Great American Roofs / Got the money never did the work

1 125 Town Park Lane., Ste#300Kennesaw, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-233-7600

Great American Roofs came to my home and promised to repair my roof two months ago. I spoke with their salesman and provided him with all of my information, which included a work order and a contract. The first red flag went up when no one from the company followed up behind the sales person. While the sales person was very nice and helpful I'm sure he was limited. Non-the-less I phoned him when I needed information because I could never seem to reach anyone else from the company and they never returned my messages. That should have been my second red flag. Believing I was going to get my roof repaired I paid this company nearly $2, 447.46, for a down payment.

After numerous weeks had passed I began speaking with my neighbors. I learned that some of them also hired this company. Just like me they had never heard from the company after working with the sales person. Luckily one of the neighbors was acquainted with the sales person. I learned that he was no longer with the company. Then I panicked I immediately phoned the sales person after speaking with him it was clear that all of my money and documents were still with the Great American Roofs.

Then I began frantically calling the company again and just like from the start I could not get a return call. I left several messages, sent a letter, and finally contacted my insurance company and the Better Business Bureau. After all that I finally got a call from a man stating he was a project manager. He claimed he lost my paperwork yet it was turned in with the check which had been cashed weeks prior.

It was clear to me that this company was very disorganized and could care less about me or the roof. After all they already had the money. Then without missing a beat, this person (project manager) asked me how much my check was for. Really? He had no clue. This is the person in charge of the people who wanted build my roof? I wanted no part of them.

Nh

Comments

• Bo
      24th of May, 2009

Rob Macpherson (Great American Roofs) has done the same to me. His company is a joke and would not recommend them at all. He has taken my money and is now not returning my calls with the same scenario as listed above. To the T... He is a fraud... I am taking every legal avenue I can agianst this man and his company... If you are having the same problem with Great American Roofs, ... email me at bobbyjoesmith3@hotmail.com and join the fight.

• Va
      25th of Jun, 2009

I am in the same situation as is a good friend of mine. He gave over $7000.00 and i gave over $5000.00. We both know the salesman and were confident the work would get done. Well, many months later and many unreturned phone calls we both have no new roofs! I have reported to the BBB and will wait for a response. Has anyone else found it strange that their contract letterhead has the BBB logo but they are not affiliated? Is that legal?Also my husband went today to their "office" which is not listed in the building! I am very upset that my phone rang off the hook with empty promises to get the check but really silent when I ask for the work.

20th of Jul, 2009

Great American Roofs and Rob Macpherson sent a registered Sex offender William Sloan to our house. See this link http://www.georgia-sex-offenders.com/maps/offender.php?id=125401.

they took our money and didn't complete the job but even more conerning is we have children and William Sloan is preys on children and has been convicted of Sexual Explotation of a Child.

Anyone who has had involvement with this company should report them immediately to you local police.

• Jd
      21st of Jul, 2009

We had a salesperson come out, a date set for two months out, and a roof placed on our home. We didn't have to do anything, but give them permission to file an insurance claim. It seems like a no brainer to me... The down payment "you" make is not even your money, its money for the roof from the insurance company...

• Ri
      21st of Jul, 2009

But if you pay the down payment, and then your roof never gets put on, you lost the insurance money AND you have a leaking roof. The insurance won't pay for a new roof anymore, because they just did that. Not to mention that you now have an open claim that can never be finished, cause half the money is gone and there isn't enough left to build the roof that the insurance company approved of.
    BTW the down payment that the insurancecompany pays for, is what I've been paying my premium for for years, so what do you mean it's not my money?

• Am
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I wouldn't worry too much about his jail threats. People do not go to jail for defamation.

In any event, he would need to sue you in court, and I just have a feeling that the last thing this guy wants to do right now is appear in front of a judge.

Brian Duffey, you are a thief and a crook. Cmon, sue me.

22nd of Jul, 2009

It is defamation and slander. People need to grow up and quit hiding behind screen names. This is Brian's wife and I know he had nothing to do with taking money or installation of any roofs. He has always been there to answer any calls that customers had and always went above and beyond to assist in any way possible.

22nd of Jul, 2009

I don't have anyone's money and neither does my husband. He does not hide behind anyone . If he has something to say to you or anyone else, he will say it driectly to them.

There is no need to be sarcastic with me.

• In
      16th of Aug, 2009

This comment against William Sloan is not entirely a documented truth. He was not nor has been convected of the above stated miss truth. One should and can easily go on line and see the case and facts that are clearly stated on any and all public judicial (State and or County) sites that keep information on and or that pertains too matters of this type.
    General facts of such matters are and can be vague at best.
    Mr. Sloan has served his time, with out mishap and has also served two years of his probationary sentence again without mishap. He is registered and current with his Probation Officer in his County of residence and is a law abiding citizen to date.
    Undocumented and loosely voiced opinions can be harmful to one whom may have fallen under a blanket charge (So too Speak) at one value or another, but may have been a much lesser crime or misinterpretation of said crime/crimes.
    Anyone remotely familiar with law would know that this can/could be the case.
    Some people speak out/judge before obtaining full knowledge of the matters to which they speak of, and this can be seen as or interpreted/misinterpreted as deformation of character.
    Mr. Sloan was accompanied by a co-worker and one or more of the adults at all times in this case and makes sure that this is /was and will always be the case in any and all appointments he keeps. Which is part of his probationary requirements.

Judgments made in haste, either in life or business can be departmental too not only ones self but too others, judge not and ye shall not be judged.

Apparently in this case the Clients/Perspective Client is and understandably so under some deres/grievance with Mr. Sloan's Employer for work not yet performed and has struck out against a Employee of above stated company.
    The harm and fowl of this matter is not that of Mr. Sloan's but his employer and should not be loosely thrown out on the Internet.
    Matters of such should be brought before a Court of Law and kept factual and not loosely laid to where they can inadvertently harm others who have stood before the courts to correct their errors.
    This is why we have Laws, Courts etc.

• Ed
      29th of Aug, 2009

The same thing has happened to me concerning Great American Roofs. This company, through a salesman, received an initial deposit from me and never performed any work. Representatives from the company failed to keep two appointments with me. The owner of Great American Roofs also does business as US Home Crafters.

• Ym
      29th of Aug, 2009

The sad a part about all of the information that is posted about Rob MacPherson is a proven truth. It took Rob Macpherson 3 months to begin work on my roof (a crappy job might I add). He lied to me over and over again. Every time he scheduled to come out- he simply did not show up and did not call me to let me know he was not coming...not even as a courtesy. During this time, I asked for my deposit of 4, 000 back and was told that it could not be returned to me. Almost 2 and 1/2 months passed by and I received a call from a man called, "Ralph" who told me he was from U.S. Homecrafters and that he had been subcontracted to do the job. Little did I know at the time, Great American Roofs and US Homecrafters are one in the same. To my surprise, it was all a scam.
    Needless to say, a dumpster arrived at my home a week and 3 days ago and sat in my driveway with no activity on my roof. This past Thursday, a crew showed up to begin work. Rob Macpherson called me a total of 11 times (documented in police report) and left harassing voice mails and text messages on my phone while I was at work and demanded that I pay him in full even as the crew was just beginning to rip the old shingles from my roof. On Friday morning, he called me and asked if he could be paid as the crew only had a small amount of work left to do on my roof. Again, I told him that I would not pay another dime until the agreement of the contract was fulfilled. To make matters worse, on the next day he continued to call me 15 times (all documented).
    When I told him that I would like the roof to be inspected before any disbursement is made, considering that it took him nearly 3 months to complete the job...I lost all trust in him to honor any warranty...he became very irate and continued to demand money although the work had not been completed. My advice to anyone is that if you see Rob MacPherson, Great American Roofs aka Homecrafters to lock your doors and call 911. I did!

• 0 Votes

Anyone out there who has a complaint against Rob MacPherson and William T Sloan with Great American Roofs is encouraged to contact Lt. Detective Westbrooks with the Loganville PD at 770-466-8087. Both MacPherson and Sloan have been arrested on charges of Theft by Conversion. They were picked up on Friday by Cobb County and will be taken to Walton County to be seen by a judge there. If you feel that you have been scammed by them please contact Detective Westbrooks to file your complaint. Detective Westbrooks is going to try and make sure that they do not get bail. He feels that they are a flight risk and the more people who call and complain the better it is so he can build a stronger case against them.

22nd of Sep, 2009

I will call Detective Westbrooks tomorrow. Thank God this man is in jail, I hope we can gather enough people who he has scammed to keep in jail for a long, long time. Thank you.

• Th
      26th of Sep, 2009

I would like to personally encourage anyone who has given Great American Roofs/U.S. Homecrafters any money and has not received services and/or materials to please contact your local police department immediately. If he has written you a bad check (especially on a closed account), contact your local police department immediately. If you have received poor roofing services/installation, contact your attorney as soon as possible as he will not be honoring any warranties.

I am sure that once this hits the media/news, please will be coming out of the woodworks. If you have not, please contact the local media as I have done so. The more they hear about this...the more people will know what is going on. Once Rob Macpherson leaves Walton county, there are five warrants of Theft by Deception for his arrest.

5th of Oct, 2009

I fnd it amazing that the state of TN could have stopped this from happening if they believed in jail time for non violent offenders. He was convicted of embezzlement about 5 years ago in TN and their jails are over crowded so they just hit him with a fine. I see where Rob or someone on his behalf actually commented and is trying to defend his actions by blaming the victims. This just sounds like a rapist saying "she asked for it, she looked good". Nobody is buying your excuses Mr. Macpherson and it is just a shame you will not see this posting until after you post bail! Anyway, TN and now GA are aware of the crook you are and if only there was a way to warn other states. My deepest sympathies to your ex - wife and children though.