Great American Readers / unauthorized order

Great American Readers
This company conducts business in a very rude way. I tried to reach them for days to let them know that this magazine subscription was unauthorized and I did not want their product. I could not get through to anyone and had to contact my bank and file an affidavit about this situation. They are rude and obnoxious and are taking advantage of the elderly. This is my 88 year- old fathers account and he does not understand what has happened although I have tried to explain it to him. I am asking anyone with dealings with this company to beware of unfair business practices

A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Yes they are really nasty and use foul language when talking to you, disgusting!
A  27th of Apr, 2009 by
Im dealing with a great american reader too and in my cace they called me and i just wanted 20 magazines for $54.99. I paid $54.99 then the after reciving the 20 magazines they still sent me more. So i tried to call them and they would never return my messages. Now they say that i owe them $980... i never asked for this. Now im having to go to court. Also they are very rude, obnoxious and will not listen to what you have to say. Please be carfull befor you say anything to these people...
A  9th of Dec, 2009 by
Last week they were making calls claiming a person won a $1000 gift card from purchases made using their Visa or Mastercard on Black Friday.

They deduct that money right away. No sooner had my friend called me about that uneasy feeling we were online checking the bank account and it was already a pending transaction...

Christmas time is always a difficult period to understand someone may be evil, but during this recession is especially daunting.

Great American Readers Logo Great American Readers