Gray's Gas / My house could have burned down!
My husband and I purchased a house in July and before closing we needed the furnace to be inspected. Gray's Gas in Greensboro, Md. inspected the furnace and gave us a formal letter stating that it was in working condition. Several months later, it got cold outside and we needed to turn on our furnace and it did not work. The service supplying our propane checked out the furnace and they said that it was never hooked up to be checked by Gray's Gas because several parts were missing or faulty. They said that if we did turn our furnace on and it did fire, our house would have caught on fire! They fixed what was wrong and sent us a $135 bill for labor of the service. We took this bill to Gray's Gas along with the letter they sent us claiming that the furnace was in working condition and they took no responsibility for this and even implied that we did something to the furnace since it was, "working when they left" and they "have a great reputation." They were extremely condescending to us and refused to pay for the bill or admit that they may have made a mistake. They offered no solution other than to accuse us of calling them "liars" and ignoring us to the point where we just left frustrated and stuck with a bill that they should have taken care of months ago!