grantsearch.com / Unauthorized Chanrges

NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18004790979
In late August I received a cd rom in the mail from these people, believing it was a college grant service i loaded it in the cd drive of my computer. It immediately started a presentation and I realized it was for "business" grants. I stopped it and removed the CD and threw it out. Now in my September charge statement I received over $40.00 in charges from this company. I suspect they hacked my google cache and trasmitted the information back to their servers. I also received a charge from blockbuster.com. I called grantsearch and they refunded the money after I accused them of online fraud. Blockbuster.com also refunded my money, seems that grantsearch.com is an "affiliate" of blockbuster. They even used a bogus mothers maiden name for a security question on the account!!!. These people need to be reported to the nevada attorneys general. I wonder how many more thousands of people they scammed.

Comments

Jo
  10th of Jul, 2008

grantsearch.com - Unauthorized charges!

Two amounts - $39.95 and $1.00 - were taken from my bank account by grantsearch.com. I did not authorize these transactions. I have no idea how this occurred, I never ordered anything online or offline through this site. I demand that this money be returned to my account immediately. I expect to hear from your accountant, president, or someone about the return of my money.
  10th of Jul, 2008
Please contact our customer service at 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Ryan R.
Je
  22nd of Jul, 2008
Please note that these charges were not made by the Australian company whose registered business name is GrantSearch, of which I'm the proprietor, but by an American network trading under various names using grantsearch(.com) as its Merchant ID to deliberately mislead its customers.

Emails sent to ryanr@wskc.org get an autoresponder message from another address, with the exact same wording as the one above. Ryan R's name is Ryan Riddle and his real email address is ryanriddle@iworks.com.
Al
  22nd of Jul, 2008
They debited my debit card in the amount of $39.95 July 18, 2008, I did not authorize this charge!
I slo have two other unauthorized charges from two other unknown sources of $7.95 and $9.95, and I suspect this company of these charges as well!!
I would like an investigation into this matter, and I will no longer use this debit card, so theywill not have a chance to do this to me again!!!.
I would also like to be reimbursed.
Si
  29th of Jul, 2008
They debited my debit card in the amount of $39.95. I did not authorize this charge. I have a number of other unauthorized charges that I suspect this company made.
I would like this company to be investigated about this matter since I have made no purchases from them. I also have no use for info they may provide.
I would like to be reimbursed.
Any info in this matter will bew greatly appreciated.
Ki
  14th of Aug, 2008

grantsearch.com - unauthorized double charges
GrantSearch.com
Oregon

In a "free" $500 card ad, you had to select 5 products, all of which were supposed to be refundable. I was charged twice for $1, then 39.95 twice a week later. Their phone number is disconnected. I called their help link, and they didn't know anything about them. The website was aboutuswebirc. they told me to go to enquiries@grantsearch.com. still, no answer. I am now out almost $100 from this scam.
Ch
  26th of Aug, 2008
they charged me 32.95 without authorization
  16th of Sep, 2008
THEY GOT ME TOO! I'VE BEEN CHARGED 39.95 TWO TIMES ONCE A MONTH ! I TRIED TO CALL THE PHONE# BUT NEVER GET AN ANSWER. THE LINE IS ALWAYS BUSY! THEY CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE I CHANGED MY ACCOUNT! BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS!
  16th of Sep, 2008
THEY STOLE MONEY FROM ME AND I WANT IT BACK!
Je
  17th of Sep, 2008
Grandsearch charge me $39.95 without my autorization, STOP PLEASE!!!
  18th of Sep, 2008
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call 800-479-0979.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call us directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

1st of Oct, 2008
Grant Search is not affiliated with the Blockbuster charges that you mention.

Customer Service Administrator
Ma
  6th of Oct, 2008
i have several hits on my account from grant search. i did not give any one permission to do that, don't let it happen again. mark reynolds
Ke
  6th of Oct, 2008
you are charging me for a membership
Iwould like to cancel it

thanks ken halpin
  11th of Oct, 2008
The same thing is happening to me. I have been trying to cancel but with out luck. I demand to have all my monies returned as I did not okay this continuation of taking 39.95 out of my account every month or any time ever.

Patricia OConnor
patty_oconnor@.com
Ch
  11th of Oct, 2008
i agree with wuts going on i did not sign up for any grant search i will be calling and filing a complaint. i did not autherized any charge of 7.95 also i did not receive a this disk you speak of there for if anymore charges r applied there will be procicution i have my attorney working on it this is a scam you can say its not but it is... my attoerny and i will be in contact with you...
Ne
  11th of Oct, 2008
I also am being charged for something I never agreed to. I have no interest in this service and would never have agreed to it. I will be filing numerous complaints if the 2 charges of $39.99 and 1 charge of $7.99 are not returned to my account.
nellie miller, nmbadgers@gmail.com
Ar
  13th of Oct, 2008
I feel that the whole thing is one big scam. I orderd afree cd with shipping and handling charges of 1.98. Now i'm being billed 59.95 and still have not recieved the disk. I too want my money back.
Ca
  15th of Oct, 2008
My credit card bank discovered fraudulent charges from grantsearch and blockbuster. I also received in the mail colon cleanse. I read in another section that the latter happened to someone else. It's a good thing that my bank was on top of things.
Rc
  7th of Nov, 2008
Check out the BBB Rating for THE GRANT UNIVERSITY. Odd that the website is no longer in service. I can't imagine why with more than 20 complaints against it!
Shockingly similar stories. Type THE GRANT UNIVERSITY into your https://www.complaintsboard.com search and tell me if any of the stories sound familiar...

They are currently operating under Grantsc.com and pulling the same thing. Look it up-

You don't suppose they're just operating under another name, do you?????? Imagine that!