grantsite.net / Misleading advertisement (Using Barack Obamas name)

1 IL, United States Review updated:

This company is a fraud, They ripped off my wife, overdrew her bank account, the refuned her money then they came after me charged me 39.95... They hook people by using Barack Obama's name and image... We called and waited a while with a bad connection to them and finally convinced them to refund my money by threatening to contact the president himself about that.. The company has an F rating by the BBB for numerous things.. heres the addy info on them...

On Point Media Solutions
[protected]
2620 S. Maryland Pkwy. #969
Las Vegas, NV 89109

they operate both

mygrantsite.net
grantmembersite.net

Comments

• Pa
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    grantsite.net - charged account 39.95

I wanted the original cd for the coverage of the shipping and now there is no way to contact them after not recieving the cd. On top of which they have decided to charge my account for an additional $39.95 without any product or services rendered. UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES!!!

• Ki
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    grantsite.net - never received information
    502 Terrace Ave
    Toms River
    New Jersey
    Phone: 848-992-4000
    grantsite.net

Was charged 2.29 for info on grants and never received afraid they are going to charge me more on my debit card.

• Da
      3rd of Mar, 2009

all they said is that they'd send a cd and all you have to do is pay for shipping charges, right?

the same thing happened to me. call this number: 800-4877-085.

apparently we are automatically subscribed to something i'm not even sure what.
    tell them your complaints and they'll unsubscribe you and refund you your money back.

hope this helps!

Grantsite.net
    Kennewick
    Washington
    grantsite.net

i ordered the $2.29 college grant cd for my son on 2/26/09 and was charged for it the same day. While checking my bank account today, 3/7/09, I noticed a pending debit charge of $39.95 from the Grantsite.net. i never authorized any such payment and immediately contacted my Bank to dispute the charge. I was advised I would need to contact this site and dispute the charge with them. Well, they only work Monday-Friday and since it's the weekend, I have to wait. I called both 800-487-7085 and 877-495-1195 and was told their office was closed. This is a scam!!! They tell you it's only $2.29 for this cd and then they use your bank account information for that transaction to try and charge you another $39.95. Never once in any of the fine print does it say you'll be charged anything other than the initial $2.29 -- so, I'm not paying it - and neither should you. Dispute any charges with your bank and call this website # right away. Don't let them get away with this unauthorized use of your information!

• Am
      16th of Mar, 2009

It happend to me as well, the same day I subscribed I cancelled and got a confirmation indicating that the account had been cancelled and provided a confirmation number that my account would not be charged. Today I looked at my banking online and they did infact automatically deducted the payment from my account amount 39.95. I did call this number 877-495-1145 and they were helpful.

• Gg
      30th of Mar, 2009
    grantsite.net - grant cd

Grantsite.net took money outt of my account without my permission... and now I can't even locate them to demand a refund! God forbid they take any more I am on a fixed income and can barely make it. All I wanted was help to fix my plumbing and instead I gat scammed!

• Je
      10th of Apr, 2009

i have been charged twice now and i want my money back

• Vi
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Same crap happened to me. I called but they won't refund my money!!