Comments

• St
      7th of Mar, 2009

Lots of news articles on these grant scams published this week:
    "At a press conference this week, a representative from the Federal Trade Commission admonished online media companies to "monitor their sites for scam ads and get rid of them."

People can report grant scams to the FTC here:

• Ti
      7th of Mar, 2009

I also fell victim to this, the ad called for a payment for shipping only and then bam, a 94.89 charge is there in a few days as well! I called to cancel my membersip which the customer service person said they had done but if I wanted to talk about a refund of my money I would have to reply to an email showing that my membership had been canceled, which of course I have never received. Called back and only got a recording saying they were closed and to call back on Monday, sounds like a scam to me, one that I will be following up on!

• Ca
      19th of Mar, 2009

Ordered a cd for 1.99 from website, that was the only charge i authorized never seen any other site that they said was there that it was a 7 day trial and on the 8th day there was 2 more charges, one for 19.12 from someplace i never heard of erika miller pro and grants one day was charging me 94.89 . Called the company to ask why I was being charged when I did not authorized, they said I should of read the terms and conditions, which I did, and it said nothing of the sort, I told them if I did not get my money back that my credit card co was starting a dispute, which they are, and an investigation, they sent me an email if i would fax them a letter which they wrote, i should just include my name, then they would refund my money, they also said not to do anything in dispute with my credit card co, and in the same breath they are telling me to use the program for 88 days then i will get a refund, even though I cancelled, which would libel me for justfication of them not refunding my money, my suggestion to all is dispute all charges with credit card companies or your banks, they need to be stopped

• Ha
      21st of Mar, 2009

took more money out of bank acount then they said it was to cost

25th of Mar, 2009

I was told that I could get a hold of support services to ask for a refund of my $94.89. I can't get the web site she told me I needed. I was told it was supportgrantsmemberservices.com and when I put that in my computer I get they can't find that site. That is unfair and I have already asked to have my membership cancelled and I want my money back. Can anyone give me and answer of how to get a hold of someone? mary-pollard@hotmail.com.

• Bo
      11th of May, 2009

Same as other victims, they charged my credit card for $94.89 twice. I contacted them for a refund but they say I have to wait 90 days until the trial period ends. What's even worse is that you can't even access the website. It is a total scam.
    I don't know if this complaint like all others will have any effect if those in charge of prosecuting these fraudlent scams are not doing anything to prevent future victims.

• Pa
    Grants One Day - unauthorised $94.98 withdrawl
    Kentucky
    phensley1970@hotmail.com

i too was chared$1.99 for the cd.with was o.k., but then they took out $94.98 out of my account.this caused my account to be overdrawl.wheni called the1-866-876-2778 customer support line they told me to email a refund requestto them. the email address they gave me(supportatgrantmemberservices.com)would not go thru.this support team was very rude, i had to call the 1866#afew time because one of the jerks would hang up on me.when i ask to speak to manger he said he was on then after a question he would hang up. can any help me or tell me what should be done.

• Ra
      9th of Jun, 2016

If you fill out the form you will be taken to a secure order form to enter
    your credit card information.

This page is secured using 128-BIT SSL
    You are purchasing: GRANT ONE DAY
    Your credit card will be billed: $1.99.
    Charges will appear from GRANT ONE DAY.

I thought this would be a good deal to get a CD of information for this
    price so I signed up. I used a one time secure card from Pay Pal for the
    transaction since so many times companies come back and charge other things
    on the card. This was on March 5th, 2009. Mar. 5, 2009 Authorization To
    GRANT ONE DAY 8668762778 CA

I went on with my work week unsuspecting anything else would happen until
    three days before pay day I noticed that this transaction had somehow
    changed to 94.89

Mar. 8, 2009 Secure Card Purchase To IDS*GRANT ONE DAY 866-8762778 CA
    CompletedDetails -$94.89 USD

I immediately called the number on the transaction and they informed me that
    if you open the window and read the fine print you become a member after
    seven days unless you cancel. Well, I figured I was took but this company
    went to a lot of trouble to keep my first transaction for 1.99 as an
    authorization on my one time secure card from Pay Pal so they could change
    it to this ridiculous price later. I knew they had me with the membership
    thing in the terms and conditions and when I contacted them again and again
    they claimed I could cancel my membership which I did and if I wanted to try
    it I would be eligible for a refund in 88 days if I was not satisfied. I
    told them I wanted my money back now and would cancel the transaction with
    my bank... The bank told me in order to do that I would have to cancel all
    pay pal transactions coming in since there was no way for them to isolate
    them.

I decided to pursue the unauthorized transaction claim and sent four pages
    of faxed material including the web site as it showed to Pay Pal Security

We also researched other complaints at Complaint Board.com
    [redacted].com
    /URL removed/

All had similar complaints. We were considering ourselves very lucky that
    when this money was extracted it did not leave us with bouncing payments
    from all kinds of sources that were coming through. We were seriously
    considering just giving up on any more online transactions and going back to
    having a normal savings account.

- Date the program was cancelled.

- Your attempts to resolve this issue with the merchant. You must
    specify how you attempted to contact the merchant (phone, e-mail, face
    to face, etc.) and what the result was. For example, "I called the
    merchant twice and was told the manager would call me back and he never
    did.”

I called the company and they claimed that I had become a member of their
    services when all I did was purchase a CD WITH A ONE TIME SECURE CARD for
    1.99. I told them I would fight them with every resource I had available to
    me.

I called them a second time and they offered me a refund in 88 days if I was
    not satisfied.

They e mailed me a few times after I e mailed them and the offers were all
    different. One offered me 44 dollars to cancel early. I pondered the
    thought. Then the next day or two they e mailed me cause they probably had
    noticed you were trying to get the money back and said no further contact
    with this company.

This is no way to get my membership and no way to do business. Make THEM STOP!

• Ki
      9th of Jun, 2016

I got caught. Where to I go now? Who do I write to and what is the email or the address?

• Dm
      9th of Jun, 2016

Is there anyone out there that has been able to get arefund? If so, "please" share the procedure. (dmoore1644@yahoo.com)

• Ji
    Grants One Day - Unauthorized billing
    Grants One Day
    grantoneday.com

Grants One Day offers a resource guide on cd for $1.99. A couple of weeks after you receive it 'BAM' they hit your credit card for $94.89. Upon calling them and requesting cancellation, the representative stated that the subscription was canceled and I should receive a confirmation email showing the cancellation. I waited around and called back and had them resend the email, after four hours still no email. I checked my credit card statement online the next day and 'BAM' another $94.89 was debited. I called back and asked why there was another debit, the rep couldn't answer me! I asked once again for the confirmation email, waited and still no email. I called back and spoke to another rep, he instructed me to send a request email to the billing dept. I did within a few seconds I received an automated email stating that they received it and that someone would contact me within 24 hours. 32 hours later and still no confirmation! I had to change my credit card info to get this scharade stopped. Another thing, the reps are from another country! Do not get dragged into this, stay away from Grants One Day and Grant Member Services!

Grants One Day - fraud
    Grants One Day
    Missouri

I too have been scamed by these new age pirates. I have emailed and emailed and if you email send copies of previous emails and tell them you will report their dirty games to the attorney general and threaten to sue them they will climb out of their hole and at least acknowledge you. I have hopefully had some success. I wish you luck as well.