Great American Readers, LLC / fraud of takin money out of account

1 PO Box 66684Pompano Beach, FL, United States
Phone: (877) 244-0816

I had got a call bout a thousand dollar offer if I buy some magazines. They told me exactly that they are goin 2 bring the papers in the mail and see if I am interested. So, I say yes cause I thought it wouldn't hurt me and I knew maybe dat thousand dollar offer was too good to be true. So, I give the information bout my address and how to contact me. Then, they told me that I would have to pay a payment of 49.90 and they will give a supply of magazines for 20 months and that was all. So, like a two days later I figure I do not trust this so I try to call to close the account but nobody answer and that maybe think I have to close my credit card account, which I did. Then, a two weeks later they have called my job and report I owe them a due payment of 49.90 and I didn't even receive nothing to have a payment. While still on the phone, I told them close the account immediately and they told me that I have to close it with a total of 980.35, which I told them, no. So which again, they call my job and my employer answer and they ask for me and he ask why, but they did not really tell him but I owe them money and they wanted my social security number. Last time I check u should not ask for information like dat.

2r