Grants360.com / Unauthorized charge

BEWARE!
I was lead to this website from www.roberts.com/grants.

I was suppose to only be charged $1.95 for information on free grants available. Right after I signed up I checked my account and they also charged me $38.21 for some tax refund guide. I immediately called customer service they said that it stated on one of the pages on the website that by signing up for the information it automatically commited you to purchase a tax refund guide. There was no terms and conditions to agree to. Their information is a joke too they do not tell you how to really get free grants for student loan debt etc.

Lesson learned I suppose no one is out to help anyone; only out to screw people over. Will definitely monitor my account, and as soon as the transaction clears I will dispute the charges.

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Mar, 2009

i find interesting its based in philipinnes and state legal action would be in phil
    any resolve email me r_stewart99@hotmail.com

• Na
      21st of Mar, 2009

If they can't earn it they steal it.
    Almost $60.00 for nothing worth the $1.95 it was supposed to be.

• De
      21st of Mar, 2009

I was also caught in this awful web of lies and was charged 38.21 for a book i never asked for and also charged 57.00 for membeship they said would only cost 1.95! My question is, has any one gotten thier money back and if so, please tell me how! I am a single mom of 3 teenage children and can't afford this kind of crap. thats why i investigated grants360 in the first place! debdoll07@cox.net

• Ka
      27th of Mar, 2009

Well I just got a call from my credit card company and I have thoe same charges, , This just makes me furious..I am going to be writing an e-mail to them now the refund my money if not I am wondering what the next step will be..I am furious right now and get tired of companys ripping people off. Thier information was also a waste of time and printerink

• Ji
      31st of Mar, 2009

We have a loading credit card and we don't keep any money on it until the minute we need it so all I lose is the 2 bucks..

• Pa
      3rd of Apr, 2009

iwas also taken by this company ithought that iwasgetting a cd for 1.95 iam so mad now i want my money back if anyone can help me it would be great please e mail me at pcwilburn@hotmail.com

• Iv
      4th of Apr, 2009

I was just scammed by this company. I recieved a letter from one of my banks that only had a small amount of money in it and this company charged me $1.95 and then $38.21 on top of that and caused my account to overdraft because my bank went ahead and paid it and then charged me a $25 overdraft fee. I sent grants360.com an email demanding my money back or I would take further action. I hope they respond. Has anyone got their money back yet?

Iva Griffith

12th of Apr, 2009

I gave my credit card number for a $1.95 cd for information about grants. They charged my credit card with 1.95 for the cd which I have never received, $58.19 for Grants membership, and $38.59 for a Tax refund guide. I did not authorize the $58.19 or the $38.59 charges...if I had been told about them I would have declined...this is nothing but fraud and I plan on sending the info to the Attorney General of the United States...I found this info under grants.gov... the web site has been taken off

12th of Apr, 2009

BEWARE-------On Top of the fraud and the overcharging my credit card I have received minimum 8-10 telemarketer calls a day since I filed for this FRAUDULENT cd..NOT TO MENTION I NEVER GOT THE CD..I AM SENDING ALL INFO TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND I SUGGEST EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN IN BY THIS SCAM SEND THE INFO TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

Hello ??

With the Grants 360 we never contact members to sign up and we also do not ship any CD as stated on our site. Perhaps you signed up to a different site. If you feel this is incorrect or if you did sign up with us feel free to send me your user number or the email you used to sign up and I will be glad to issue you a full refund no questions asked.

Hi Joy,

Upon checking the records just now it appears you have been successfully refunded of all charges effective on: 2009-04-12. Even though you have clearly gone beyond the 24 hour evaluation of the site. You joined on March 26th, 2009 and we still refunded you in FULL.

If you would have read the posted http://www.grants360.com/external/terms then possibly this would not have happened. We trust everything is in order with this now. Should you have any questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

1.866.955.1669

PS. Grants.gov is not our site.

• Ri
      13th of Apr, 2009

I agreed to a $1.95 charge and they took another for 38.21 and a nother for 57.61

13th of Apr, 2009

Hi Richard,

Everyone has full access to our Terms and Conditions listed on the site. http://www.grants360.com/external/terms

From what I can see you have not contacted us in regards to a cancel or a refund request. Should you need help feel free to contact us directly. Your concerns will be quickly addressed like everyone else.

14th of Apr, 2009

They are some of the sorriest people that has walked on this EARTH!! on4/8/09 Grantsnmore.com (who ever they are ) Charged $38.21-
    on 4/9/09 charged me $57.61- On 4/10/09, grants 360 charged $1.95- on 4/11/09 charged 57.61- on 4/13/09 grants 360 charged $46.61. This total is $200.04 That i know nothing about!!! I know about $1.95. They said that is all i'll be charged!!!

Charles Bridges

• Tp
      14th of Apr, 2009

I am outraged that this is at all possible ... $38.21 was stolen yes stolen from my account without any authorazation by me I called and was on hold for 15 min and was assured that the policy was termed they better hope so...

15th of Apr, 2009

Hi Tarra,

I have reviewed your account and have successfully refunded your 38.21. Please allow 3-5 banking days for this to reflect upon your account. Should you have any questions feel free to contact me here or via the support site.

15th of Apr, 2009

Hi Charles,

I have located your account with us. It would have been impossible for us to charge you as your card was declined. Your subscription has been canceled with us. Transaction #7568873: Subscription successfully canceled. You may have signed up to more than one site. I suggest you check your emails.

• Jl
      23rd of Apr, 2009

they did the same to me, apparently you cant get your money back, and ther seems to be no product, it is a RIP OFF

• Bu
      24th of Apr, 2009

i see Jason from Grants 360 giving some people there money back. is it a joke or is it real? Jason, can you give me my money back to? cpettii@yahoo.com customer id 2010982. i lost 38.21, 1.95, 57.61. i never asked for all this to be taken from my credit card. now my credit card company has cancelled my credit card due to fraudulant activity and now i had to apply for a brand new credit card which takes 3-4 weeks to get approved because of this. Thanks alot Grants360!!!

• Pr
      5th of May, 2009

VICTIM#???

I was also terrified after giving my information to these ###s. I'm so freaking pissed. Grants360.com is such a fraud. I joined the site yesterday and just this morning I tried to enter the site by typing Grants360.com/kit and I couldn't even get to the site. The only searches came up was SCAM. I will not apply for anything else online. I am a single parent of three trying to better my situation. I don't have time for added stress in my life. I called my credit card company just as soon as I found out. Following the $1.95 fee for the kit they soon tried to get an additional $38.21. (SOB) They gave me this #1866-978-1128 to call and cancel the account with the MF. Which I did followed by a heated conversation, because the silly rep thought my question to her was funny. I asked her why would she work for a company that she knows steals monies from people who are trying to get ahead in life. The silly donkey laughed at me and started throwing #s at me stating this is conformation that account is closed. As if I believe them. All they asked me for is my name. I called back to make sure. Dam they think its a freaking joke after I advised her I was reporting them to ABC news Katie, Tom, somebody is going to put a stop to this bull. I pulled up the sites from my history and was able to get access to the site that gave me some direction. My suggestion is to PLEASE CANCEL ALL CREDIT CARDS WITH TRANSACTIONS TO THIS SITE. Thanks to myself I only had enough to cover the $1.95. Lesson learned: stop being so easy to give out personal info and give up monies so easy. Think 3 times not 2.

Shantie Williams