Grants / Scam

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888.936.7423

Similar issues with comments already provided. Pd $1500 in October, then $5K for a "community impact study", that for some reason they can't seem to give me a copy of, but yet they say that they forward it to the foundations when requested. Why can't I get a copy? Seems pretty darn fishy doesn't it?!!! The supposted owner Mickey Gines won't even return my calls...but I'm sure he'll spin this write up somehow to discredit me. No, I'm not a former employee, just someone that got taken for a $6500 business plan, that I already had 60% built. Thanks for nothing GB[censored] You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wa

Comments

• Ce
      4th of Jan, 2008

They charged $37 to my debit checking card that I never authorized. This crap had better stop!

• Ru
      17th of Feb, 2008

I do not want this charge on my credit card. My cut off date is February 25. Beware people!

• Pa
      15th of Apr, 2008
    Grants - Unauthorized charge to credit card
    BSM Grants
    PO Box 533
    Isleton
    California
    Phone: 916-777-5687

I called your company and told them about the unauthoried charges they assured me that this would be taken care of I see another charge for 7.95 and want you to reimburse me all these charges and do it immediately. This is not right scamming people especially seniors. I am so discusted. I have confirmation numbers to prove my call. I want the charges reversed at the bank Or I will seek Legal counsel.

• Am
      27th of Aug, 2008

I WAS CALLED AND TOLD I HAVE GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR ME.THAT IS NOT TRUE, IT IS A SCAM

• Mr
      9th of Sep, 2008
    Grants - CREDIT CARD
    GRANT REACH
    Phone: 1-866-5460922
    WWWGRANTREACH.COM

I WAS CHARGED 1.95 ON MY CARD AND NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING. THEN 09/07/20008 I WAS CHARGED 49.50 TWICE WITHOUT MY AURTHORZATION, I WANT THE CHARGES TAKEN OFF MY CARD . I NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING AND I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE.IF YOU CAN HELP ME PLEASE DO SO. THANKS

• Ca
      9th of Sep, 2008

people need to know that there is a lot of scams out there and if they aren't careful they will end up like myself and lose a lot of money and noone will help you recover your losses. I have lost all faith in our government to try and help the underdog.

• Ph
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Grants - notcanceled
    grants
    Louisville
    Kentucky

i was unable to use the web site . talked to a lady over one week ago she was supposed to cancel . she didnt do it. now i have been charged 58.61 dollars . i was not supposed to be. i want my money put back in my account. thank you phyllis waddell e.mail louise194875@yahoo.com

• Re
      7th of Nov, 2008

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

• Ar
      18th of Nov, 2008

YOU NEED TO STOP THIS SCAM IMEDIATLEY AND PUT WHOEVER IS DOING IT IN JAIL IT IS TOATLLY LUDRIOUS THAT THIS IS ALOOWED YOU HAVE THE NUMBER SO TRACE IT AND STOP THIS SCAM NOW !!!

• Au
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I did not autherize this charge to my credit card account of 39.95

• Ho
      28th of Nov, 2008

I am being charged $58.61 without authorization. Please remove or reimburse the charges

2nd of Dec, 2008
    Grants - charged made to my back account
    goverment grant
    2006 georgia ave
    Kenner
    Louisiana
    Phone: 504-239-2656

i was charged onto my back account for 39.95 which i did not give permission to do so i want this matter taken care or they will be hearing from my lawyers. thank you ellen deibel

2nd of Dec, 2008

i will appreciate your corporation

2nd of Dec, 2008

i was also charged twice for shipping and handling and now today i was 9.95 whats the deal?

• Ry
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that are located directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button. Also the first paragraph of the Term & Condition refers you to Terms and Disclosures on the sales page.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $2.29 S&H, after the seven day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the fourteen day and twenty-one day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "www.center4grants.com". For questions, call 1-800-479-0979 M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call us directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Customer Service Administrator

• Ca
      11th of Dec, 2008

Contact your states attorney generals office and the FTC and file
    complaints against this company. The more complaints they receive
    the sooner this company will be prosecuted. Their address shows Draper Utah but I was told they are in Nevada. Nevada will accept complaints too.
    Can someone locate a corporate officers for this company, or they probably
    are not licensed. Would love to find name of head of this company.

• De
      14th of Dec, 2008
    Grants - got charged 69.95 which was never authorized.
    Grant University
    grantuniversity.com

I had applied to get a cd and would only be charged 1.98. I had called the company and had gotten thru and told them there is nothing for me to use and I don't want anything else from them There is no cd or anything from them. I got charged 69.95 for something I never authorized. Not sure what to do. I am calling my credit card co in the morning and reported them...IF anyone else ever thinks of using grantuniversity please don't do it...I wouldn't want to see this happen to you...

• Pi
      28th of Dec, 2008
    Grants - Pissed
    Wisconsin

Im sooo mad i didnt say u could take out 3 times what the ### now im in the hole and with 2 kids its not good thanks sooo much there goes my rent ###ers

• Na
      2nd of Jan, 2009
    Grants - overcharge got nothing
    Grants are Easy

I went on line and requested info for grant applications. The charge ended up being 59.89 for which I got absolutely nothing except some web sites that I was unable to access. I was refused a refund. I tried numerous times to access the web sites to no avail. This a scam. Please if you read this dont be fooled as I was for offers such as these.

• Ba
      8th of Jan, 2009
    Grants - fraudulent deductions
    Barbara Brown
    3203 KILDOON DRIVE
    Newark
    Delaware
    Phone: 302-261-6673

On 12/25 $39.95 was deducted from my checking account. I don't understand why I am being charged $39.95.

First of all, I am retired on a fixed income. Someone sent me a CD concerning grants (which I DID NOT order). I cannot afford for these things to be deducted in such hard times.

Can you help at all??