Great American Readers / total fraud!!!

Great American Readers
This company contacted me and basically started speaking super fast. The guy I spoke to was named Richard Wall and he told me he was new at the company so he didn't know any of the details (and he was flirty, making jokes, singing...all a ploy to suck you in) but if you have seen the movie Boiler Room, this is not unlike this company's schemes I just wish I realized this before hand. I have contacted the cancel number that this very rude and GHETTO woman gave to me after I figured out what was happening after which I called my bank and my bank has filed a claim to cancel this charge. The ghetto operator for Great American Readers gave me this number and told me not to say that she did while on tape but she prompted me to give the answers to questions so again, I was continuously tricked bc if i hung up, the damage was already done. The number they gave me to cancel does in fact have a live person at it if you call at exactly 9 am eastern time. The woman I spoke to was named Kelly and she told me that the charges would "fall off" after 7-10 business days but I can't trust anyone or anything affiliated with his company so I called my bank for backup. I have no idea what is going to happen but I promise I will not pay for this despite this being my mistake, this company does a fantastic job of duping me.

A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
Do y0u have the phone number to cancel?
A  9th of Dec, 2009 by
Last week they were making calls claiming a person won a $1000 gift card from purchases made using their Visa or Mastercard on Black Friday.

They deduct that money right away. No sooner had my friend called me about that uneasy feeling we were online checking the bank account and it was already a pending transaction...

Christmas time is always a difficult period to understand someone may be evil, but during this recession is especially daunting.

Great American Readers Logo Great American Readers