Great American Readers / fraud

United States Review updated:
Phone: 952-852-6709 / 1-800-269-4179

This is a group that manipulates customers into purchasing rubbish. Solicited callers at home are manipulated into submitting personal bank account information. Please contact your banker and change your account information. GAR will persistently continue to pester you, but REMEMBER you have the right not to disclose your personal information over the phone to ANYONE! The only way to get these guys off your back is to change your account info. (This means you need to talk to your banker about changing the account numbers on your debit card. If you used a credit card, you need to call the number on the back of your credit card and ask to deactivate it or report it stolen.) But first meet with your banker.
The only two numbers I have acquired to contact these fraudsters are listed here.

Good Luck... A friend of mine was manipulated by these guys and lost about $1000. Their wolves and they will not stop calling or withdrawing from your account. If you have been frustrated with canceling your account at GAR don't waste your time. They won't let you. Just change your bank info w/your banker and they can't pull anymore money out of your account.

Comments

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2009

My name is Alanzo phillips and I'm here to file a complaint against Great American Readers. They called me and told me that they will give me a $1000 gift card when I order magazines for a low price for 60 months but they end up charging $598.00 for the magazines even though I told them to cancel the order. They was also bei g rude to me and they told me that I have 14 days to cancel and I called them before that. All of sudden later on, I get a $598.00 and I Neva received what they said that they would of give me and that's why I was trying to cancel the order. This company is fraud for real and I want something to be done.

• Ze
      9th of Dec, 2009

Last week they were making calls claiming a person won a $1000 gift card from purchases made using their Visa or Mastercard on Black Friday.

They deduct that money right away. No sooner had my friend called me about that uneasy feeling we were online checking the bank account and it was already a pending transaction...

Christmas time is always a difficult period to understand someone may be evil, but during this recession is especially daunting.

• Ra
      1st of Oct, 2010

These guys send you a $1000 gift certificate on a website for Cheap Crap. You cant even use anything on the website. They start sending you magazines you didn't even choose. They started charging my card $39.90 a month. They didn't tell me there refund policy in the beginning. When i tried to cancel a month later they said i would need to pay a balance of $600.00 to cancel my account. I told them no. These guys are scammers dont sign up with them. They use unfair pressure tactics to make you signup.

• Zo
      4th of Oct, 2010

Great American Readers
    I received a solicitation from this company awhile ago. It sounded too good to be true but I agreed if I received a list of magazines, I would review it and order some. I didn't get a list, I didn't get a $1, 000 credit card but I have received numerous magazines, none of which I ordered or would be interested in ordering. I have called to cancel any subscriptions and send each magazine back with cancel, refused, return to sender written on each one. I still received invoices and threats to turn me over for collection. This is fraud and please do something immediately.

• Al
      6th of Oct, 2010

I think that we all should get together and file a class action suite on GREAT AMERICAN READERS . If they want to play this game lets fight back maybe one on one they can bully people but if we stand together maybe we can get our money back.

• Ki
      22nd of Nov, 2010

After reading all the complaints, I called the company nd was able to cancell, the girl said a rep would all in a fe days to resubmit the funds back into my account. We will see if this happens. I have already notified my bank.

• Wh
      15th of Jun, 2011

I'm in the military and I had received a call talking about a promotion that I had won and I had signed up for the free magazines. I had made my first initial payment of 37.90 or something like that and never received my $1000.00 worth of gift certificates, but I did receive magazines every so often. I received a call today about not paying my bill because the card I had initially used I had lost. They tried to tell me that I had affirmed a contract by accepting the terms of engagement for 4 years, which I didn't. Also said that if I wanted to pay everything off then it was going to cost me, $773.00 for a loan for magazines, like really who does that? If I really wanted a magazine I'd buy one from the store, not take out a loan for one. They started threatening me about sending a letter of indebtedness to my branch of service for not paying, but I also told them that I tried to call the number back that I had first set everything up through to cancel, which I could never get through. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTISTS, JUST TRYING TO MAKE A GET RICH BUCK. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEM.