Grantsmoney.com / unauthorized charge

1 Canada Review updated:

On March 9, 2009, I was lured into this scam off an ad online, I quickly realized its services were useless to me and the advertising was completely misleading. I cancelled my account within 20 minutes of signing up and was informed that I would ONLY be charged the 2.50 Signup fee.

What do I get on my Visa bill? A charge for 50.42 to "taxrefundguide.com". I'd never even HEARD of this site and as a Canadian would have no use for it whatsoever!

I have demanded a refund but have yet to hear back from them. The woman in customer service spoke quickly and was rude and did not seem interested in helping me.

I expect my money back.

Tanya O

Ta

Comments

• Yp
      17th of Apr, 2009

I too was taken for a ride by this company...agreed to pay $1.95 charge on my credit card and was very surprised to then find a new charge on my CC for $ 47.81 for Turbo IRS...being a Canadian I do not deal with the IRS...so I called my CC company...they gave me a number to call...and after a heated arguement I was told my money would be refunded. I also received an email from them stating my account was "closed". The next day I checked my CC again to find yet another charge in the amount of $71.82. So I called again...was told that was for my monthly membership, so yet another heated arguement, and once again told that all my money would be refunded within 5 days. At this time I am not too sure I will ever see those credits on my CC statement, but will post again when the 5 days are up.

YPJ

• Mf
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Well, I thought I was a little smarter than this but guess what, I got sucked in too. I called my credit card company and found out that there was two charges applied to the account within 20 minutes of each other. First the $1.95 plus tax and then another for 47.81. The terms of the agreement allow you one day to change your mind and in B.C. you have 10 days to change your mind on any contract. I informed the credit card company to stop any further charges from being applied to my account. Which I have and they have assured me they will stop any further charges from being applied. However I may be stuck with the $50 worth of charges. The credit card company informed me that on-line or by phone when you give out your card information to a so called company, they can bill to your account whatever they want and it is up to you to prove it in court that you did not authorize the charges. So be warned, Check out the company very closely before giving out your information. I found out the hard way.

MFJ

25th of Apr, 2009

hello sir
    my cancelation # 1937949

25th of Apr, 2009

we cannot apply for grants

• Na
      27th of Apr, 2009

Grantsmoney.com has made me a very angry woman! I am a first time homebuyer seeking grants to purchase my first home. I had been doing extensive searchs when I came across Grantsmoney.com. I am usally very alert and not very quick to whip out my Visa Debit Card via the internet. However, this site appeared to be legit. How wrong I was!
    Before I entered my debit card info, it clearly stated, "We're holding this GrantsMoney Funding Kit just for you. You card will be charged a processing fee of $1.95 and you will receive immediate access."
    Upon reading this info, I submitted my Visa Debit Card info. Then a screen popped up advising me that everything processed successfully stating "The $1.95 processing fee will show as Cash-System-Online.com on your statement."
    I then clicked on grantsmoney.com/kit and entered the Username and Password that was provided. I was then utterly disappointed because I didn't see any info that was going to benefit me!
    I then went to my banks website to view my activity to see that not only was I charged $1.95, but I was also charged a second transaction of $38.21. I immediately called the 1-800 number at 1-866-955-1671. I spoke with a young "fast talking" lady and cancelled the subscription. After she gave me a cancellation #, I demanded a refund. She started talking really fast again about God only knows what. I soon stopped her and demanded that I get a refund. She stated that I would have to e-mail the refunds department at refunds@grantsmoney.com
    I did just that, but since this just happen hours ago, I haven't heard anything. However, if my sitation is not taken care of, I will submit complaints to every consumer agency in the US!

• Th
      30th of Apr, 2009

Well they say in the terms that it's a charge to "start" their service...

and the offer is clearly written

Offer Details: Clicking the buy button will activate your trial membership with Grants Money and provide instructions to the supplied email address! To activate your trial membership to Grants Money your card will be charged $1.95 and then you can immediately take advantage of the exciting savings Grants Money has to offer! After your 1 day trial period it's just $57.61 for each 30 days for Grants Money. Remember, you can chat with a live operator by calling 1.866.955.1671 within the 1 day period to cancel or emailing us at support@grantsmoney.com and providing detailed information to enable us to process your request, and you will not be charged. You also receive access to our work from home guide for a one-time charge of $38.21.

So... ALWAYS READ THE TERMS before any transactions of any kind.

• Na
      30th of Apr, 2009

Clearly written or not, after I raised much hell, I received my refund!
    And what they are doing is FRAUD!

• Th
      30th of Apr, 2009

We certainly should make them to shut down... but the fact is... we can't say legally it's fraud. The judge won't accept it. Well I don't know details on the product they give... But the fact is... they are legally ok. I don't say that what they are doing is okay. but grant money is for enterprise and organisation to help them expand and give them a chance to survive. Never a governement will send money to individual like that... What the community will say if they do so?. They say if you can be accepted, you will get over 10000$ and that's true but ONLY to expand an enterprise or organisation. How can you think the government will give you this kind of things.

There's hundreds of websites that claim to give you money... they all have the same look : a big car on the top, success stories (they are often the same in all these websites but not in the same order) and your information at the bottom [more info?] and now your credit card information. Don't be trapped in these kind of websites. We need to shut them down... But... we certainly can't right now. We certainly need a restructuration of the law in the internet marketing websites so the users can be more protected and don't give money to people who use the system.

But I'm really sorry that happened to you all. And be more careful next time.

Regards

Thierry

• Mi
      2nd of May, 2009

Here is the info on Grants Money.com To bad a good hacker could not wipe them out. They stole from my account as well! Told me they would refund my Visa and gave me a number & nope nothing yet 3 weeks later! - > Damn Scammers!!!

Registry Whois
    OrgName: Voxel Dot Net, Inc.
    OrgID: VDN-1

NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS.VOXEL.NET
    NameServer: NS2.VOXEL.NET
    NameServer: NS3.VOXEL.NET
    Comment: Re-assignment data at whois.voxel.net.
    Comment: Abuse complaints to <>.
    RegDate: 2008-08-20

Westchester, CA 90045
    US

• Ri
      6th of May, 2009

I got ripped off by grantsmoney.com. I tried to get my credit card reimbursed but they gave me a faulty refund email. I hope others don't fall for this scam. rick

13th of May, 2009
    Grantsmoney.com - over charging
    775 South Alder
    Campbell River
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 12509232411

I was charged $1.98 and for that I was to recieve a package on how to apply for grants. It has now been 5 weeks no grants package. On the 13 of April I was charged $145.00 for the grants that never showed up. It is now May13, 2009 and I was charged another $68.90 for this other grant package (LUCKYEARNININGS.COM) I am now into this grants scam for over $200.00 and would like to get my money back as nothing has been done about any grant package. Can you please look into this scam and help me with trying to get my money back.

• Mi
      24th of May, 2009

ALL PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING,

CALL MASTER CARD, GET THE COMPANY TO GET REMOVED FROM HAVING A MERCHANT ACCOUNT

CONTACT CUREPAY @ http://curepay.com/contact.html

and let them know about the scam

• Ha
      29th of Jun, 2009

I never did authorize any moneys beyond the $1.95 to be deducted from my mastercard. I was hit with a further $57.61. I want my money back, never did receive any kit from them. My cancellation confirmation no is #2703814

• Ca
      1st of Jul, 2009

I never did authorize any moneys beyond the $1.95 to be deducted from my visa. I was hit with a further US57.61. I want my money back, never did receive any kit from them. My cancellation confirmation no is #2720389.
    No supervisor available beyond the first agent who answeres the phone. Unbelievable canadian scam ...

• Bo
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Subject: Grantsmoney.com, earningskit.com, http://www.grantsmoney.com/ca/?

To whom it may concern;

I was fraudulently billed on my credit card the amount of $64.40 from earningskit.com. I have spoken to 2 representatives at the following phone numbers who have told me to email my request to this email address. (1-866-360-1137 and 1.866.955.1671 )

The name on my record is: Bob Donaldson

I am requesting a refund of this money at once. I did agree to the charge of $1.95 in the previous transaction, but nothing else. The fact that you have my credit card information, and have authorized this $64.40 amount is very upsetting to me.

I await your response within 24 hours as I was advised by your representatives. I have cc’d the consumerfraudreporting.org this email, and this link to other complaints of the same fraud here at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/grantsmoneycom-c190656.html

Please advise;

Bob Donaldson

• Ro
      13th of Jul, 2009

I don't know about this grant thing but I was charge $1.95 for a kit that I can't use I haven't receive my credit card bill for this month yet but I'm scare to get surprise after reading what's on the top of this page
    Roger

• La
      20th of Jul, 2009

I lost my husband unexpentently on June 8, 2009. While on the internet I found this offer for $1.95 for help with getting grants for my youngest child to help in finding money to pay for college. I only authorized $1.95 and this morning I found they also charged my account $57.95 that was not authorized and they gave me some BS line that it was clear that it was only good for 1 day. I did this on friday afternoon and this is monday morning and since weekends are not business days I don't think they have the right to take money that is not authorized. I need help to get my money back since I don't have money to get nothing in return. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie M Paul

28th of Jul, 2009

I contacted a website at 18666992623, they wanted to charge me $400 first. They are not good either.

28th of Jul, 2009

yes, i paid for $1.95 too. they said you have to cancel within 24 hours, otherwise you will get billed, you have better cancel that.

28th of Jul, 2009

I just find the right one for Canadian grands.
    I confirmed and reconfirmed. They said they are government office
    CBSC/CSECO