Great American Readers / say you're getting gift but really are spending same amount for magazines
I was called and was told I was on the internet and clicked on something that put me in a group of names and I was picked to recieve a $1, 000 gift card which I could use at any stores to purchase whatever I wanted.
Then in a bit of a confused message I was told that I would receive 5 bonus magazines and they would be billed at $3.83 for all five weekly. I was told this was a 60 month payment! Then I was told that rather than bill weekly they would bill me monthly and "bundle up" payments so I would only have to pay $49.90 for 20 months and then I would'nt have to worry about the rest.
After I gave them my credit card reluctantly, and hung up the phone I started to do the math. There's no free anything. I will be paying $998.00 for those magazines - which I really don't want!
I am contacting my bank immediately to make sure no more money is removed from my account.
Please arrest these people!
More Great American Readers Complaints & Reviews
- Great American Readers - this is fraud; no existing number to cancel!!! 
- Bwp Inc, Great American Readers LLC. - fraud and taking out money out of my account sooner than discussed 
- Great American Readers - magazine scam 
- Great American Readers - fraud and deceptive practice magazine subscription 
- Great American Readers - will not cancel order
- Great American Readers - not canceling magazine order & continual billing 
- Great American Readers - cancellation 
- Great American Readers - not canceling magazine order & continual billing
- Great American Readers - great american readers
- Great American Readers - complaint