Great American Readers / this is fraud; no existing number to cancel!!!
This company scams people into giving them a debit card number so that they can take out $49.90/month (Which they don't tell you) but instead say that they will be sending you a "gift certificate" to shop online for $1000. They twist things around like saying that you're getting this because you're in the military, so on and so forth. They don't mention that you will have over $900 balance for some magazines that they never send you. And no, they don't send you any gift certificates either. The number they provide to cancel has no live person at it. It is a voice recording and there is no way to leave a message to complain or cancel, it just hangs up.
Once they realize there is no payment coming out (Because people will file a claim with the bank on account of fraud), they call and that's when you can speak to a live person. They like to arrange "payment plans" and start bargaining with you!!! They absolutely refuse to cancel anything and say that you basically signed a contract. When asked if they are bbb accredited, they say yes. I've looked into it... They are not bbb accredited! They are rude, hang up on you, and bargain to get any type of payment.
If you were contacted by this company, make sure you don't fall for this scam. If you are already having trouble, try these steps:
* contact your bank - cancel payment and file a claim.
* file a police report
* report the fraud to bbb
More Great American Readers Complaints & Reviews
- Bwp Inc, Great American Readers LLC. - fraud and taking out money out of my account sooner than discussed 
- Great American Readers - magazine scam 
- Great American Readers - fraud and deceptive practice magazine subscription 
- Great American Readers - will not cancel order
- Great American Readers - scam/fraud 
- Great American Readers - fraudulent business practices; misrepresentation of the cost of the service; refusal to cancel order
- Great American Readers - what not let me cancel
- Great American Readers - magazines 
- Great American Readers - unwillingness to cancel magazines and ongoing billing
- Great American Readers - subscription