Great Clips / hair loss

1 Belvidere, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8155447678

on September 25 2008 I went to the above salon for a perm, I had had a perm 2 months previous to this which was a disaster, only half of my hair was permed, I looked like I had a mohawk. We went on vacation and when we returned
I went back for them to correct this mess. I made an appointment for a cut and perm. The gentleman who I requested said ok. He looked at my hair and said it was dry in which I already knew. He put a conditioner on my hair and proceeded with the perm. He checked it once and said it was not done yet, He came back a few minutes later and looked and immediatly took the cap off and what I thought was a few rollers in the back of my head and immediatly rinsed them off then he applied the nutrlizer. when he as done I looked at the back of my head and there was a bald spot the size of a golf ball or the size of about 3 rollers. I asked him what that was he told me it was there already and caused by stress. This is not true I did not have a bald spot on my heard when I went in there. All he had to say was I didn't do it.
I have talked to 3 beauticians since this happened and they all said the same thing it was over processed. He (Ben) would not cut my hair after the perm he said it was to short.
It was to short alright because if he had cut it I could not hide the bald spot.
I do not know what else to say. It was and still is a horrible experience I'm 73 years old and have had perms for at least 40 years and never ever had this happen.
Barbara

Comments

• Mo
      12th of May, 2009

I received very bad service from Great Clips, Warsaw, IN; I would never ever want to go back there again...they welcome everyone with smile and say welcome to great clips...but they dont treat us in the same way...Yes I am not an American..I am an Asian...they do not have common decency and respect for customers...especially there is one big fat lady with short hair...I hate u...

• Wu
      1st of Oct, 2009

dont' get perms anymore you won't get any problems.

• La
      5th of Sep, 2010

Do you have hair growing in the bald spot now??
    If you do, it still isn't the perm, but the stylist doing it. He may have had the rods too tight with the band cutting the hair.
    If you still don't have hair growing in, it has nothing to do with the perm or the stylist. If it is a round shape instead of a rectangle, it probably is internal.
    Don't go to Great Clips for a perm anyway. The stylist is stuck on the chemical service that can take up to 2 hours, meanwhile the others are making four times as much in tips.
    I know that sounds horrible, but that is how the stylist make their living.