Grantsmoney.com / fraudulent advertising and charging

1 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Same as the others...I agreed to pay a nominal charge for a book that would help me obtain more information about Canadian Government grants. A few days later, I discovered more charges on my credit card. Naturally, I am not able to get any money back, as I can't seem to find anyone to contact at grantsmoney.com, but I have cancelled any 'membership' relationship with grantsmoney.com and have alerted my credit card company so they will be able to go after any additional charges on my behalf.

We

Comments

• Pa
      19th of May, 2009

I just registered to obtain a free trial kit for Money grants for 1.95 & received a call from my bank that 2 other transactions were placed on my credit card one for 44.00 & second for 67.00 which I did not authorize. I am asking for a refund & sent an e-mail to refunds@grantsmoney.com hopefully they will have some integrity & refund my money which again I did not authorize.

14th of Aug, 2009

Same problem here. I agreed the nominal fee and was charged twice. First for the 2.18 trial which seems to be more than advertised and then on the same day $64.39. pardon me but WTF?

14th of Aug, 2009

I just gave them a call and they said that the trial period was just for a day and here I was waiting for an email from them to confirm my minimal payment of 2.18. In the meantime they already automatically set me up for a subscription for I think a month for $64.39. Now I am at the mercy of the refunds department refunds@grantsmoney.com. Wish me luck with that. P.S. Unless you have some kind of master plan for a business of some sort don't even try checking on the website. They are after that $64.39 which I could have spent elsewhere.

• Ca
      27th of Sep, 2009

I agree with everyone that has taken the time to help warn the rest of us who are trying to get our lives on the right path and a new start for achieving our future financial goals. Do not subscribe to this bogus sight, as soon as you give the 2 dollar fee it will tell you they dont ship anymore and it takes weeks to get the program on line, by then they have bille you and over bill at that.

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2009

There is an advertisement for them on Facebook now ... next time I see it, I will flag it as Fraud ... sorry for everyone's luck .. as they say, if it is too good to be true, ...

• Ne
      30th of Sep, 2009

I've just got the same problem. Have anybody ever received refund from then?

• Br
      28th of Oct, 2009

Funny thing is that I my husband nor I never agreed to a nominal fee and had never even heard of this company until we recieved an e-mail saying that we had registered. After calling we found out that we had been charged the $1.95 (non-refundable) plus another $57 and change charge that we had to apply to have refunded. My husband was overseas in Afghanistan when he apparently signed up for it. They had his full name, our credit card information and said that there was no way that it could be fraud because the credit card information had to be confirmed and all that. I told them that anyone could have gotten ahold of that number and it's called FRAUD. We contacted our credit card company and they said that they had recieved numerour complaints regardng this company and that they were going to reverse them and charge it back to them. They cancelled our card even though they said that there would be no further transactions just in case and are sending us a new card. This isn't the first time we have had a company do this to us. Luckily we caught on to it right away this time before almost $1000.00 was charged like last time. We are lucky to have such a great credit card company that helps us out when this sort of thing happens. We have the Canadian Tire Mastercard (Options). I no longer use my credit card online ever and am very careful where and when we use it at all for that matter. Some companies actually sell your information to third party companies...can you believe it. This sort of this is ungodly and I can't believe that companies are doing this sort of thing to hard working people. Good luck to all who have encountered this and are dealing with trying to get it stopped and refunded.

Brandy

30th of Oct, 2009

thanks for the info. saw an ad for it here: http://www.dianesbailoutblog.com/
    her site has a link that goes to grantsmoney.something
    and her story is a good one. too good to be true, yep.
    I'm glad I saw this stuff with people getting ripped off - sorry guys.
    it's the same thing that happened to me with the memory medicine shown on tv. what a scam. rope you in and then rob you.
    screw these guys.