Grantsc.com / Scam

This is how the language reads on their policy page:
Your kit will be sent to you via United States mail, in 3 to 5 business days, so be sure to look for it. Now is a great time to start receiving money from Government Grants & Private organizations. Your free CD will be shipped to you within 3 to 5 business days, you will have instant access with the member login you will be provided. Also, by continuing you understand this offer includes a 7-Day Free Trial to the Grant Search Center membership site, which can help you get Government & Private grants using the tools and strategies inside. After the 7-Day Free Trial period, you will continue to enjoy full membership at an affordable $59.95 per month billed automatically to your credit card if you do not cancel. You also agree to the 14 day bonus trial to Paid Surveys Database for $17.45 a month thereafter, should you choose not to cancel. Rest assured, this free trial offer can be cancelled at anytime during the trial periods or anytime thereafter by simply calling [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or online as outlined

Note that it says you will receive your "kit" in 3-5 business days, but the free trial is for 7 days, NOT BUSINESS DAYS. I noticed the charge on my card ON the 7th day and called to have it canceled immediatly, but they claim that it was the 8th day. My husband got suckered into this by calling the 866 number listed on the website and none of this was disclosed to him over the phone, only that for the $1.95 we were billed for, he would receive a "FREE CD" that would show him how to get a grant for our business. Upon calling to cancel on the 7th day, I was told that we could cancel, but we would not get our money back...of course not. The next day, I noticed that the charge had been removed from my bank statement, so I figured they realized their mistake. Today, it's been withdrawn again. I called AGAIN and was told that the account had been canceled, but they were keeping the money. My bank is currently working on it as I have filed a claim with them.

BOTTOM LINE:

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
THE ONLY FREE MONEY OUT THERE IS THE MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS.

Re

Comments

Va
  31st of Oct, 2008
GrantSC.com - Overcharged
GrantSC.com
Phone: 866-528-6550
grantsc.com

I would like to report that GrantSC.com is a total rip off and would like to encourage everyone to visit this website before giving your credit card to any online company.

La
  1st of Nov, 2008

I received unauthorized charges on my account. I will never sign up with them again.

Co
  2nd of Nov, 2008

GRANTSC.COM HAS TAKEN AN UNAUTHORIZED AMOUNT OF $59.99 FROM MY ACCOUNT IN WHICH IF NOT CAUGHT IN TIME COULD HAD CAUSE MY CHECKS TO BOUNCE, OVERDRAFT CHARGE AND MADE MY CREDIT BAD... I AM VERY UPSET! WHAT CAN I DO?

Al
  7th of Nov, 2008

I just checked my checkings balance and noticed a charge for 59.95 which I did not authorized. I would like those charges removed immediately!

Alicia

Grantsc.com - BBB Info
Grants Search Center
Las Vegas

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

7th of Nov, 2008

Check out the BBB Rating for THE GRANT UNIVERSITY. Odd that the website is no longer in service. I can't imagine why with more than 20 complaints against it!
Shockingly similar stories. Type THE GRANT UNIVERSITY into your https://www.complaintsboard.com search and tell me if any of the stories sound familiar...

You don't suppose they're just operating under another name, do you?????? Imagine that!

Ju
  8th of Nov, 2008

An unauthorized amount of $59.99, was taken from
my account in which I caught time. I could have gone into an over draft and my credit to look bad.I am highly upset.I called the company to cancel immediately. I want a reimbursement of the $59.99
placed back in my account.

Li
  8th of Nov, 2008

Igot scammed out of $109.45 from my bank account.
I only never authorized these charges. I want my money put back into my account, NOW!

9th of Nov, 2008

Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

9th of Nov, 2008

Charges in the amounts of $59.95, have been charged to my credit card account a number of times and I want them removed.

14th of Nov, 2008

I was charged twice for what????I never ordered anything..what is this ?

Hi,

Please let us know your complaint so we can help you at our best. If you have any concerns or question please call us at 866-528-6550 or you can email us at support@grantsc.com (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or online as outlined.

Thanks,
Tom

Dear Rcas,

THE GRANT UNIVERSITY is not our website.

Sincerely,
Tom

Kh
  17th of Nov, 2008

I been in some of the programs like your, I try many time, but never work. I didn't get any cash? I join for a while now. I cancel it, because I didn't see any resource. Please help me understand howit worked?

Da
  17th of Nov, 2008

I aggree I believe this survey company that took 49.47 out of my account without my authorization. but tryed the web site on my bank statement. and got to this site tryed the phone NO# 888-294-3151 got nothing even had phone company operator try they got nothing. what gives. Dale J

18th of Nov, 2008

I did not authorize this transaction at all. I left my card at a gas station with my ID and went back for it that is plenty of time for someone to write down my ID and or credit card number and authorize this transaction why I don't know but who knows these days people are cruel and do some unlawful things to other people. You need to talk to people on the phone to get their authorization for any transaction.

Signed Mad as Heck

18th of Nov, 2008

want my money put back in my account right now you are liers you said only $1.98 not another 59.98 now put it back now take me off your list too . thank you tonya

18th of Nov, 2008

put my money back soon or i will get my lawyer in on this scam tonya