Gray Daniels Ford - Brandon, MS / repair issue

1 Brandon, FL, United States

On April 2013, I purchased the 2013 Ford Escape VIN 1FMCU0GX7DUC90994 at Gray Daniels Ford at 201 Octavia Drive Brandon, MS 39042, all regular maintenance of the vehicle has been performed by the dealership. I never had an issue with your service until July 19, 2018, when I was not advised properly regarding the extent of engine damage my vehicle had undergone. On July 19, 2018, I requested a repair to my vehicle after the warning light indicated the engine was overheating. Gray Daniels Ford diagnostic report suggested the water pump, belt, battery and positive cable needed to be replaced. I agreed to replace the suggested parts. Subsequently, I asked your service manager, to let me know if the engine had any damage due to the water pump failing . The service Manager replied that the engine did not have any damage and noted "retested OK" on my invoice. I picked up the vehicle on July 20, 2018 and paid the invoice in full at that time. There were no recommendations for additional repairs. On July 26, 2018, the warning light came on again.The same day I brought my vehicle back to Gray Daniels Ford. I spoke with a service representative and told her a representative from AutoZone, in Flowood, MS produced a report that indicated the "coolant bypass valve" needed to be replaced. Gray Daniels employee stated that their mechanics would need to perform their own diagnose to confirm if the coolant bypass valve would be needed to be replace. I left the car at Gray Daniels and again incurred the additional expenses of $349.68 for your report which confirmed the coolant bypass valve had failed. I have attached a copy of this invoice. Again, I was neither informed verbally nor was I noted on the invoice that additional repairs were necessary. On August 6, 2018, the low coolant warning light turned on again. The same day I brought my vehicle back to your dealership, which in fact was the 3rd time within two weeks. Gray Daniels employee later called and stated that the engine may have some damaged because the engine overheated on July 19, 2018. It suggested that the head gasket needed to be replaced and the cylinder head has to be removed to confirm the head gasket is damage. Gray Daniels employee stated it would take 20 hours of labor to removed the cylinder head from the engine . I declined the service and told Ms. Ferguson I did not have the money to pay for 20 hours of labor. On August 7, 2018, I picked up the vehicle and spoke with the service manager, and he confirmed that the head gasket need it to be replaced. He offered me to call me back with a final estimate to replace the head gasket. I have not yet received a return call from you. Also, I sent a certified mail letter to Gray Daniels regarding my complain and never received a reply back. Letter was sent on August 10th. If the service advisor(s) had advised overheating of the engine would cause serious subsequent damage to the engine, I would have decided not to performed any repairs . Instead, I relied on your advice and paid for your services each time hoping that the car would be properly repaired. I promptly returned the car to you each time, I feel the major issue was never detected and repaired, while no recommendations were ever noted to me. I spent $1, 870.88 - 80% of this amount is for labor expense. In the past, I had high expectations of your service advisors' experience, professionalism and meticulous work. Today, I am extremely disappointed with your service. I do not have a reliable vehicle for my family, consequently I am very upset. I am requesting that you issue a refund to me for $1, 870.88, which represents the total amount paid for your services from July 19, 2018 through August 7, 2018. I do not have a reliable vehicle, I need this matter to be resolved quickly. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Jo