Great Clips Hair Salon / price

1 Vernon Hills, IL, United States Review updated:

Client received a haircut on 3/9/09 and stated that she had a coupon for approximately $5.00 discount but did not have the coupon at the time of the visit. Client returned to the salon 2 days later with receipt and 2 unexpired coupons and the manager would not honor/credit money back to the client. Client is very regular (monthly visits to salon) and lack of customer service was very distasteful.

Comments

• Je
      3rd of Apr, 2009

The coupon should be present as same day when the client received the service. Since he/she visit the salon regular then he/she can use the coupon for next visit. It is not right for a client come back 2 days later or one weeks later to try get a discount.

One mistake for the manager is that should tell the client at the same day while the client mention about the coupon, the coupon only valid at time of service. Even thou the coupon have not expired date. Or the manager could tell the client that he/she can go back get the coupon right there right then.

Since this so called "Regular client" return every month to get the service why can't he/she wait till next time and use the coupon.

Common sense: you going to a restaurant and forgot bring a coupon, you mention to a waitress that you forgot coupon at home, can I still get a discount? What are they going to tell you? Of course they can't do that. The coupon have to be present at time of service. Can you go back 2 days later and ask the manager give you discount for the food you have ate two days ago? That is ridiculous.

Many ppl use the "Regular customer" basis as their "privilege" to get what they want. I don't think that is fair for any type of business.

• St
      19th of May, 2009

Dear Client, Im very sorry that happened and you feel cheated. I am a Great Clips Manager and once a coupon is set in our systems from our corporate office, it comes in once the coupons are sent out and also on the day it expires at 12 am it is swiped out of our system. Your home town salon manager was being honest, there is nothing she/he could of done. Very sorry, please try them again.

• Ro
      22nd of Jan, 2010

My elderly mother went in for a haircut. They did a shampoo, a cut and a 2 minute blowdry so she didn't go out into the freezing cold with a wet head. They charged $3 for shampoo (fine) tried to charge $14 for the haircut until I asked why she wasn't getting senior price of $12 (fine) and then they had the nerve to charge her $20 for a 2 minute blowdry that incuded no products, no hairspray, no curling or styling. It was ridiculous and made no sense. I had previously taken my kids for a haircut and they didn't charge me for their blowdry! They were trying to rip off an elderly woman. Since they have a "guarantee", I said, there is no "styling" associated with the $20 so I want the money back. They would not give it to her! I am definitely filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

3rd of Feb, 2010

I live in Algonquin, IL & go to the one off E. Algonquin Road and it's a crap shoot going there. They spray water on your face all the time. Please, spray my hair not my face. Did you graduate or are you still in school that you can't aim the water sprayer properly! Not very well trained or monitored. Not good customer service skills.
    I guess you get what you pay for!