Great Clipsemployee

Wow! Glad to see complaints from other stylists on here! This company sux! Only numbers matter, creativity is punished, scheduling is a nightmare! Blackout times during all holidays when you would want to see friends and family. Benefits are so ridiculous they're close to non-existent! I know, lets get a bunch of talented people together and tell them they have to all cut the EXACT same way and do each haircut in 13-17 minutes no variations no exceptions you make no money crappy tips dirty customers and a owner who only cares about money and not about the employees Well, if you treat you employees like crap, then you will end up with nothing but crappy employees! BON VOYAGE assheads! you can have all the dirty nasty people i will be working in a place that supports my creative effort and allows me to spend the time I need with each client to ensure they get the cut they want! ewww so glad that's over with!

Comments

• Lo
      Jan 25, 2010

THIS ARTICLE IS SO TRUE, EVERYTHING SHE IS SAYING IS TRUE

• Pe
      Mar 28, 2010

I too was just fired for not being able to complete the 13 to 17 minute haircut time, The night before my new co worker came in reeking of pot. She still has her job because she is fast. I was told to use a timer at my station, at first embarrassed, then the pressure got so bad from my manager, I didnt care, when my clients asked "whats the timer for" ? I just started telling them I have to cut your hair in 13 to 17 minutes so just shut up and dont ask for anything extra after Iam done. Basically I quit caring if I still wanted a job. CHOP SHOP, is the only word to describe this company, People that come in for 50.00 service for 13.99 actually get what they deserve. I have had women that obviously need to go back outside and read the sign of the where they just stepped foot into. Rude customers, and greeding owners go hand in hand. Greeding penny pinching ###s, Karma baby. I cant stand it when Men that dont have any experience in the industry buy beauty schools, or salon franchise like these, obviously have control issues over women. wimps!!

Mar 13, 2015

I am a stylist for great clips, I have 15 years Experience and have worked full service salons Most of my career. My haircut time used to be 45 min and I now only 15 min I have not changed my cutting technique however the time has become more because all I do is haircuts. In fact I feel more experienced now I'm cutting than I ever have before because I'm doing 18 to 25 haircuts a day. Its never the company only the stylist a bad cut comes from the stylist themselves not the salon. I give great haircuts in a 15 min time period which also includes checking the haircut. Helpful tip watch the stylist cut before you get your haircut

• Yo
      Oct 03, 2016

I worked for Great Clips for many years. I recently returned to work for them so I definitely know that the franchisee owner makes a big difference when it comes to the work environment. The manager (Patrice Newsome) I worked for along with a co worker would steal time from the clock and wouldn't do anything. The manager could not even do the simplest task of doing the schedule on time. This lead to an argument we had because I asked her to be professional and put out the schedule at least a week ahead not the day prior. She got mad and therefore proceeded to "punish" me by not putting me to work on weekends. This didn't bother me so much but the co worker (Loria Hadnott) took it upon herself to put me back on weekends just because she saw that it really didn't bother me. A complete lack of maturity and professionalism. Loria clocks Patrice in before she arrives even if she is late for hours. Patrice comes in late all the time, doesn't work mornings, and doesn't even call in to say she is not coming to work that day. O and don't let it be the time of the month because she calls in just because she has cramps that day. She does this every month... hello its a full salon of women if we all did this no1 would go to work. I hope the owner sees this so he can see how both of them are stealing money from him. Not to mention the horrible way they are managing the salon. I worked at the Telfair- Sugarland, TX location.