Grants Newspin / Scammed

United States Review updated:
I too ordered the Grant Writing CD and paid the shipping charges. Never received CD and saw more charges on my account. This service "Grant Writing Express" appeared on a number of websites about grants that are legitimate. They need to know that they are not legitimate.

A  7th of Mar, 2009 by
Lots of news articles on these grant scams published this week:
"At a press conference this week, a representative from the Federal Trade Commission admonished online media companies to "monitor their sites for scam ads and get rid of them."

"sites take consumers' money for what is available free of charge from the government.
Information about government grants is available free of charge at Grants.gov"

People can report grant scams to the FTC here:

Also complain to the ad network that runs ads for this dodgy company:

358 South 700 East, Suite B147
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

800.689.1260 or Ralph Ruckman 620 964 2487
Heres proof that they run these ads:
Grant Writing Express 5.59% 2.14 EPC
Grant Funding Express 4.79% $2.01 EPC
Grant Every Day Search 4.59% $1.97 EPC
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by
Where can we file a complaint...my account was charge twice and haven't receive the dvd that was offer as a free trial...1st time I called the 1800 number it was always busy...I phone my bank and let them know what was going on and file a dispute on the first charged...but they said because I was late on canceling the free trial they're going to charged my account for $74.00 then I called the company back on the 2nd day still I a recording I was n0.79 caller I was extremely mad...so I phoned the bank again then they were able to give me some information on the grantsorder website and said there's a link to cancel a membership... A day later, I 've recieved an email saying my membeship has been cancel... WEll 2 wks today my account is showing another charged of $29.54 from this grant (Grant/Newspin)...which I didnt authorize it...I phone the bank again and file a claim and cancel my bank card...I'm so pissed off, this needs to stop...I hope they catch these scammers..
N  16th of Mar, 2009 by
I was able to call this number 1-866-960-0858 and they cancelled it before I was billed $74.95.
A  18th of Mar, 2009 by
I got ripped off too, I canceled my free trial before the 7 days, I received the cd which I paid the shipping, then I saw a $29.95 charge March 15, 2009 on my paypal account which I desperately tried to stop with no success. I sent in a complaint to paypal, I also sent a spam to google for any email from this company which goes by several names. I'm pissed at myself-buyer beware of one company various names- here's all the email names I received from the jerks- Grant Funding Express www.grantfundingexpress.com, http://www.granthelpcenter.com, www.grantwritingexpress.com,
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
I called the 866 number and got a spanish recording! Reverse lookup onlne has no info either. Guess I will call my bank and stop it there.
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
Also get the spanish recording on the 888-662-8762 number
N  29th of Mar, 2009 by
I ordered the software too, and i received a charge for $74.95 on my card, plus another 29.95 like a week after that. I called my bank (as with any bank they have a fraud hotline) since i never received my software, and there was no way to actualy talk to a real person at the grant writting company) my bank has the investigation open, and I got a refund of the money. I finally received the software once the compaint was put in place, and i was told to send it back. I have acancelled everything, and there is still a charge of $29.95 coming up on my account, it looks like i am going to have to continue my complant and get a new bank card with a different number on it.
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
Agreed to all of what everyone has said. I'm the latest victim of this scam. All same amounts and time frames of withdrawls here. I can't even believe that there is nothing to be done about these people. I had to cancel my card as well. I cannot get any answer at any of the phone numbers I have tried. If anyone has any luck, give them a piece of my mind as well.
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
I too was scammed by Grant/Newespin. I payed for the shipping charge which was all I was suppose to pay, but, then I recieved a bank debit for 29.95 dollars.I cancelled all accounts with them but still today there was another debit for 29.95. Some one needs to put them out of business.