece done by dateline about a man who used a dating service to meet his future wife who later murders him. You would have to see the full episode to hear the name Great Expectations as the dating service he used but it just goes to show what can happen if you get involved with this service. The story can be found here: