Grays Outdoor Services / Money refund

1 29163 RayburnLivonia, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 248-470-2316

I requested a Landscaping service from www.leads.com, a website that provides services and enables you to be contacted by different service companies. Grays Outdoor Services contacted me. Thomas Gray, the owner of the company came to my house and gave me an estimate of $1000 on the job. We agreed for him to get started right of way. He came back few days later and showed me sample of stones to be used. After agreement on everything, he drafted an agreement and asked for $400 deposit with a promise to start the job the next day. I gave him $400 and took the copy of the agreement that had $400 paid with a balance of $600 at completion of the job. The second day, no one showed up. I called Thomas Gray, he gave me several execuses, that they're on their way and they were finsihing another job. Then said, he will show up the same afternoon. No one showed up. I called again, he said, they couldn't start and asked if he can start tomorrow, I agreed. No one showed up again. I called, and he gave me many other execuses. I asked him: When are you coming to do the job, He said Monday, I agreed, he didn't show up on Monday, then called me and said Wednesday, and he didn't show up either. I finally, called him and asked him for the deposit back. He said, that he will be at my house that same day to give me my money back. He did not show up. I called and offered that I will go and pick it up myself. He didn't respond. This issue has been going on since September 4th. I called www.leads.com and www.servicemagic.com. Those 2 sites recommend him. They both told me that e is a member of the BBB. and he was rated highly. I couldn't find his name on your website. I requested that he gives me my money back, and he still didn't respond. Please be aware that I gave him so many chances, and he still failed to respond promptly and return the deposit. Please help. Thank you for your time

Al

Comments

Jo
  22nd of Sep, 2008

I had the same problem with this company. Gray's Outdoor Service also known as Reliable Seasonal Service out of Southfield, Michigan. The owner Thomas Gray is a thief. He tried to steal money from me too. Be carfeul and don't deal with these guys. Thieves..

Ma
  30th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I was able to get my money back from him. I sued him.
Thomas Gray is a thief..
Gray's Outdoor Services is a bad comapny

Ze
  13th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Thomas Gray took $400 from us as a deposit to start a job and he never came back after taking the deposit and we are suing him. Do not hire him, he is a thief.

Ad
  9th of Mar, 2009

Agreed, he took me for a couple hundred bucks last september/October and I am suing him this week to get my money back. He gave me an receipt for my down payment, and never showed up, gave plenty of excuses, and finally he disappeared. I have reported it to service magic and the Southeast michigan BBB as well.

4th of Jun, 2009

Thomas Gray is a real piece of ###, and a theif among other things. I need more info on this guy. if anyone has his where abouts, please contact me at gtotomm@gmail.com. Thanks

Re
  5th of Jun, 2009

Sadly, we were also taken by Tom Gray. Same story as all of the above, sort of. ...Good or bad he actually did do phase I of our back yard, the demo work. We gave him a sizable check to purchase our materials and we never saw him again. Now we have a mud-pit back yard and no money to finish. I would like to sue him as well. Could any of you tell me if you were able to get your money back?

Os
  17th of Jun, 2009

I supplied materials to Gray's Outdoor Services. He wrote me a bad check. It's been 30 days and it is still not resolved. I agree with all of you and hope that someone puts him in jail. Anyone that reads this and still hires this man deserves to get taken - beware!

18th of Jun, 2009

Your absolutly correct. we all need to get together, and have him prosicuted, and put in jail. Lets do this people!!! He has to be stopped, or he will keep doing this!!!

Th
  30th of Aug, 2009

to joe which was my expartner in business that was a druck drug addict theif that sold all my equipment from me and his family i owed him nothing his company energenic enterprises out of canton the have no ins or skills to do our work low life .as for mark naim is a fake name form ali his wife zeinab elzin all the complates over there wanting everthing free and starting and making serverl lies and multi complants as for osbourne yes we stopped a check on them they shorted us but four yardsa and messes up our job they have nowe being paid for what we recieved as for renee that is a issue of its own and being delt with now as tom tomczach this guy is cant do what he says he could and cost my company alot of my he showed up to remove a tree from a contractors home with a escort and i had to hire a company tp finish it for my customer as for adam ill be refunding his money i owe him his three hundred sorry for this we been in business for 12 years and still goin strong we wish we could please everyone just not always thanks again

31st of Aug, 2009

To grey's out door services: Tom your a low life piece of ###. A liar as well. All these people cant be wrong! This forum is not for you to justify yourself. Its to make other poeple aware that your a crook and a thief. ###!!! you will get what you deserve!

Os
  2nd of Sep, 2009

Gray's did NOT stop payment on their check, it was returned for non-sufficient funds. I have visited both homes to which we delivered concrete on that day, and there was no shortage. The only contact with Mr. Gray was to set up a payment arrangement for which we have received NOTHING. It is too bad our legal system is so messed up that we cannot get any help to prosecute a felony. We have been in business since 1965, certified and licensed by Wayne County and the Michigan Department of Transportation. If you still want to hire Mr. Gray after reading these comments, then good luck to you. Also, check out the Better Business Bureau's site, as there are more interesting comments posted there.

2nd of Sep, 2009

As i stated before, Thomas grey is a liar, He rips people off, then tries to justify his criminal doings. I beleive every complaint on here. I know osbourn concrete is telling the truth. If you hire Thomas Grey, you deserve what you get. He's going to rip off the wrong person one day, and he will get what he deserves. Thomas Grey: I hope you have eyes in the back of your head!!!

Aj
  6th of Mar, 2010

I have just contacted the Better Business Bureau regarding Tom Gray and his bogus company. I also was contacted by him through Service Magic when I was searching for a snow removal service. I reported him to Service Magic and have copied and pasted the complaints on this board and emailed them to their Customer Complaints address. This guy is a real piece of work. I am at least thankful that I only gave him a deposit up front. Even though it is only $125, I will follow this through to the end. He came to my house to collect the deposit for snow removal services, and kept calling to say that he was sending his guys to do the job. Obviously nobody ever came. This guy is definitely a low-life thief and I feel like an idiot for being taken by him. I am sorry for everybody that he has scammed, but happy to know that I was right to report this guy to the BBB.

Mt
  29th of Jul, 2010

Hello All,
I wish I had seen this forum before. I have given him about 5K to complete my landscaping work and since last week I am not able to reach him over the phone. I am not what to do.

Pa
  24th of Sep, 2010

Learn from others mistakes. If not, check BBB on this name and judge yourself

30th of May, 2012

Thomas Gray likes to rip people off. His run is coming to a end. People like Gray get what they deserve.