Great Atlantic / Scammers

For a live contact at Great Atlantic Warranty please call Mr. Mark Owens at [protected].

Mr. Owens is one of those who call and call and call you wanting you to buy Extended Auto Warranties.

Mr. Owens called my phone well over 9 times within 45 minutes. Sometimes I was contacted every minute for 5 minutes. I have done research on GAW and have found that they are the focus of at least one State Attorney General.

I have taken this to the next level and have filed complaints with four other AG's.

In some of their initial calls they identified themselves as Ford Motor Corp and AAA.

Va

Comments

• Es
      18th of Jul, 2008

Great Atlantic just interrupted my work with a scam automated call saying "This is your final notice..." that my auto warranty would run out, etc. The first time they called, I knew it was a scam and hung up. The second time, I knew it was a scam and I didn't hang up. I pressed the key to speak to a person to find out the source of the call. The operator tried very hard not to reveal who they were, insisting instead on going straight to my car details.

Once I knew who they were and it became evident I wanted to complain about being cold-called -- by a machine, at work, for something I don't need -- the person quickly hung up. There was not even an apology or reassurance that I'd be taken off their call list, or any such thing.